d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Need Hc Assassin Advice Please.
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,913.00
Jun 24 2022 02:35pm
Quote (matgreek111 @ Jun 24 2022 02:28pm)
Phoinix assa is very difficult on hc.ignore targets defence is crucial for her.combine phoinix with dragon claw it got a good boost in 2.4.
Its been years maybe more than 10 that i made one.if u get lucky with a good rare claw that has 2 assa3 phoinix be my guest make one 😎she needs a lot of skills in the equipment similar to a trapsin.
But lets say ur doing chaos runs are u gonna go melee to lord de seis or infector getting the Phoenix charges?builds like that work for guys that have 2 account with a high lvl bo barb etc.
U dont have to go all in for kicksin
Just max dragon talon while beeing primarily a trapper.
When u get to 85 lvl just use an azurath and nothing will be immune to u . Untill then u can use any fast weapon with crushing blow.
Lawbringer works too but works against deth sentry.plus u ll leech from the drakuls even from undead monsters.
Its a cool busy playstyle. While your traps do the majority of killing u can kick single out monsters for leeching.
Just dont try to kick extra strong extra fast frenzytaurus while amplified.
Right now i m hooked in a blade furysin i found a good rare eth cruel small crescent and she kills very fast. I switch to azurath for immunes. Shes very tanky with forti and storm.

That sounds really cool I think I may end up doing that later on though after I'm more familiar with playing assassin. For now I've decided to stick with trapsin and I'm just getting my gear together right now. I'm using icy veins gear guide which includes the following. If you have any recommendations besides this please let me know. ( I will put d/h next to the things I don't have yet )

Main -Hoto (d/h) / 35fcr spirit Mon
Offhand - CTA (d/h) and 35fcr spirit Mon
Enigma archon Plate
Arachnids mesh (d/h)
2x soj or BK wedding band (d/h)
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Sandstorm treks ( have 15/15 already)
Trangs gloves
Shako

Please let me know what you think of that gear set up.

Thanks!!!
Gold: 1,000.00
Jun 24 2022 03:45pm
Cloak of shadows is op
Gold: 10.00
Jun 24 2022 04:31pm
Quote (Slawrencerep @ Jun 24 2022 04:35pm)
That sounds really cool I think I may end up doing that later on though after I'm more familiar with playing assassin. For now I've decided to stick with trapsin and I'm just getting my gear together right now. I'm using icy veins gear guide which includes the following. If you have any recommendations besides this please let me know. ( I will put d/h next to the things I don't have yet )

Main -Hoto (d/h) / 35fcr spirit Mon
Offhand - CTA (d/h) and 35fcr spirit Mon
Enigma archon Plate
Arachnids mesh (d/h)
2x soj or BK wedding band (d/h)
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Sandstorm treks ( have 15/15 already)
Trangs gloves
Shako

Please let me know what you think of that gear set up.

Thanks!!!

Terrible generic build even for softcore.
U end up with equipment that costs 5-6 hrs and a couple of simple non conviction souls can kill u.
No block u get hit all the time.a few seconds of lag and ur done.
My build would be shako or good tiara with 30 fast run and a bunch of resists and 20+ str
Enigma in a mage plate
Thundergods belt ravenfrost cast rate resist strength ring
Trangouls gloves shadowdancers boots stormshield with um
Wizardspike storm again on weapon swap for when u like to tele
2 assa 20 fcr resists amulet
U can cham the shako and use another fcr ring with stats resists so u have the 105 fcr bp on tele side.
That build is for pure traps and u ll need at least 18 fhr from charms
One skiller with 12 and two sc with 5.
Aim to have 40 over stack resists before fade and use fade in chaos and baalruns.
Main weapon should be a greater talon with 2 assa 3 ls and 40 ias and u put 15 ias 15 all resist jewels in it or 7fhr 15 all or some crazy rare jewel.
If u decide to make her with dual claws just make sure ur weapon block is near 60% and max fade. In that case a plague claw would be nice for the cleansing aura.
Jun 24 2022 04:45pm
Quote (matgreek111 @ Jun 24 2022 04:31pm)
U end up with equipment that costs 5-6 hrs and a couple of simple non conviction souls can kill u.
My build would be shako or good tiara with 30 fast run and a bunch of resists and 20+ str
Enigma in a mage plate
U can cham the shako and use another fcr ring with stats resists so u have the 105 fcr bp on tele side.
Aim to have 40 over stack resists before fade and use fade in chaos and baalruns.
Main weapon should be a greater talon with 2 assa 3 ls and 40 ias and u put 15 ias 15 all resist jewels in it or 7fhr 15 all or some crazy rare jewel.
If u decide to make her with dual claws just make sure ur weapon block is near 60% and max fade. In that case a plague claw would be nice for the cleansing aura.

Ok cool thanks for taking the time to write all this for me I really appreciate it. I actually had dual hotos on my barb and already had the Archon enigma so not going to make another mp one with rune prices so high for now. I did end up making a CTA which I needed anyway for another build and got a 3/5/1 so I'm happy with that. I'll be looking for a claw to buy I had about 80 unid rare ones but didn't find anything good in them. For now here's what I have going on.

Main - hoto / 35 fcr Mon ( will probably switch to SS when lvl 73)
Offhand - 3/5/1 CTA flail and another spirit monarch
Enigma in 14ed AP
Shako
15/15 treks
Raven
10fcr / Mana leech / all res ring
Trangs gloves
Thundergods Vigor
27@ maras.

The only things I had to buy for this was the CTA and Trang gloves so not too bad. Definitely was a big improvement from what I was using, I'm 72 now so will be able to use my SS and torch soon and I'll be on the lookout for a good claw.

Thanks again !

This post was edited by Slawrencerep on Jun 24 2022 04:51pm
Jun 24 2022 04:49pm
Quote (matgreek111 @ Jun 24 2022 04:31pm)
Enigma in a mage plate

Oh, one more thing, I do have an assin circlet that I could use instead of shako if you think it would be better.

+1 Assassin
20fcr
+9 all res
+18 strength
Gold: 10.00
Jun 24 2022 04:56pm
If u can reach the 65fcr or 102 while wearing it yes.
Shako is difficult to take off cause with tele mind blast light sentry your mana without shako is going to be a big problem.
That circlet is almost there just not enough for end game.
Its cool for the str as a temporary
Gold: 13,335.00
Jun 24 2022 07:20pm
if you're just playing a trapsin..

Str: Just enough for Gear
Dex: Mac block if you're using SS
Vita: all left points go here

Enigma is going to be your main armor..
claw trap sins are expensive and probably don't want to shell thousands of FG for claws.

Get a Hoto + Stormshield (You could also build spirit but less survival) 40 FCR
Helm Shako (life and dr and skills obvs)
Belt - arachnids +1 skill / 20 FCR
Gloves - Trangs Gloves (Cold res is nice) 20% FCR
Boots - Aldurs / Hotspurs / WT's honestly its your call
Rings: 1 x +20 Dex Raven / 1 x 10% FCR with Life / mana / dex / res basically pick any of those as priority stats
Amulet: maras or alternatively if you're going for 102% FCR a +2 sin / 12% FCR crafted amulet which can be costly.

charms enough trap lifers and res / fhr SC's to balance out your toon.

Honestly claw sins are expensive and if you don't have the money for +6 ls with ias claws there's truly no point. You're much better off just using Burst of speed and laying traps with a hoto flail than anything else.

anything past NM you have to go lightning.. doesn't matter fires still shit in hell. also do not use griffons as it shows as it does dmg on tool tip but does not actually applly to traps.

This post was edited by Puddlez69 on Jun 24 2022 07:21pm
Gold: 1,005.00
Jun 24 2022 08:01pm
Assassin was my first HC char and she never ever died. Highly recommend that class. Here's my build that I would say is most likely the best build for HC. Assassin's best farming spot is Baal, or Tombs while you are too weak for Baals. Arcane Sanctuary as well. All of those can be farmed without infinity (max fire blast for light immunes. Death sentry can be maxed later.) but obviously it speeds things up by a lot. My build is optimized for Solo Baal/Worldstone Keep with very low risk. Works in every area though.

FCR is only useful if you have enigma. I personally didn't go out of my way to get FCR. Getting 27 FCR from amy+Circlet is enough for me. Could also swap IAS gloves for FCR gloves and add 1 fcr ring for 65 FCR.

Assassin mostly needs IAS for laying traps faster (especially important without infinity for casting fire blast much faster). For max attack speed, you need Phase Blade or Runic/Greater Talons and 42 IAS. So if you use Plague which gives 20 IAS, you will need a jewel and 10-20 IAS gloves.

For resists, I like to stack them without Fade besides poison resist (75/75/85/x). So Fade partially counteracts Conviction.

BUILD:
2sin/3trap FCR Circlet. Ideally 2 socket circlet so you can have 1 jewel and 1 cham rune, and swap out Ravenfrost. BiS a rare 2os circlet with resists/life/mf.
Enigma

+5 LS Plague Greater/Runic Talons - Incredible runeword for HC Baal/Chaos, alonside Fade makes you practically immune to curses. Other option would be magic/rare claws with +5/6 LS and IAS, but they're very rare and tbh plague is just way better in HC considering Amp curse is the main danger of this build and Decrepify slows down your trap laying speed. Be careful it can roll +1 or +2 skill. Next best is Spirit PB (for attack speed + FCR), Wizpike or Hoto. The 2 last give more FCR and resists but will lay traps slower, which IMO is very bad, since fire blast does a ton of damage on bosses which are the bottleneck of Baal trap sin. Plague's Cleanse is just way better anyway.

Stormshield - Wouldn't recommend dual claw. Rhyme if you don't have SS yet.

Tgods - A must in HC, especially for WSK/Baal.

Ravenfrost/SoJ/BK/Dwarf Star/Rare ring - Cannot be frozen is a MUST. I like SoJ for the mana, although Dwarf gives nice fire absorb. Rare ring could give str/dex/life/resists if needed.

3 Traps/10 fcr or other FCR amy or Maras - 7-19 FCR needed depending on your build. 3/10 is best, once you have all the gear you don't need anything else and +1 trap is nice.

IAS Gloves/Magefist - IAS gloves can be Bloodfist, Sander's or Rare ones. Magefists are nice for the +1 fire skills.

Aldurs Boots - best boots ever, Fire resist, Life, 40 FRW.

Switch: CTA/Spirit

Merc:
Andy Cham'd
Fortitude
Infinity

Skills: I only put 1 point in Fade, rest goes to Lightning Sentry and synergies. Max out Fire Blast before Death Sentry. Shadow Warrior is ok but always dead so I don't put points in it in endgame. Shadow Master bad cause of random mind blast conversions. I have tried mind blast, its ok but not worth the points endgame. I never needed to use it after getting the core defensive items (stormshield, tgods, aldurs). Mind Blast + Shadow Warrior is however very useful for walkthrough and exploring places you are not used to.

This post was edited by Kansu on Jun 24 2022 08:18pm
Jun 24 2022 08:19pm
Quote (Kansu @ Jun 24 2022 08:01pm)
Assassin was my first HC char and she never died. Highly recommend that class. Here's my build that I would say is probably the best build for HC. Assassin's best farming spot is Baal, or Tombs while you are too weak for Baals. Arcane Sanctuary as well. All of those can be farmed without infinity (max fire blast for light immunes. Death sentry can be maxed later.) but obviously it speeds things up by a lot. My build is optimized for Solo Baal/Worldstone Keep with very low risk. Works in every area though.

FCR is only useful if you have enigma. I personally didn't go out of my way to get FCR. Getting 27 FCR from amy+Circlet is enough for me. Could also swap IAS gloves for FCR gloves and add 1 fcr ring for 65 FCR.

Assassin mostly needs IAS for laying traps faster (especially important without infinity for casting fire blast much faster). For max attack speed, you need Phase Blade or Runic/Greater Talons and 42 IAS. So if you use Plague which gives 20 IAS, you will need a jewel and 10-20 IAS gloves.

For resists, I like to stack them without Fade besides poison resist (75/75/85/x). So Fade counteracts Conviction.

2sin/3trap FCR Circlet with 15 IAS jewel. Ideally 2 socket circlet so you can have 1 jewel and 1 cham rune, and swap out Ravenfrost. BiS a rare 2os circlet with resists/life/mf.
Enigma/Arkaine's Um'd - Arkaine is budget enigma
+5 LS Plague Greater/Runic Talons - Incredible runeword for HC Baal/Chaos, alonside Fade makes you practically immune to curses. Other option would be magic/rare claws with +5/6 LS and IAS, but they're very rare and tbh plague is just way better in HC considering Amp curse is the main danger of this build and Decrepify slows down your trap laying speed. Be careful it can roll +1 or +2 skill. Next best is Spirit PB (for IAS + FCR), Wizpike or Hoto.
Stormshield - Wouldn't recommend dual claw. Rhyme if you don't have SS yet.
Tgods - A must in HC, especially for WSK/Baal.
Ravenfrost/SoJ/BK/Dwarf Star/Rare ring - Cannot be frozen is a MUST. I like SoJ for the mana, although Dwarf gives nice fire absorb. Rare ring could give str/dex/life/resists if needed.
FCR Amy or Maras - 7-19 FCR needed depending on your build.
IAS Gloves/Trangs/Magefist - IAS gloves can be Bloodfist, Sander's or Rare ones.
Aldurs Boots - best boots ever, Fire resist, Life, 40 FRW.

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. Here's what I'm currently using for gear now the original post isn't correct anymore. I only started assassin yesterday so still getting used to it for sure.

Current gear-

Main - 40@ hoto / 35 fcr Mon ( will probably switch to SS when lvl 73)
Offhand - 3/5/1 CTA flail and another 35 spirit monarch
Enigma in 14ed AP / 1369 defense
Shako
15/15 treks
Ring #1- Ravenfrost
Ring #2 -10fcr / 65 AR / 20 strength/ 15 stamina / 4@ / MDR 1
Trangs gloves
Thundergods Vigor
27@ maras.

Current stats / breakpoints

75% faster hit recovery
105% faster cast rate
50% ias (from burst of speed which I basically always use)
All resistances are maxed without fade

Aside from stormshield (which I can't quite use) and a nice assassin circlet that I don't have is there any other changes you would make?

Thanks!

Gold: 1,005.00
Jun 24 2022 08:24pm
Quote (Slawrencerep @ Jun 24 2022 10:19pm)
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. Here's what I'm currently using for gear now the original post isn't correct anymore. I only started assassin yesterday so still getting used to it for sure.

Current gear-

Main - 40@ hoto / 35 fcr Mon ( will probably switch to SS when lvl 73)
Offhand - 3/5/1 CTA flail and another 35 spirit monarch
Enigma in 14ed AP / 1369 defense
Shako
15/15 treks
Ring #1- Ravenfrost
Ring #2 -10fcr / 65 AR / 20 strength/ 15 stamina / 4@ / MDR 1
Trangs gloves
Thundergods Vigor
27@ maras.

Current stats / breakpoints

75% faster hit recovery
105% faster cast rate
50% ias (from burst of speed which I basically always use)
All resistances are maxed without fade

Aside from stormshield (which I can't quite use) and a nice assassin circlet that I don't have is there any other changes you would make?

Thanks!

whats your inventory? Theres a lot I would change as stated in my other post, especially plague > hoto, aldurs > treks, 3/10 amy > maras
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll