d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Us' Espionage Act Of 1917
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 80,239.69
Jun 24 2022 07:23pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Jun 24 2022 05:49pm)
Hi, I was reading up on Snowden in wikipedia, and I saw something interesting. The articles says:

~~~
Snowden's legal representative, Jesselyn Radack, wrote that "the Espionage Act effectively hinders a person from defending himself before a jury in an open court." She said that the "arcane World War I law" was never meant to prosecute whistleblowers, but rather spies who betrayed their trust by selling secrets to enemies for profit. Non-profit betrayals were not considered.
~~~

I just want to get some opinion on this. Is the act outdated? Is it really being used to prosecute whistleblowers? What is the act to you? Do you think Snowden should be found guilty under it?

Lets discuss.

they can use the patriot to prevent you from ever having judge or court, and a judge can flat out deny you the right to see a court. It's really now just a network of kangaroos doing w.e. tthey want under the guise of the law.
Never rely on the law, rely on being able to leverage a situation so you make it not worth their time to pursue you, that may involve legal understanding. Real talk but true.

Gold: 35,445.24
Warn: 10%
Jun 24 2022 07:24pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Jun 24 2022 08:20pm)
Don't they also tap landlines?

I'm sure they can get into most things.
But you can make it harder on them.
No smart phone.
No wireless internet.
Have lots of security on a hardline pc.
etc.
Jun 24 2022 07:27pm
Quote (sirthom @ Jun 24 2022 06:24pm)
I'm sure they can get into most things.
But you can make it harder on them.
No smart phone.
No wireless internet.
Have lots of security on a hardline pc.
etc.

if you want to test all the theories i've talked about in here and realize just how true they are, i encourage any1 to try that test:
no phone, no computer, no car(unless pre chip), no internet while also actively avoiding these things / going off grid and relying on nature, sunlight, etc.

That's how you truly get "woke" imo.

Gold: 1,453.85
Jun 24 2022 07:28pm
Quote (lodd222 @ Jun 24 2022 06:27pm)
if you want to test all the theories i've talked about in here and realize just how true they are, i encourage any1 to try that test:
no phone, no computer, no car(unless pre chip), no internet while also actively avoiding these things / going off grid and relying on nature, sunlight, etc.

I am on your side, and the stuff you mention makes sense. However, how do we stay connected with like-minded individuals?

This post was edited by JessiWan on Jun 24 2022 07:30pm
Gold: 35,445.24
Warn: 10%
Jun 24 2022 07:29pm
Quote (lodd222 @ Jun 24 2022 08:27pm)

I went on a 2 week unplug last month.
loved it.
Gold: 6,376.70
Jun 24 2022 07:42pm
I believe we'd have a difficult time getting to Snowden. He's been granted permanent residence in Russia, and he may have already been granted citizenship. They'll never extradite him, so questions regarding him aren't important.

On the flipside, this Administration has been actively keeping people imprisoned in solitary confinement for over a year and a half, without any charges or bail, for... Not sure. Trespassing? Something. Expecting laws to make a difference in a Presidency marked by the political prosecution and targeting of opposition seems rather naïve.

That being said, working for the CIA, NSA, FBI, or any other federal intelligence/enforcement agency and revealing the crooked, illegal, and horrible shit they do is a one way ticket to places you don't want to be. He knew what he was doing, he knew he would be subject to a military court, he knew he wouldn't be able to present a true defense. That's why he went to Russia. They don't give a shit about the US's habit of eating it's own people when they disobey. Russia has it's own rules, and Snowden hasn't violated them... Yet.
Gold: 1,453.85
Jun 24 2022 07:45pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jun 24 2022 06:42pm)
I believe we'd have a difficult time getting to Snowden. He's been granted permanent residence in Russia, and he may have already been granted citizenship. They'll never extradite him, so questions regarding him aren't important.

On the flipside, this Administration has been actively keeping people imprisoned in solitary confinement for over a year and a half, without any charges or bail, for... Not sure. Trespassing? Something. Expecting laws to make a difference in a Presidency marked by the political prosecution and targeting of opposition seems rather naïve.

That being said, working for the CIA, NSA, FBI, or any other federal intelligence/enforcement agency and revealing the crooked, illegal, and horrible shit they do is a one way ticket to places you don't want to be. He knew what he was doing, he knew he would be subject to a military court, he knew he wouldn't be able to present a true defense. That's why he went to Russia. They don't give a shit about the US's habit of eating it's own people when they disobey. Russia has it's own rules, and Snowden hasn't violated them... Yet.

I agree with the rest completely, but why would he be subject to a military court? He was a civilian when all that stuff happened.
Gold: 6,376.70
Jun 24 2022 07:52pm
Quote (JessiWan @ 24 Jun 2022 18:45)
I agree with the rest completely, but why would he be subject to a military court? He was a civilian when all that stuff happened.

You may be correct. I may be confusing two different cases on the military court. I know that the Act prevents him from presenting most of his defense at a trial, and I believe it is likely to prevent a jury trial as well. I may have twisted him with someone else on the Military Court, but maybe not. It could apply to someone working at the NSA, same as the CIA.

Either way, it's irrelevant. Even back in 2016 they were predicting he'd die in Moscow, as we can't get to him without inciting active war vs Russia. Though we're so close to that now, why not just go all the way? Then Snowden could be taken out too, afterall.
Jun 24 2022 08:15pm
Quote (sirthom @ Jun 24 2022 06:29pm)
I went on a 2 week unplug last month.
loved it.

i did 2+ years on and off multiple times, had to figure out their system every so often.

Quote (JessiWan @ Jun 24 2022 06:28pm)
I am on your side, and the stuff you mention makes sense. However, how do we stay connected with like-minded individuals?

Once you do it youll see who you need to connect to if any, its mostly going to be solo undertaking, recalibrating your true self w/ your body in order to know thyself again.
I actually wouldn't recommend doing it w/o talking to someone else who has done it so you can prepare. because alot has changed in the past 10 years.

it's something comparable to being frodo in LOTR, you're exiting the matrix so to speak and seeing(perceiving) w/ your pineal gland perhaps for the 1st time.

This post was edited by lodd222 on Jun 24 2022 08:16pm
Gold: 222.69
Jun 26 2022 05:22pm
Quote (lodd222 @ Jun 25 2022 10:15am)
i did 2+ years on and off multiple times, had to figure out their system every so often.

Once you do it youll see who you need to connect to if any, its mostly going to be solo undertaking, recalibrating your true self w/ your body in order to know thyself again.
I actually wouldn't recommend doing it w/o talking to someone else who has done it so you can prepare. because alot has changed in the past 10 years.

it's something comparable to being frodo in LOTR, you're exiting the matrix so to speak and seeing(perceiving) w/ your pineal gland perhaps for the 1st time.

All the tech closes your gland? Inform us what are the benefits specifically?

This post was edited by Tarisus on Jun 26 2022 05:23pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll