d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Need Hc Assassin Advice Please.
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,005.00
Jun 24 2022 08:27pm
um'd stormshield is a no-brainer in HC and for that reason magefist >trangs because you already have a ton of cold resist from stormshield.

If choosing FCR gloves then you need 2 ias jewels. Either 2 in helmet or put one in stormshield if you have enough resists. You can use ias+all/fire/light resists jewels. IAS+Light resist are pretty cheap.

This post was edited by Kansu on Jun 24 2022 08:30pm
Gold: 7,913.00
Jun 24 2022 08:32pm
Quote (Kansu @ Jun 24 2022 08:24pm)
whats your inventory? Theres a lot I would change as stated in my other post, especially plague > hoto, aldurs > treks, 3/10 amy > maras

I should have phrased that differently. Is there anything I can change without buying some super expensive assassin gear like the circlet / plauge etc. Cause at this point I'm not totally sure I want to sink a bunch of fg into this character. Most of the gear she's using is stuff I already had from my other builds with the exception of the CTA which I didn't mind making cause I needed one anyway.

I will get a stormshield and aldurs right now and I can use SS in one more level.

My inventory right now I don't have a ton of stuff atm.

20/14/10 Anni
2 trap skillers
1 15@ gc
And a few 3frw with Mana or res.
Jun 24 2022 08:43pm
Quote (Slawrencerep @ Jun 24 2022 10:32pm)
I should have phrased that differently. Is there anything I can change without buying some super expensive assassin gear like the circlet / plauge etc. Cause at this point I'm not totally sure I want to sink a bunch of fg into this character. Most of the gear she's using is stuff I already had from my other builds with the exception of the CTA which I didn't mind making cause I needed one anyway.

I will get a stormshield and aldurs right now and I can use SS in one more level.

My inventory right now I don't have a ton of stuff atm.

20/14/10 Anni
2 trap skillers
1 15@ gc
And a few 3frw with Mana or res.

Well yeah once you have Stormshield, Tgods and Aldurs, the rest doesn't really matter. It's just optimization depending on what you need and your budget.
In order of priority:
Plague is only a Cham rune so its not very expensive. 3os Runic Talons /Greater Talons with 3 LS is like 100 fg. It's night and day in terms of survivability. In HC, the scariest things are Curses (Lower Resist, Amp and Decrep) and Conviction. Since we're covering for Conviction with extra resists, Cleanse aura makes us basically invincible (don't get overconfident tho). And if you play in party they will love you. It's a unique perk of assassin which is nice. And it would boost your trap laying speed by a lot.
Infinity ?
Skillers for more damage.
You might want some mana on the FCR ring slot.
Then the circlet and IAS/resists jewels to reach max IAS.
FCR amy

This post was edited by Kansu on Jun 24 2022 08:48pm
Jun 24 2022 08:49pm
Quote (Kansu @ Jun 24 2022 08:43pm)
Well yeah once you have Stormshield, Tgods and Aldurs, the rest doesn't really matter. It's just optimization depending on what you need and your budget.
In order of priority:
Plague is only a Cham rune so its not very expensive. 3os Runic Talons /Greater Talons with 3 LS is like 100 fg. It's night and day in terms of survivability. In HC, the scariest things are Curses and Conviction. Since we're covering for Conviction with extra resists, Cleanse aura makes us basically invincible. And if you play in party they will love you.
Infinity ?
Skillers for more damage.
You might want some mana on the FCR ring slot.
Then the circlet and IAS/resists jewels to reach max IAS.

Cool thank you again for taking the time to help me. For some reason I was thinking plauge had jah in it maybe I was thinking of chaos? Idk. Anyway yah you're right Cham + a 100fg base isn't bad at all I can do that. And I'll check what other fcr rings I have and see if I have something with Mana I think I do. I don't have infinity and probably won't make one just due to the cost and the fact we're already halfway through ladder. Idk if I really end up liking assassin I might get one later we'll see. And I'm looking for some more skillers rn would you get ones with life or fhr or is plain ok?
Jun 24 2022 08:56pm
Quote (Slawrencerep @ Jun 24 2022 10:49pm)
Cool thank you again for taking the time to help me. For some reason I was thinking plauge had jah in it maybe I was thinking of chaos? Idk. Anyway yah you're right Cham + a 100fg base isn't bad at all I can do that. And I'll check what other fcr rings I have and see if I have something with Mana I think I do. I don't have infinity and probably won't make one just due to the cost and the fact we're already halfway through ladder. Idk if I really end up liking assassin I might get one later we'll see. And I'm looking for some more skillers rn would you get ones with life or fhr or is plain ok?

Infinity boosts your damage by like 4x (idk maths but it feels like 4x), so keep that in mind during testing. Traps don't benefit from -light res items, so infinity and +skills is the only way to improve damage. (And lower res wand). Especially on high light resist monsters like Baal. It also improves the merc's damage by a lot especially on bosses (crushing blow).

But without infinity run insight so you don't have to worry about mana. Tombs and Duriel are a breeze without infinity. Baal takes a while. Don't bother killing Spectral Wraiths they're light immunes and high fire resist, just walk past.

For skillers well more life is always good to have in HC. FHR useless afaik.

This post was edited by Kansu on Jun 24 2022 08:58pm
Jun 24 2022 09:05pm
Quote (Slawrencerep @ Jun 24 2022 10:49pm)

use Fade not BoS. Fade = resists and DR and reduce curse duration = gg

BoS for bosses

This post was edited by Kansu on Jun 24 2022 09:06pm
Jun 25 2022 01:33am
Quote (Kansu @ Jun 24 2022 09:05pm)
use Fade not BoS. Fade = resists and DR and reduce curse duration = gg

BoS for bosses

I will definitely try out fade instead for the DR and curses. I just picked up a +2 / 16 aura plague feral claw for 200 so that was cool. Gonna try it out now.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll