d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > How To Disable A Smart Tv From Being "smart"
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Jul 2 2022 07:36pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jul 2 2022 08:28pm)
why no sense? i mean im bad with these things so technically it could make zero sense, but logically its fine :blush:

and honestly i dont care to learn even the basics about smart tvs, it wasnt my idea to buy the damn thing and i wont even use it :zzz:

so yes! i appreciate the help :blush: !

This isn't a smart TV specific issue. This is just understanding the basics of wifi passwords. You will definitely use it.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 2 2022 07:40pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jul 3 2022 03:36am)
This isn't a smart TV specific issue. This is just understanding the basics of wifi passwords. You will definitely use it.

fine <_<

but ive honestly never used any wifi related thing that i know of, even my internet uses cables :wacko:
Gold: 0.00
Jul 4 2022 11:18am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jul 2 2022 08:40pm)
fine <_<

but ive honestly never used any wifi related thing that i know of, even my internet uses cables :wacko:

Time to learn about something that has been commonplace for 15 years.

You should stop calling it "paranoia" and start calling it "fear" because your lack of knowledge makes you fear the unknown for no reason.
Jul 4 2022 11:23am
Quote (Subwoofer @ Jul 4 2022 07:18pm)
Time to learn about something that has been commonplace for 15 years.

You should stop calling it "paranoia" and start calling it "fear" because your lack of knowledge makes you fear the unknown for no reason.

i couldnt disagree more that there is no reason. smart tvs can and do spy on people so being paranoid is completely justified -_-

also theres some distinction between paranoia and fear and i used the correct term :blush:
Gold: 0.00
Jul 4 2022 12:37pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jul 4 2022 12:23pm)
i couldnt disagree more that there is no reason. smart tvs can and do spy on people so being paranoid is completely justified -_-

also theres some distinction between paranoia and fear and i used the correct term :blush:

It's fear. You're ignorance of common technology makes you scared of it.

You are on the same level as a kid going "is it hot?" about a stove.

Learn how these technologies work and you can solve your fear of being spied on. It's as simple as that.
Jul 4 2022 03:10pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Jul 4 2022 08:37pm)
It's fear. You're ignorance of common technology makes you scared of it.

You are on the same level as a kid going "is it hot?" about a stove.

Learn how these technologies work and you can solve your fear of being spied on. It's as simple as that.

again, fear is not the correct term <_< there is nothing of value to steal in my home and whatever anyone can catch me doing, most people do anyway. so this is not fear. i simply value my privacy and dont want to be spied on, its a completely normal thing and i dont see why you are trying to make it look like weird or sick :unsure:

also i am proud of my ignorance of certain "common technology". i will never use tiktok or become a zombie mindlessly watching my phone all day, and i am proud about that :blush: and while i agree its good to know about it so i could know how to deal with it when i have to, in this case it was faster to simply ask here <_<

anyway, for the 10th time, i got my answer, i dont really care to talk about this anymore :blush:

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Jul 4 2022 03:11pm
Gold: 260.11
Jul 5 2022 12:46am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jul 4 2022 04:10pm)
again, fear is not the correct term <_< there is nothing of value to steal in my home and whatever anyone can catch me doing, most people do anyway. so this is not fear. i simply value my privacy and dont want to be spied on, its a completely normal thing and i dont see why you are trying to make it look like weird or sick :unsure:

also i am proud of my ignorance of certain "common technology". i will never use tiktok or become a zombie mindlessly watching my phone all day, and i am proud about that :blush: and while i agree its good to know about it so i could know how to deal with it when i have to, in this case it was faster to simply ask here <_<

anyway, for the 10th time, i got my answer, i dont really care to talk about this anymore :blush:

So you think not understanding the absolute basics of technology makes you better because you don't use tiktok.

Interesting. Why do you have a need to feel superior?
Jul 5 2022 06:33am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jul 5 2022 08:46am)
So you think not understanding the absolute basics of technology makes you better because you don't use tiktok.

Interesting. Why do you have a need to feel superior?

well i wouldnt say im superior in general, i dont believe in that. we all have good and bad things about us :blush: !

but for tiktok in particular, i dont really have any *need* to feel superior, i was just proudly stating the fact that i am ^_^ like i dont need to feel superior that i can run 100m under 12sec, but if you say you cant, i might happily state the fact that i am superior to you when it comes to that specific thing :unsure:
Gold: 80,239.69
Jul 5 2022 07:02pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jul 2 2022 10:02am)
apparently you cant buy a normal tv anymore due to the fact that your data sells well so smart tvs have much better pricing :wacko: but since i have the burning desire of my tv JUST BEING A FUCKING TV ( :fume: ), i was wondering if anyone could help me disable privacy infringing issues. like, i want the damn thing fully disconnected from the internet at the router level or whatever you do these days :wacko: any tip helps, ty men :blush: !

monetaur demons, the ones from the bi-bull, they inhabit all monitors even if they are turned off. They exist as vessels for the spiritual world. So everytime you look into a monitor a visor demon is looking into you and ensnaring assuming you are not utilizing protective mechanisms
Gold: 159,248.46
Jul 10 2022 11:56am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jul 2 2022 01:02pm)
apparently you cant buy a normal tv anymore due to the fact that your data sells well so smart tvs have much better pricing :wacko: but since i have the burning desire of my tv JUST BEING A FUCKING TV ( :fume: ), i was wondering if anyone could help me disable privacy infringing issues. like, i want the damn thing fully disconnected from the internet at the router level or whatever you do these days :wacko: any tip helps, ty men :blush: !

I'm confused.... The obvious way to take a "Smart TV" and turn it dumb is simply by not connecting it to the internet. I've never once connected any of my tvs to the internet for this exact reason. Alternatively, if you have time and effort to spend, just set a firewall between your home network and your router, see where the TV is connecting to, and anything that isn't Netflix, Hulu etc, just drop those packets and it'll never send data anywhere except Netflix, Hulu etc.

This post was edited by Gala32 on Jul 10 2022 11:57am
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll