d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Could've Solved World Hunger
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 13 2022 02:31pm
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 13 2022 08:01pm)
No no and nope. I will ignore your comment about race and iq... :(

US spends 750 BILLION dollars per year in militaryand you complain about a telescope that will help us further understand our universe we live in. The same universe that we literally are made of.

We can only learn new things if we move further.

not the best idea to ignore race/iq differences, 20 years ago it was in all medical books along with all the research, and there is a LOT of it. for example you can find what remains of it even on mainstream sites like youtube, for example when jordan peterson says how ashkenazi jews have 1 SD higher iq than whites (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZasHG5EQPc). and while that information is correct, its not blacklisted because it is against whites and thats okay :wacko: but dare you say the same thing for whites vs blacks and you are getting kicked out faster than a fag from the army :mellow: i mean iq differences ofc exist within the same race as well, but race is one of the biggest natural predictors

i mean, i see that you mean well, but you can mean well without ignoring facts :blush: !

as for the military spending, yeah i agree thats a fuckload of money and not worth it, i dont have much to add to that. i was just saying its not a waste if we use SOME money for it, but yeah thats way too much :wacko:

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Aug 13 2022 02:33pm
Gold: 1,453.85
Aug 13 2022 07:39pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 13 2022 11:12am)
Thx! At least someone else instead of myself isnt a clueless, clownish hypocrite in here.

This thread just screams "no idea whats going on" more than any other thread I have read in a long time.

People are not being clueless or hypocrites just because they have different priorities than you do.

You think exploring the universe should be top priority, and he disagrees. Live with this and stop insulting others just for thinking differently than you do.
Aug 13 2022 07:44pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 14 2022 03:39am)
People are not being clueless or hypocrites just because they have different priorities than you do.

You think exploring the universe should be top priority, and he disagrees. Live with this and stop insulting others just for thinking differently than you do.

:hug:
Gold: 0.00
Aug 13 2022 08:54pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 13 2022 08:39pm)

Problem is when the person "thinking differently" is too ignorant to know how wifi connections work, yet thinks they are a pillar of intelligence and says stuff like "it's not worth it" without knowing A SINGLE THING ABOUT WHAT IT'S WORTH.

Perpetuating ignorant peoples will is exactly how we get to extinction.
Aug 13 2022 08:59pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 13 2022 07:54pm)
Problem is when the person "thinking differently" is too ignorant to know how wifi connections work, yet thinks they are a pillar of intelligence and says stuff like "it's not worth it" without knowing A SINGLE THING ABOUT WHAT IT'S WORTH.

Maybe he simply thinks having that telescope is not as important as solving hunger? This doesn't make him ignorant. It just means he has different priorities.

And maybe he thinks people like you will cause our extinction. You know, people who are so damn sure that they are right, they have zero reservation about insulting those who disagree.
Aug 13 2022 09:00pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 14 2022 04:54am)

people care about different things, every person in the world has many things he cares and doesnt care about :blush: for example i dont care much about tech and prefer stuff that has to do with living things ^_^

and its a telescope. thats all i need to know its not worth 10 bil

also if you are going for ad hominem attacks, at least ask me how much i benchpress or something that actually matters :zzz:
Aug 13 2022 09:23pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 14 2022 04:59am)
Maybe he simply thinks having that telescope is not as important as solving hunger? This doesn't make him ignorant. It just means he has different priorities.

And maybe he thinks people like you will cause our extinction. You know, people who are so damn sure that they are right, they have zero reservation about insulting those who disagree.

couldnt agree more :blush: ! it does seem that all those "pro science" guys in this topic (and in general) are throwing insults left and right, based on nothing but simple disagreement :unsure:

and yes i do think people like them will cause our extinction :cry: ! narcissistic midwits have infiltrated everything from academia to politics, so i do think bad times are coming!
Gold: 0.00
Aug 13 2022 09:47pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 13 2022 09:59pm)

The notion is what's wildly ignorant about it. Anyone ignorant enough to think 10 billion dollars would solve world hunger doesn't know what world hunger is.

Now child sit down and think about how silly it is to think "ignorant" is an insult.

Or go to the zoo and taunt the rhinos for not walking on 2 legs because "thinks different".
Aug 13 2022 09:52pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 13 2022 08:47pm)
The notion is what's wildly ignorant about it. Anyone ignorant enough to think 10 billion dollars would solve world hunger doesn't know what world hunger is.

He didn't say 10 billion dollars would solve world hunger. He says that solving world hunger should come before spending money on a telescope.

Now child sit down and think about how silly it is to think "ignorant" is an insult.

The way you used it, it is meant to cause offense.

Or go to the zoo and taunt the rhinos for not walking on 2 legs because "thinks different".

Lol, what do rhinos have to do with anything? Face it, you are incapable of understanding different points of view and you flame people for not thinking the same thing as you do.

Aug 13 2022 10:14pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 14 2022 05:47am)

if i had a dollar for every strawman in this topic, i would probably be able to buy that telescope by now :lol: so again, i never said "solve world hunger". i never even said "solving hunger", although i implied it because that would be way more doable, as 10 bil could help a lot of people in a lot of ways. even by just not taking 10 bil from taxpayer money for an overpriced telescope would help people afford more = be able to afford more food = help solving hunger

"ignorant" was probably an insult due to the way you said it, and "child" was definitely an insult due to you not knowing her age, so the conclusion is that you just wanted to be demeaning. the same about rhino comment which was just mean for absolutely no reason :wacko:

basically you just have to realize that people think differently about different things :blush: you should learn to deal with it, especially if something is literally a question of simple preference ^_^ you think the telescope is worth 10 bil. i disagree. thats all their is to it :zzz: so, the irony is that YOU are the one acting like a child. see, in this case it wasnt an insult :blush: anyway, what you should do is, disagree if you want, state the reason for it, and offer a different idea (or in this case, price you would consider the limit for the telescope)
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll