d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Cheesehead Memorial Game 2022
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Jun 24 2022 03:34am
Hey Everyone,

Made an account on here last year after John, who most of you knew as cheesehead passed away. Anyways, before he passed, he and I made a deal to visit a different stadium every year. We started at Lambeau, and then didn’t get to see a game in 2020. Unfortunately, we never had the chance in 2021. Last year, at his funeral, we decided that we were going to keep the tradition going and went to a game in Minnesota sporting jerseys with his name and the day he passed away. I also went to a game with some friends at lambeau sporting t shirts over our jackets. This year, we are traveling to DC to check out the Packers vs Commanders (still feels weird typing it) game. If anyone is in the area or wants to meet up with I few of his buddies in real life feel free to reach out. We can’t begin to thank you all enough for your outpouring of support over the last year. Hope you’re all well and excited for football season, I know John is.

This post was edited by Omni7911 on Jun 24 2022 03:35am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2022 04:33am
RIP my boy John, but I think we played dota together a couple of times (refering to you)
I am fairly close to DC and my brother is a Packers fan, I will shoot him a text here shortly and see if he wants to go to that game, he's never been to a Packers game afaik.

This post was edited by straightedgerevenge on Jun 24 2022 04:34am
Gold: 28,753.00
Jun 24 2022 07:14am
Nice tribute. Enjoy the game and let me know when you come to Paul Brown.
Gold: 26,932.12
Jun 24 2022 02:03pm
:thumbsup: cool stuff
Gold: 60,065.34
Jun 24 2022 03:20pm
hell yeah I'll smoke to that
Gold: 3.00
Jun 24 2022 11:16pm
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ Jun 24 2022 05:33am)
RIP my boy John, but I think we played dota together a couple of times (refering to you)
I am fairly close to DC and my brother is a Packers fan, I will shoot him a text here shortly and see if he wants to go to that game, he's never been to a Packers game afaik.

I still play Dota from time to time. One thing I haven’t been able to give up. Nah few of our good friends still hop on from time to time. If you guys go, DM me and I’ll send you my cell! Would love to meet up!
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2022 11:48pm
Thanks for this tribute, I didn’t know John too well besides playing fantasy with him, he was a great part of the jsp community though glad to see you doing something in his memory, a good reminder to us all that tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.
Gold: 39,837.69
Jun 27 2022 12:51pm
Quote (Omni7911 @ Jun 24 2022 04:34am)
Hey Everyone,

Made an account on here last year after John, who most of you knew as cheesehead passed away. Anyways, before he passed, he and I made a deal to visit a different stadium every year. We started at Lambeau, and then didn’t get to see a game in 2020. Unfortunately, we never had the chance in 2021. Last year, at his funeral, we decided that we were going to keep the tradition going and went to a game in Minnesota sporting jerseys with his name and the day he passed away. I also went to a game with some friends at lambeau sporting t shirts over our jackets. This year, we are traveling to DC to check out the Packers vs Commanders (still feels weird typing it) game. If anyone is in the area or wants to meet up with I few of his buddies in real life feel free to reach out. We can’t begin to thank you all enough for your outpouring of support over the last year. Hope you’re all well and excited for football season, I know John is.

👌👍🤗
Gold: 1,250.00
Jun 27 2022 06:29pm
Quote (Omni7911 @ Jun 24 2022 05:34am)
Hey Everyone,

Much love brother! I am the one who came to visit John from Michigan and we went to a concert, and I stayed in the hotel there in Milwaukee that Jess was working at. We were planning on going to the Metal Tour of the Year so he could see In Flames and Trivium. I had Guinness in his seat, it sucks that we will never be able to go to another event with John, but you carrying on the tradition of him meeting JSP people is cool in my book!
This was us after he and Pete taught me about bar dice!
https://imgur.com/Xzjhduj

This post was edited by SheriffCool on Jun 27 2022 06:31pm
Gold: 20,023.46
Jun 28 2022 11:18am
Quote (Omni7911 @ Jun 24 2022 05:34am)
Hey Everyone,

This is a cool idea, I'd be down to go.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll