d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Budget Summoner Merc Setup In 2.4
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,322.19
Jun 24 2022 09:01am
I was thinking of making a summon necro in HC and noticed something interesting. You can have a gg merc at level 55 with the new requirements for runewords in spear. You can make obedience in an eth mancatcher with very low requirements on merc. Give him guilli (socketed with a 15ias jewel), treachery and you have got a 4.5fpa hitting terminator with 75%CB, 90% FHR and sick dps. All you need to do is to surround him with summons and give him life tap from time to time.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Jun 24 2022 09:03am
Gold: 24,288.00
Jun 24 2022 03:52pm
Never really played like this.

Life tap means you are giving up additional 100% dmg (amp). And the merc doesn’t really die anyway with all the skeletons nearby.

Insight is a good QoL because CE costs a lot of mana. And it kills the first mob fast enough, imho.

Obedience has cold dmg also which will shatter a corpse from time to time.

And with gface and treachery he won’t have life leech either.

Endgame infinity is best.

I guess the setup you are describing can be killing diablo & baal quicker than insight & vgaze.

This post was edited by kayko on Jun 24 2022 03:57pm
Gold: 1,404.00
Jun 24 2022 09:53pm
Who cares about giving ur mercy cold dmg for shatter all you do is enter Anya portal and get 20 summons at the start of every game. All the dead on the ground count as corpses so u just summon a full army. This is exactly the merc setup I had for my 94 hc necro. I could never afford enigma or infinity or though. Btw you just make an insight iron golem with cheap polearm and runes. It rarely dies.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2022 09:57pm
Quote (ferret8569 @ Jun 24 2022 10:53pm)
Who cares about giving ur mercy cold dmg for shatter all you do is enter Anya portal and get 20 summons at the start of every game. All the dead on the ground count as corpses so u just summon a full army. This is exactly the merc setup I had for my 94 hc necro. I could never afford enigma or infinity or though. Btw you just make an insight iron golem with cheap polearm and runes. It rarely dies.

I was today years old when I learned about anya portal summons. Making a Nec when I get off work.
Gold: 8.00
Jun 24 2022 10:24pm
Would honestly rather Stealskull than gface for budget. Atleast your merc will survive that way

This post was edited by LBproz on Jun 24 2022 10:24pm
Gold: 665.00
Jun 24 2022 11:11pm
Quote (ferret8569 @ Jun 24 2022 10:53pm)

Shattered corpses means no CE. Thats why I was really disappointed in a pride merc. I thought it would be a solid choice but he shattered everything, very frustrating.

Obedience isn't that bad though, I actually prefer it unless I have infinity.
Gold: 665.00
Jun 24 2022 11:14pm
I'd swap g face for a LL helm. Vamp gaze is lv41 so no problem there. Even one with 5% would be a better choice. With a fast weapon there's no need for 75% CB. That way you can use amp or decrep.
Gold: 1,404.00
Jun 24 2022 11:44pm
At least for me the gface made a huge difference on my merc. You walk to hell Baal and get thru his minions no problem with corpse explode, then when u face Baal himself I went from a 6 minutes kill to like less than 1 minute when I just let my merc face tank with gface. The crushing blow made a big difference. I did not have enigma or tele staff or Amy at that time.
Gold: 10,720.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 25 2022 12:48am
Lv 96 Summoner here

Guili 15ias jewel or cham
Obedience / infinity
Treachery / Fort

self wield beast axe for merc ias bps

this is the best combo for cb and he will rip 8p chaos
he barely loses life with all the skeletons and if he does just cast lifetap, so most of the time you'll still be using amp so that doesn't change anything

for cold shatter it wouldn't be too big of a deal, it only shatters 1-3 corpses in 10 kills and only if he does the killing blow, which you'll have skeleton warriors to cover that so maybe only a couple shatters but yeah, infinity is the best for lowering enemey defense

baal and dibbles will die really fast due to high cb and thats your only source of big damage for merc so gface is essential

Tl;dr
75% CB is king
Gface is king
Obedience/Infinity for cb
Only Lifetap if hes low
Use amp or decrep for bosses
Insight iron golem if u want mana
Pride golem if you're bALLer

This post was edited by HK21 on Jun 25 2022 12:50am
Gold: 13,322.19
Jun 25 2022 02:31am
Quote (kayko @ Jun 24 2022 11:52pm)
Never really played like this.

Life tap means you are giving up additional 100% dmg (amp). And the merc doesn’t really die anyway with all the skeletons nearby.

Insight is a good QoL because CE costs a lot of mana. And it kills the first mob fast enough, imho.

Obedience has cold dmg also which will shatter a corpse from time to time.

And with gface and treachery he won’t have life leech either.

Endgame infinity is best.

I guess the setup you are describing can be killing diablo & baal quicker than insight & vgaze.

Let's dissect:
1. You rarely cast life tap because he rarely is in danger. 99% of time, amp is up.
2. Insight can be made in ab iron golem, problem?
3. Obedience doesn't freeze target like pride so not really a problem. You don't need that many corpses for a CE chain.
4. Again, for a summoner who can cast life tap anytime leeching isn't a problem.
5. We aren't talking about endgame but budget. Infinity is of course BiS but that obedience combo is VERY strong. Guili makes s huge difference damage wise with 15% DS, 35% cb and 30%fhr. Fhr animation is a big problem fir act 2 merc. The budget killer combo doesn't have any fhr lock problems.
Quote (HK21 @ Jun 25 2022 08:48am)
Lv 96 Summoner here

Guili 15ias jewel or cham
Obedience / infinity
Treachery / Fort

self wield beast axe for merc ias bps

this is the best combo for cb and he will rip 8p chaos
he barely loses life with all the skeletons and if he does just cast lifetap, so most of the time you'll still be using amp so that doesn't change anything

for cold shatter it wouldn't be too big of a deal, it only shatters 1-3 corpses in 10 kills and only if he does the killing blow, which you'll have skeleton warriors to cover that so maybe only a couple shatters but yeah, infinity is the best for lowering enemey defense

baal and dibbles will die really fast due to high cb and thats your only source of big damage for merc so gface is essential

Tl;dr
75% CB is king
Gface is king
Obedience/Infinity for cb
Only Lifetap if hes low
Use amp or decrep for bosses
Insight iron golem if u want mana
Pride golem if you're bALLer

An actual summoner here proving the point. Now imagine, mancatcher obedience can be actually be worn at lvl55 by the merc then you have your BiS setup until infinity. He applies DS/CB at 4.5fpa.
Quote (Glock23cj @ Jun 25 2022 07:14am)
I'd swap g face for a LL helm. Vamp gaze is lv41 so no problem there. Even one with 5% would be a better choice. With a fast weapon there's no need for 75% CB. That way you can use amp or decrep.

Noob multi spotted..

This post was edited by babun1024 on Jun 25 2022 02:37am
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll