d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo 4 Trading
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.82
Warn: 60%
Jul 7 2022 05:46pm
no trade at all actually seems like the best idea to me
considering what happens with free trade it does become pay to win one way or another
no trade at all or account bound items is the only way i can see to keep it legit
but they will have a cosmetic shop at the very least so they are already going down the wrong path
unless they have some kind of in game currency that cannot be brought or sold in any way? much like a built in jsp but without the option of buying gold?
even so if items are able to be "donated" dropped or traded then there will always be an under the table pay to win system

This post was edited by B00MAN on Jul 7 2022 05:52pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2022 12:10am
I can almost without a doubt say, free trade, is going to never be back again. Causes way too much RWT issues. If they allowed trading again, I honestly will be shocked beyond disbelief. Its probably the absolutely most effective counter for RWT.
Jul 17 2022 12:21am
Quote (Soul Snatcha @ Jul 17 2022 06:10pm)
I can almost without a doubt say, free trade, is going to never be back again. Causes way too much RWT issues. If they allowed trading again, I honestly will be shocked beyond disbelief. Its probably the absolutely most effective counter for RWT.

ok so trading is out the window
what about chat? seems like they purposefully dont code the chat properly so people cant really communicate
maybe to avoid a whole bunch of drama or legal problems? dont know, but these kinda things kill the game real fast
Jul 17 2022 01:34am
Quote (B00MAN @ Jul 17 2022 01:21am)
ok so trading is out the window
what about chat? seems like they purposefully dont code the chat properly so people cant really communicate
maybe to avoid a whole bunch of drama or legal problems? dont know, but these kinda things kill the game real fast

Chat should just have the profanity filter and stop catering to the snowflakes that hit the report button when they're losing a verbal argument and scream "omg he offended me!'
Jul 17 2022 02:08am
Quote (Soul Snatcha @ Jul 17 2022 07:34pm)
Chat should just have the profanity filter and stop catering to the snowflakes that hit the report button when they're losing a verbal argument and scream "omg he offended me!'

i fully agree, I've played other games recently that have an optional chat filter toggle in the menu.. pretty simple
i dont think the snowflakes are the problem though i think blizzard is just scared of what people could say and how they could be liable or responsible in some way
also they would have to ban alot more people. too much work for them
Banned
Gold: 1,338.00
Warn: 40%
Jul 17 2022 07:52am
Quote (B00MAN @ Jul 17 2022 04:08am)
i fully agree, I've played other games recently that have an optional chat filter toggle in the menu.. pretty simple
i dont think the snowflakes are the problem though i think blizzard is just scared of what people could say and how they could be liable or responsible in some way
also they would have to ban alot more people. too much work for them

this t b h
Jul 17 2022 02:29pm
Quote (OneGuy @ Jun 22 2022 06:34pm)
I HIGHLY doubt we see trading again, After the headaches it gave Blizzard with Diablo 2, This website (which I love btw), spam bots advertising pay to buy items, botters becoming a MASSIVE issue, it's very unlikely we see trading again from a Blizzard game. That's' why they took it away in D3. I wouldn't be surprised though to see some kind of money grab like Diablo Immortal has in it. Maybe to a lesser extent but I bet it will be there.

This is exactly how blizzard ruins their games. D4 is going to suck beyond your first time playing through. Just like Diablo 3
Gold: 75.00
Jul 20 2022 10:54am
Quote (B00MAN @ Jul 7 2022 04:46pm)
no trade at all actually seems like the best idea to me
considering what happens with free trade it does become pay to win one way or another
no trade at all or account bound items is the only way i can see to keep it legit
but they will have a cosmetic shop at the very least so they are already going down the wrong path
unless they have some kind of in game currency that cannot be brought or sold in any way? much like a built in jsp but without the option of buying gold?
even so if items are able to be "donated" dropped or traded then there will always be an under the table pay to win system

There's zero way to keep it legit.

Removing trade for the sake of a "fair" game is a losers mentality.

There's going to be leaderboards/Achievments which means people are still going to bot to get ahead or pay for services to get ahead.

Removing the economy at best gives you Diablo 3.

A bad game nobody is going to play.

You want an economy and a sense of community in an ARPG or it's just going to be just the flavor of the week and people are going to buy it and play it for 40 hours then never pick it back up.
Jul 20 2022 12:45pm
Diablo 4 needs trading, otherwise the game will be dead really fast. Diablo 3 also started to suck super hard once they removed trading
Gold: 32,115.00
Aug 6 2022 10:10pm
Quote (Acuity @ Jul 20 2022 11:54am)
There's zero way to keep it legit.

Removing trade for the sake of a "fair" game is a losers mentality.

There's going to be leaderboards/Achievments which means people are still going to bot to get ahead or pay for services to get ahead.

Removing the economy at best gives you Diablo 3.

A bad game nobody is going to play.

You want an economy and a sense of community in an ARPG or it's just going to be just the flavor of the week and people are going to buy it and play it for 40 hours then never pick it back up.

The biggest problem though, is how do you have an economy when everyone bots the rare items, and pays cash for them. they really need to crack down harder and faster on bots. Like it should be a ban within 24 hours of being detects. Not waiting 1-3 months for a ban wave.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll