d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Hardcore Druid Need Halp
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 27 2022 10:57am
Just leveled the druid to 31, used skill reset quest. Had focused on fissure and grizzly and wanted to take a laidback route and approach. Fizzure tends to do low and unreliable damage. The grizzly is low level still and does low damage. Merc is the only one doing some damage.

So i reskilled to hurricane, grizzly and werewolf. Also using heart of wolverine. Now i find out that hurricane has a low duration and must be recast, while you can't cast spells in werewolf form. Being in front dealing damage helps a little bit, but having to use a shield for resists means i can't use two handed weapons, so while i hit fast, deals low damage.

What is the next step here to get the flow going a bit better? It seems as if i had focused on skilling fissure to 20, it would deal better damage, but still mediocre and unreliable. Focusing only on werewolf and feral+fury may be the best option? While also having grizzly?

Seems to me like the elemental tree is underpowered in early game.. although fissure has been the main damaging skill through normal.

Gear as of now is angelic armor, amulet, weapon
Nagel
Vidala boots/Gorefoot
Rest are decent rare items.

How do people skill their druids when leveling solo? Mind it's hardcore.
Jun 27 2022 04:39pm
Bump
Gold: 157,599.69
Jun 27 2022 09:51pm
Use Tornado and hurricane.

Use the bear as a distraction, and keep casting it to keep enemies at distance. Very effective in boss killing too. (Spawn bear near boss, cast nado, re-cast bear to keep boss aggro on it)

For higher survivability, oak sage and cyclone armor are your friends. You don't have to max out damage for tornado right away.

Prioritize resists and if possible, go for the 99fcr/99fhr breakpoints (spirit sword is great for both).

Melee druids are heavily gear reliant and puts you at much higher risk of dying than being an elemental druid.

This post was edited by Rws on Jun 27 2022 09:59pm
Jun 28 2022 05:30am
Quote (Rws @ 28 Jun 2022 05:51)
Use Tornado and hurricane.

Use the bear as a distraction, and keep casting it to keep enemies at distance. Very effective in boss killing too. (Spawn bear near boss, cast nado, re-cast bear to keep boss aggro on it)

For higher survivability, oak sage and cyclone armor are your friends. You don't have to max out damage for tornado right away.

Prioritize resists and if possible, go for the 99fcr/99fhr breakpoints (spirit sword is great for both).

Melee druids are heavily gear reliant and puts you at much higher risk of dying than being an elemental druid.

Thanks, that worked better. It's slow and hard to use but it does deal adequate damage. Thanks for answering.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll