d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > This Has Been The Best Season So Far (d2lod Hc)^^
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,293.50
Jul 23 2022 09:16pm
Quote (Taurean @ Jul 24 2022 02:46am)
But you still save a lot of time as opposed to searching for the waypoints 6 more times

Now I am the one who is a bit confused.. So you don't play through the game 7 times, but you search for wps on 1 char and then join with 6 more chars, 1 by 1, to run through the prescouted map to get the wps?
My understanding (until now) was that you make a new game for every char and level each of them just by playing through the game
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 29 2022 10:59pm
Quote (Axel420 @ 24 Jul 2022 05:16)
Now I am the one who is a bit confused.. So you don't play through the game 7 times, but you search for wps on 1 char and then join with 6 more chars, 1 by 1, to run through the prescouted map to get the wps?
My understanding (until now) was that you make a new game for every char and level each of them just by playing through the game

You are correct in that, i don't play through everything in a linear line like that. But i still have to level the characters by grinding certain areas, because if you don't, they'll be too weak to wear gear and not have stats or skills to progress. It also saves time - i don't consider this cheating .... it takes long enough as it does ^^ I must have spent around 100 hours since reset.

Just coming up in hell mode now, struggling through act 1. Necro did good, bowa and trapsin too. Sorc did okay, low hp and resists, and 1 meat shield (merc) means you have to be extremely careful. Clever use of teleport, and static field+hydra+frozen orb makes progress possible.

So now it's over to the melee characters... druid has maxed bear and is using heart of wolverine + werewolf, feral rage and fury. With ribcracker, 1800 hp and 2 underlings, i can run in and engage when i feel it's safe.. deals pretty decent damage. This is probably the safest build of them all right now, maybe after the necromancer. Only problem with necro is low hit points and low cold resists, meaning the cold enchanted boss monsters can be deadly. Amazon got hit for 800 hit points which i consider a near ko-situation, which is then the third or fourth this season. Having some hit points means i can tank some hits, again meaning i can proc fade from treachery, increasing resists, switching to viper skin and increasing resists even further. This makes gameplay safer.

Really not looking forward to using the barbarian and especially the paladin ^^ Barb at least have high hit points and some resists.. Pala has 900 hit points and takes damage like crazy. Using ribcracker on him does very good damage, but means no shield and thus lower resists.. I may just have to rely on the merc, which deals big damage with max level fanaticism. Merc is still using honor runeword in ethereal partizan which has been tremendously helpful through entire nightmare .. treachery armor and stealskull helmet.

Progress is slower now .. let's hope i survive with every character ^^ Hoping for good boss drops, but andariel is very disappointing ^^ Chipped and normal gems along with magic and rare items ....
Gold: 20,000.69
Jul 30 2022 02:08am
wow amazing :)

gj
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 30 2022 05:19am
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 7 2022 12:30pm
Quote (yeawhatup @ 30 Jul 2022 10:08)
wow amazing :)

gj

Thanks old boy ^^

So the first tragedy occured .. assassin's dead, very stupid mistake. But it's one of those things that can be hard to predict, and very typical situations. Lost all the good caster gear... lots of life charms .. demon's limb to enchant merc.. just super sad all around.. and shocked and stunned ^^

Just going through act 2 hell, which of course is the worst act for running several separated characters since you have to get both the staff items for every character. I thought about walking to the gear pieces with the necromancer, then running to get it with the going character, since that is safer .. but i thought i'd try to walk with each, since they're all getting pretty good gear and wanting to learn to play with each, which keeps the game fun. It also feels a bit like cheating.

Did the necro first, no problems .. then paladin, merc is like a beast with fanaticism and actually managed to beat fangskin and his pack, which luckily spawned within the altar area... Then tried assassin, i wrote earlier that using death sentry feels like cheating, but honestly, surviving and progressing is hard enough as it is in hell mode, so i finally skilled it and lightning sentry.. that made progressing much easier..

Through maggot lair, those godd*mn scarab demons .. and also, there was a small lag situation. My merc, which i now used an act 5 merc with headstriker, treachery and stealskull, and the shadow master, went to engage a scarab demon boss pack They are off course lightning immune, so death sentry is ineffective until they die. I went back and forth a little to try to get the merc to engage. He did occasionally, and then i went back around the corner... however, i noticed my merc suddenly taking obscene amounts of damage, meaning the scarab demon boss had some insane modifiers.. merc dies in 3-4 hits. I was around the corner, so i thought i was safe... in addition to this, i was arguing with a friend over something else, so i was also distracted and frustrated... suddenly i see hit points dropping like crazy ^^ only having rejuv pots on slot 4, started desperately hitting numbers 1-4, but too late, died within 1 second. I was also not really prepared, using burst of speed instead of fade in a place where bos really isn't necessary to use. So i must have glitch/lagged when i was disengaging and ran past my merc... F*cking stupid game design....

So another lesson for hardcore is: Never play when frustrated or arguing with others; When you're distracted. And when switching from one character to another, which you haven't played for a while, play on a lower difficulty first to get used to the different mechanisms.

Incredibly stupid... losing a lot of good gear.. along with thundergod's vigor which i was looking forward to use in act 5 to survive black souls. Now i must continue with 6 characters and sub-par gear.. but that's part of the fun ^^ I won't quit until all the characters are dead. I also have a lot of good low-mid level gear so starting over with an assassin shouldn't be too time-consuming.. along with better experience.

Did also find ist rune yesterday, so that is a good solid find which i will be making a good runeword with soon enough.

This post was edited by Taurean on Aug 7 2022 12:34pm
Gold: 2,293.50
Aug 7 2022 03:36pm
Damn that sucks.. RIP assa
At least you got the ist rune, even if it's a very very small compensation for the lost char and items.
Starting the session by playing the char for a few min in nightmare or A1 hell seems like a good idea.

What levels are your chars right now?

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 11 2022 03:38am
well done =)
Gold: 6.37
Aug 11 2022 06:01am
Quote (Taurean @ Aug 7 2022 01:30pm)
Thanks old boy ^^

So the first tragedy occured .. assassin's dead, very stupid mistake. But it's one of those things that can be hard to predict, and very typical situations. Lost all the good caster gear... lots of life charms .. demon's limb to enchant merc.. just super sad all around.. and shocked and stunned ^^

Just going through act 2 hell, which of course is the worst act for running several separated characters since you have to get both the staff items for every character. I thought about walking to the gear pieces with the necromancer, then running to get it with the going character, since that is safer .. but i thought i'd try to walk with each, since they're all getting pretty good gear and wanting to learn to play with each, which keeps the game fun. It also feels a bit like cheating.

Did the necro first, no problems .. then paladin, merc is like a beast with fanaticism and actually managed to beat fangskin and his pack, which luckily spawned within the altar area... Then tried assassin, i wrote earlier that using death sentry feels like cheating, but honestly, surviving and progressing is hard enough as it is in hell mode, so i finally skilled it and lightning sentry.. that made progressing much easier..

Through maggot lair, those godd*mn scarab demons .. and also, there was a small lag situation. My merc, which i now used an act 5 merc with headstriker, treachery and stealskull, and the shadow master, went to engage a scarab demon boss pack They are off course lightning immune, so death sentry is ineffective until they die. I went back and forth a little to try to get the merc to engage. He did occasionally, and then i went back around the corner... however, i noticed my merc suddenly taking obscene amounts of damage, meaning the scarab demon boss had some insane modifiers.. merc dies in 3-4 hits. I was around the corner, so i thought i was safe... in addition to this, i was arguing with a friend over something else, so i was also distracted and frustrated... suddenly i see hit points dropping like crazy ^^ only having rejuv pots on slot 4, started desperately hitting numbers 1-4, but too late, died within 1 second. I was also not really prepared, using burst of speed instead of fade in a place where bos really isn't necessary to use. So i must have glitch/lagged when i was disengaging and ran past my merc... F*cking stupid game design....

So another lesson for hardcore is: Never play when frustrated or arguing with others; When you're distracted. And when switching from one character to another, which you haven't played for a while, play on a lower difficulty first to get used to the different mechanisms.

Incredibly stupid... losing a lot of good gear.. along with thundergod's vigor which i was looking forward to use in act 5 to survive black souls. Now i must continue with 6 characters and sub-par gear.. but that's part of the fun ^^ I won't quit until all the characters are dead. I also have a lot of good low-mid level gear so starting over with an assassin shouldn't be too time-consuming.. along with better experience.

Did also find ist rune yesterday, so that is a good solid find which i will be making a good runeword with soon enough.

I think the lesson on HC is if your merc dies you instant TP if possible or log off. If they can kill your merc they can kill you.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll