d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Could've Solved World Hunger
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 13 2022 10:33pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 14 2022 05:52am)
He didn't say 10 billion dollars would solve world hunger. He says that solving world hunger should come before spending money on a telescope.

The way you used it, it is meant to cause offense.

Lol, what do rhinos have to do with anything? Face it, you are incapable of understanding different points of view and you flame people for not thinking the same thing as you do.

i like that you also think intuitively :blush: ! thats so rare these days i was starting to think i was the only one :cry:
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Aug 14 2022 03:31am
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 14 2022 04:59am)
Maybe he simply thinks having that telescope is not as important as solving hunger? This doesn't make him ignorant. It just means he has different priorities.

And maybe he thinks people like you will cause our extinction. You know, people who are so damn sure that they are right, they have zero reservation about insulting those who disagree.

You dont understand WHY this thread is so fuckin stupid. Its not because people like myself prefer a telescope over human lives (i dont), it is because we know for a fact that one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other from a financial point of view. You do not understand that. Obviously.

Of course human lives matter. No one denies that.

Its not about priorities in this thread, its about intelligence. Something a few people in here would need a LOT more of.

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Aug 14 2022 03:33am
Aug 14 2022 06:33am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 14 2022 11:31am)
You dont understand WHY this thread is so fuckin stupid. Its not because people like myself prefer a telescope over human lives (i dont), it is because we know for a fact that one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other from a financial point of view. You do not understand that. Obviously.

Its not about priorities in this thread, its about intelligence. Something a few people in here would need a LOT more of.

it does matter kinda from a financial point of view :unsure: every $ is spent from taxpayer money and burdens the economy, if had absolutely nothing with it then you could spend an unlimited amount of money on a project, and printing money out of thin air for random shit pumps up the inflation, which is whats been happening recently. theoretically printing unlimited amount of money devalues the said money into nothing

basically you dont have to agree with me on this not being worth 10 bil, i dont expect that. but you do have to agree there has to be a price limit. now, your limit can be 100 bil, or 500 bil, or even more, depending on how much you think its going to be valuable to humanity. you can even say something like "yeah im bad with economy, i dont really know what the limit should be", as long as you agree there has to be one. and then you will realize there is really no difference between what you and i said, its just that i value that telescope much less than you do ^_^ i simply would prefer 10 bil being spent on something more...earthly, shall we say. or even not spent at all to avoid burdening a collapsing economy. and since that is personal preference, intelligence doesnt have much to do with it, just personality traits :blush:
Gold: 315.00
Aug 14 2022 06:45am
Quote (Snyft2 @ 14 Aug 2022 22:33)
it does matter kinda from a financial point of view :unsure: every $ is spent from taxpayer money and burdens the economy, if had absolutely nothing with it then you could spend an unlimited amount of money on a project, and printing money out of thin air for random shit pumps up the inflation, which is whats been happening recently. theoretically printing unlimited amount of money devalues the said money into nothing

basically you dont have to agree with me on this not being worth 10 bil, i dont expect that. but you do have to agree there has to be a price limit. now, your limit can be 100 bil, or 500 bil, or even more, depending on how much you think its going to be valuable to humanity. you can even say something like "yeah im bad with economy, i dont really know what the limit should be", as long as you agree there has to be one. and then you will realize there is really no difference between what you and i said, its just that i value that telescope much less than you do ^_^ i simply would prefer 10 bil being spent on something more...earthly, shall we say. or even not spent at all to avoid burdening a collapsing economy. and since that is personal preference, intelligence doesnt have much to do with it, just personality traits :blush:

Why cant we spend the 10 bil on the telescope that advances our knowledge AND end world hunger by putting a limit on military spending?

Obviously at the end of the day politicians dont really care about the poor people.... especially if its in a different country. Greed always comes first. Its unfortunate for humanity that people in power are heartless.
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Aug 14 2022 06:47am
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 14 2022 05:45am)
Why cant we spend the 10 bil on the telescope that advances our knowledge AND end world hunger by putting a limit on military spending?

Obviously at the end of the day politicians dont really care about the poor people.... especially if its in a different country. Greed always comes first. Its unfortunate for humanity that people in power are heartless.

dont you remember the list that showed debt of nations? perhaps someone else is running the show other than who u/anyone votes for?
Gold: 315.00
Aug 14 2022 06:54am
Quote (TiStuff @ 14 Aug 2022 22:47)
dont you remember the list that showed debt of nations? perhaps someone else is running the show other than who u/anyone votes for?

Like who?
Aug 14 2022 08:38am
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 14 2022 02:45pm)

that would be lovely, i would be just fine with that :blush: ! but as you said, we cant really put much trust in people in power :( thats pretty much why i dislike any large spendings, because i expect the money not to go where its supposed to

Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 14 2022 02:54pm)
Like who?

he probably means the "elite", people like larry fink, bill gates and such, and their massive lobby organizations such as the WEF who are now powerful and rich enough to basically pick useful idiots to put as placeholders and do their dirty work (turdeau, ardern, marin, scott morrison etc)

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Aug 14 2022 08:39am
Gold: 1,453.85
Aug 14 2022 08:50am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 14 2022 02:31am)

But I never said these two things are related. What are you even on about.

Why makes you think some people in this thread are stupid?

This post was edited by JessiWan on Aug 14 2022 09:02am
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll