d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Dobbs V Jackson
12335Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 24 2022 08:13am
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf

Roe v Wade and Casey have been officially overruled, with the ruling in Dobbs v Jackson now in
Protests outside the Supreme Court are already underway

"Held: The Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey
are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the
people and their elected representatives. Pp. 8–79."

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jun 24 2022 08:15am
Gold: 2,094.99
Jun 24 2022 08:22am
Gold: 57.00
Jun 24 2022 08:26am
Gold: 13,059.06
Jun 24 2022 08:29am
Well, I'm here for the inevitable tears. :banana:
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 24 2022 08:35am
This should put more pressure on Democrats to seek to legalize abortion at a federal level and override the states. Laws like the senate's Women’s Health Protection Act.
So far Democrats have done nothing but idle posturing and wishlist bills. They have made no attempt at forcing the issue, no legal maneuvers, no horse trading, no pressure campaigns, no holding up the budget or threatening to shut down the government. Because so far this issue has been something they could put off and kick the can on. Well now its a real issue in play and abortion will be illegal in half the country. Because that half of the country votes democratically to make abortion illegal, and hold the political clout to prevent federal abortion legislation so far. At a minimum, it can drive democrats to campaign for congressmen and women to get the support necessary to pass a federal abortion law. They could embrace the inverse-blue-dogs, Democrats who embrace populist libertarian principles on economic and social issues and vote against the progressives on other policies, but agree on abortion.
Gold: 466.99
Jun 24 2022 08:43am
Leftists on suicide watch

If anyone needs to mine tears, sorted by new: https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/vjpfbh/supreme_court_overturns_roe_v_wade_states_can_ban/?sort=new

Enjoy

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Jun 24 2022 08:45am
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 24 2022 08:47am
abortion will now be a state's rights issue and ignored at the federal level to take the place of covid restrictions or lackthereof.

red states point to the cOmMuNiSt laws in blue states to drum up support, blue states point to the moronic lack of restrictions in red states to drum up votes.

same goes for school education laws, both use the other's state laws to rile up the base. the senate and congress are as close to a ceremonial body as they've ever been in my estimation. even in the utter failure of the days abolition where both sides failed to do much to prevent conflict there wasn't this much inaction. we had ineffectual compromises which failed to rectify the core issue or find common ground, but congress has been nothing but a show court since the flop that was obamacare.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 24 2022 08:47am
Gold: 57.00
Jun 24 2022 08:47am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 24 Jun 2022 10:43)
Leftists on suicide watch

If anyone needs to mine tears, sorted by new: https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/vjpfbh/supreme_court_overturns_roe_v_wade_states_can_ban/?sort=new

Enjoy

im sure it’s a healthy mix of stuff like this:

‘My eyes are literally bloodshot red from crying for the last hour, and I just threw up from the stress. I can't believe we lost again. The president sexually assaults people, the Republican in Montana bodyslams people, this bitch in Georgia refuses to let women with breast cancer get treatment, the Supreme Court is literally a reich-wing controlled group now, the president is going to put Chelsea Manning back in prison, unions are no longer allowed to exist, that hero leaker Reality Winner is in federal jail, and now Drumpf is going to have the Supreme Court declare anything that isn’t orange unconstitutional. And the worst part is people still vote for them! It's happening. We are in 1930s Nazi Germany combined with 1940s Facist Italy and 1960s Soviet Russia. We must resist.

Fuck you Barnie Sanders! Fuck you for running as a democrat. you are an Independent, run as that and stay out of my primary. Fuck you for not stepping aside when it was clear you were not going to get the nomination. I don't fucking want hear anything about the DNC, I don't fucking care anymore. Fuck you for splitting the vote and handing the presidency to a know nothing, thin skinned, racist, homophobic, sexist, demagogue, autocratic, fascist whiny little bitch. Fuck you and your Barnie or bust crowd. You sold out this country. Now that little bitch in the White House gets to appoint a second Justice to the Supreme Court. Quick aside, Fuck you Mitch McConnell. So goodbye gay rights, safe abortions, universal suffrage, civil rights. Fuck you Justice Kennedy, you don't get to just quit. You are a Supreme Court Justice and as such are the last check we have against runaway authoritarianism, and you want to retire? NO! You don't get to watch the rise of American fascism and concentration camps for kids and think too yourself " I should spend more time with the family". Fuck you, you irresponsible traitor.’
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 24 2022 08:54am
look at all the incels and taliban celebrating this setback to women's rights.

just shows i was right all along: those conservative justices all lied when they stressed the importance of precedence, and they were clearly picked to overturn roe v wade. it was so obvious too, religious bigots gonna bigot.

america is quickly turning into a christian-fundamentalist oligarchy. what a shithole country, lol.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2022 08:54am
in b4 leftist idiots start pretending child abortion is outlawed

e/ oops too late

This post was edited by HeLiCaL on Jun 24 2022 08:55am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12335Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll