d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > D2r Pvp - Vt Or Mage
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.11
Jun 21 2022 10:41pm
Hey Folks,

I’ve played every Paladin pvp variation possible and continue to fall back to mage as I feel it’s the most well rounded character. I used to go heavier on hammer damage; however, with 2.4 I’m maxed foh with the rest in hammers. I have been crushing with him; however, there’s something a little more challenging (especially playing solely on console nowadays) when going VT. I’m thinking about respec’n to VT again and going max foh damage, holyshield, then rest into smite. The problem I get with this VT are toons with pets like druids, which I know how to counter but not by GM rules at least (mass lifetap gear). Anyways, looking for your thoughts on the Mage vs VT right now. What’s meta? Again, I think mage is best just because if you need to play less aggressive you can bait people into hammers, where VT you don’t have that option, and on console, it’s much more challenging to teleatono smite.
Gold: 1,211.01
Jun 22 2022 01:45am
Lifetap is gm except vs melee and smite vs smite so tap all u want
Gold: 1,629.01
Jun 22 2022 02:08am
Quote (KRR @ Jun 22 2022 08:45am)
Lifetap is gm except vs melee and smite vs smite so tap all u want

Unless you play in a tournament where it's legal vs barb for some reason (yes that happens).

VT is great, Spirit > Exile for 99% of matchups for the 75% FCR breakpoint.

Magedin with hammers/foh is a great build, a top-tier sidegrade from standard hammer build and does better than pure hamms in a lot of matchups.

Skill always comes first get used to namelocks and teleing around opponents to hit hammers (hammers come out on top), once you feel comfortable try out smite for stun then foh to trigger hitstun.

Pressure > smite > Foh > stomp > Kill.

Hotspurs are allowed vs Fire sorcs but only if you are a pure hammer build, otherwise 80/20 rule applies and you can use a single dwarf star.

Ensure you have a max DR setup in stash at all times for any BvC/Smiter matchups, on LOD I enjoyed a 125 fcr setup vs sorcs for an easier time chasing :)

86% FHR is extremely easy to hit on a paladin with just a Spirit/Coa, literally hit from having a single 5 fhr SC for the 86% BP there is no excuse for having below this BP.
Gold: 1,211.01
Jun 22 2022 02:14am
Quote (thegodishere @ Jun 21 2022 10:08pm)
Unless you play in a tournament where it's legal vs barb for some reason (yes that happens).

VT is great, Spirit > Exile for 99% of matchups for the 75% FCR breakpoint.

Magedin with hammers/foh is a great build, a top-tier sidegrade from standard hammer build and does better than pure hamms in a lot of matchups.

Skill always comes first get used to namelocks and teleing around opponents to hit hammers (hammers come out on top), once you feel comfortable try out smite for stun then foh to trigger hitstun.

Pressure > smite > Foh > stomp > Kill.

Hotspurs are allowed vs Fire sorcs but only if you are a pure hammer build, otherwise 80/20 rule applies and you can use a single dwarf star.

Ensure you have a max DR setup in stash at all times for any BvC/Smiter matchups, on LOD I enjoyed a 125 fcr setup vs sorcs for an easier time chasing :)

86% FHR is extremely easy to hit on a paladin with just a Spirit/Coa, literally hit from having a single 5 fhr SC for the 86% BP there is no excuse for having below this BP.

Fhr doesn’t matter anymore. Can walk through mb, leap, fireballs, nados as if nothing is hitting you
Gold: 1,629.01
Jun 22 2022 02:26am
Quote (KRR @ Jun 22 2022 09:14am)
Fhr doesn’t matter anymore. Can walk through mb, leap, fireballs, nados as if nothing is hitting you

You're still put into hitstun on the first hit :)

Example would be a Wind druid vs Trap sin, Many attacks hitting gives you a brief window to tele out.

Your FHR still determines how quickly you can move after being put into hitstun (invincibility) before you can teleport out, in this case with a trap assassin multiple traps targeting you can still hit within a 1-2 frame window (1-2 breakpoints).

In LOD you had WSG as a form of counterplay to this, in D2R this has been replaced by this change to hitstun immunity but FHR still does have it's place.

Probably one of the most extreme examples but if it means being hit 1-2 times less that means on average two of the same battles in the same matchup but with 48 fhr vs 99 fhr it could mean up to 1-2 less hits per interaction.

This is how I've gathered it anyway, open to discussion as I am sure there are people who have analysed the 2.4 changes much more than I have :)

This post was edited by thegodishere on Jun 22 2022 02:26am
Gold: 2,378.00
Jun 22 2022 02:54am
Quote (thegodishere @ Jun 22 2022 10:26am)

Example would be a Wind druid vs Trap sin, Many attacks hitting gives you a brief window to tele out.

Your FHR still determines how quickly you can move after being put into hitstun (invincibility) before you can teleport out, in this case with a trap assassin multiple traps targeting you can still hit within a 1-2 frame window (1-2 breakpoints).

In LOD you had WSG as a form of counterplay to this, in D2R this has been replaced by this change to hitstun immunity but FHR still does have it's place.

Probably one of the most extreme examples but if it means being hit 1-2 times less that means on average two of the same battles in the same matchup but with 48 fhr vs 99 fhr it could mean up to 1-2 less hits per interaction.

This is how I've gathered it anyway, open to discussion as I am sure there are people who have analysed the 2.4 changes much more than I have :)

This. Fhr still important
Gold: 4,169.00
Jun 22 2022 04:01am
Quote (thegodishere @ Jun 22 2022 04:26pm)

So as like Ele dru still need 99fhr in PvP ? or I just can substitute my 2os Nado pelt (Shael’ Shael’) for 2 Pruby to gain more HP?
Gold: 2,378.00
Jun 22 2022 04:03am
Quote (Rhythmic3734 @ Jun 22 2022 12:01pm)
So as like Ele dru still need 99fhr in PvP ? or I just can substitute my 2os Nado pelt (Shael’ Shael’) for 2 Pruby to gain more HP?

Go 99
Gold: 3,217.90
Jun 22 2022 04:36am
people who call sorc mage should get banned from jsp
Gold: 1,110.00
Jun 22 2022 04:40am
Smite is nerfed as it dont stun properly anymore.
I would do mage then.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll