d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Ok So Im Looking To Getting Into It Plz Help
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33.44
Jul 27 2022 04:57pm
Thank you so much

PS your inbox is full my love or if that’s on purpose sorry lol
Gold: 22,951.70
Jul 28 2022 01:49pm
CompTIA certificates are only worth spending time on if you are going into a selective field, those most commonly are systems architect or systems security analysist. If you want to be a "programmer" - software developer. Then I recommend not bothering with such certificates. You should instead spend your time on figuring out what type of development you are interested in, do you want to work on things on the web? There is a web developer roadmap for you. Interested in developing mobile apps? There is a roadmap for mobile development (interesting to note that the web and mobile have become closer and closer in terms of development/compatibility recently). Maybe you want to work on desktop applications or integrated system applications. Maybe you are more interested in databases and not so much on building the applications that handle the "business logic" and functionality. Well there is a separate pathway for database engineers. The list goes on and on - but the take away here is that most "programmers" don't put a ton of weight on CompTIA certs.
Aug 7 2022 12:46pm
Quote (Road2Death @ Jul 28 2022 03:49pm)
CompTIA certificates are only worth spending time on if you are going into a selective field, those most commonly are systems architect or systems security analysist. If you want to be a "programmer" - software developer. Then I recommend not bothering with such certificates. You should instead spend your time on figuring out what type of development you are interested in, do you want to work on things on the web? There is a web developer roadmap for you. Interested in developing mobile apps? There is a roadmap for mobile development (interesting to note that the web and mobile have become closer and closer in terms of development/compatibility recently). Maybe you want to work on desktop applications or integrated system applications. Maybe you are more interested in databases and not so much on building the applications that handle the "business logic" and functionality. Well there is a separate pathway for database engineers. The list goes on and on - but the take away here is that most "programmers" don't put a ton of weight on CompTIA certs.

i want to eventually work with cloud
Gold: 22,951.70
Aug 7 2022 01:40pm
Quote (JAYPiN @ Aug 7 2022 02:46pm)
i want to eventually work with cloud

Okay but that doesn't mean anything by itself. "Cloud technology" is just a buzz-word for a service that is off-prem.

Why do you want to work on cloud technology?

What sort of work do you want to do that involves cloud technologies?

I cannot begin to tell you how many people I have seen in a similar position as yours. People who have heard buzz-words of the industry and attach grandioso fantasies to them because they met someone at a job hiring convention with a title like "Principal Cloud Solutions Architect".
Aug 7 2022 03:21pm
Quote (Road2Death @ Aug 7 2022 12:40pm)
Okay but that doesn't mean anything by itself. "Cloud technology" is just a buzz-word for a service that is off-prem.

Why do you want to work on cloud technology?

What sort of work do you want to do that involves cloud technologies?

I cannot begin to tell you how many people I have seen in a similar position as yours. People who have heard buzz-words of the industry and attach grandioso fantasies to them because they met someone at a job hiring convention with a title like "Principal Cloud Solutions Architect".

ummm well i dont think i could get clearance for cyber security i got caught with 10 lbs of weed when i was like 17 and they charged me as an adult and ive tried hiring a lawyer twice to get it expunged its been 14 years later with no police involvement and i doubt ill get clearance at a good job . networking seems like what everyone wants to do . i want to go for something that's going to be hot in the future coming & that i could possibly work remote and raise a kid. i doubt theylll ever go back to having people work in huge buildings again after covid hitting andf them realizing they dont have to deal with all that overhead on electricity rent etc. what do you think i should go for ?? i rather go a way that the information i consume and everything i learn would give me a variety of jobs i could be hired for because u can always be specific about 1 thing and learn to hate it etc.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll