d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Looking Developers For Our Game!
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23,633.37
Trader: Trusted
Jun 20 2022 02:41pm

Hello everyone!

Do you like action and adventure games? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team creating games such as Elden Ring, Dark souls, Zelda, Horizon or Ghost of Tsushima? So have we!

Four Moons - Tales of Occi is under early development stage. But it is already a promising, beautifully crafted and designed game concept. The foundation has been laid out and now we are looking for you to go even further! Together we will create a world full of wonders.

A few words from our founder:
“My name is Leo and I am the Founder of the Four Moons saga. I started my career as a Concept Artist 7 years ago and have been creating character and creature concepts commissions for the last two years.

2015 I started writing a story about a fantasy world, the planet Zileia. There is where your story begins, you play the character Occi. Occi is tied to the world around him and the world is constantly being changed by its moons. You have to adapt and overcome as these mechanics shape the world and its mechanics.”

If you decide to join us, you will be part of a growing team of talented artists, engineers and developers! Join now to shape the core of the Four Moons project!

The team
Art Director and Founder
Project manager
Story writers
Game designers
Level designers
Environment artists
3D artists
Sound designers
Music composers
Concept artists
Programmers/tech
Web development team
UI designers

What we are looking for

We are expanding the team, but as we are a zero-budget group, we cannot offer any payment and so the expectations follow; we cannot expect anything from anyone.

Artists

There are parts of this world that are already dreamed up, designed and modeled. But most of the world is still only a story. Come help us shape the world. We need 2D and 3D artists to help us with everything from Concept Art to Rigging and Animation.

We are still looking for these specific talents:

Concept Art - Character and Environment
Level Design
3D-Modeling
Rigging
Animation
UX/UI

Programmers

We are still looking for more Programmers and other tech-savy people to join our team. We are going to build the game in Unreal Engine 5. So if you have experience in Unreal 5 and want to try out a leadership role then you are welcome to join! The same is true if you have little experience and want to learn. We want to be able to facilitate an experience that you can grow from!

Music and sound design

The founder himself is a music composer, and have a pretty solid vision in what the sound design could look like, therefore there will be very helpful and supportive measures throughout the process. The sound design leader would be your first contact, however.

We are looking for both composers, and sound effect designers.

Writers

We are looking for narrative and lore designers. A base story has been fleshed out, with beginning, end and main characters. World design and development will be handled together with the art team.

Please feel free to PM me for more info!

This post was edited by 037 on Jun 21 2022 01:42am
Gold: 6.69
Jul 1 2022 02:53pm
"...we cannot offer any payment ..."
^ priceless. :hail:
Gold: 80.38
Jul 1 2022 03:53pm
Pretty interesting idea but your t&c are a bit lacking heh
Jul 1 2022 06:12pm
Quote (jalapenos @ Jul 1 2022 10:53pm)
"...we cannot offer any payment ..."
^ priceless. :hail:

Quote (PeanutButterPrincess @ Jul 1 2022 11:53pm)
Pretty interesting idea but your t&c are a bit lacking heh

Yeah well it's a pretty great experience for those who want to build a portfolio and if the game takes off royalties will obviously be payed out.

We're already around 30 developers working on the game, everyone for free, who is passionate about the project. Literally no issues. If you're not interested, then you're not :P
Gold: Locked
Jul 2 2022 03:31pm
Quote (037 @ Jul 1 2022 08:12pm)
Yeah well it's a pretty great experience for those who want to build a portfolio and if the game takes off royalties will obviously be payed out.

We're already around 30 developers working on the game, everyone for free, who is passionate about the project. Literally no issues. If you're not interested, then you're not :P

Some ppl dont understand the grind and want the easy way in life. Goodluck on your project. Is there a website to follow this game? Seems cool.
Gold: 50.69
Jul 2 2022 04:45pm
Quote (037 @ Jul 2 2022 01:12am)

Hey, I'm Interested in how the royalties would work if it took off, can you pm me? Would also like more details surrounding the game, just so I know what sort of quality we're going for ^_^

I work in big tech, though don't have any unreal engine experience but do have experience in OOP and working in large codebases and I figure most of the development will be in c++ so that'd be fine.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jul 2 2022 08:41pm
I have a family member who might be interested in checking this out.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 3 2022 02:13am
Good luck Leo <3
Gold: 60,500.00
Jul 3 2022 04:14pm
Always exciting with new projects, but unless the team has some serious experience, I’d recommend trying to start small, as in scale down as much as you can while still having the essentials for an MVP.

Would be cool to see your progress on jira/trello or whatever else you may use! :)

This post was edited by Orvar on Jul 3 2022 04:16pm
Jul 4 2022 01:57am
Quote (Orvar @ Jul 4 2022 12:14am)
Always exciting with new projects, but unless the team has some serious experience, I’d recommend trying to start small, as in scale down as much as you can while still having the essentials for an MVP.

Would be cool to see your progress on jira/trello or whatever else you may use! :)

Some do, some don’t!

Trial and error. Most experienced devs have gotten to where they are by failing and adapting, why should we do different ;)

Some of us have 10+ years in the industry, some are students, some recently graduated. In the end it’s about learning and adding to your portfolio. We don’t want to make a smaller project because we all do that on the side :thumbsup:
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll