d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Do You Like Ancient Egypt?
Prev123410Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 23 2022 04:28pm
Quote (Crason @ Jun 23 2022 06:02pm)
Im with you there- If i had a dollar for every video ive watched about the Great Pyramids, The Sphinx, and Easter Island id be rich!

I recognize this video I believe i watched it a few years ago. I am re-watching now, but recognize most the info. There is something truly magnificent about the Pyramids and the Sphinx, they make you feel so small and are a strong example of the capabilities of ancient cultures.

Here are two really dope videos regarding the transport of the statues at Easter Island, showing a very simple way of achieving something everyone once thought impossible, given their repertoire of primitive tools.
I believe Occam'z razor comes into play here, when you hear hoof-beats, think horses not zebras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5YR0uqPAI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvvES47OdmY

There are 2 youtube videos, only one let me put the video itself in text^

first of all, i must say those are very cute videos :wub: ! second but equally important fact we should all observe, is that the walking statue from the 2nd video looks like kripparian :mellow: i mean just look at it :lol: as it was walking towards me, i was thinking when it would say "hi guys hows it going kripparian here"

okay comment time :blush: ! so umm i dont really know why science feels the need to try to discard a conspiracy theory by "outconspiracying" it so to say. i mean not many people say its aliens, although those people are the most visible yes. most of the people dont really mind the way how the statues were moved, but some other things are weird, like positioning of the places through the continents or the same megalithic structure which is...too precise for its time :wacko: theres actually a purpose to it! the megalithic structures seem to have been created to be highly resistant to earthquakes :unsure: basically those things suggest global society over multiple continents. so i dont really understand how its not even accepted as a POSSIBILITY that humans simply had an advanced civilization at that time, that could have done it :unsure: the way its discarded is what upsets me, i dont like the fauci way of discarding a theory: "im the science and i say this and you are a retard if you disagree". i want actual evidence why not an intercontinental human civilization at that time :wacko:

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Jun 23 2022 04:30pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 23 2022 05:23pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ 23 Jun 2022 18:28)
first of all, i must say those are very cute videos :wub: ! second but equally important fact we should all observe, is that the walking statue from the 2nd video looks like kripparian :mellow: i mean just look at it :lol: as it was walking towards me, i was thinking when it would say "hi guys hows it going kripparian here"

okay comment time :blush: ! so umm i dont really know why science feels the need to try to discard a conspiracy theory by "outconspiracying" it so to say. i mean not many people say its aliens, although those people are the most visible yes. most of the people dont really mind the way how the statues were moved, but some other things are weird, like positioning of the places through the continents or the same megalithic structure which is...too precise for its time :wacko: theres actually a purpose to it! the megalithic structures seem to have been created to be highly resistant to earthquakes :unsure: basically those things suggest global society over multiple continents. so i dont really understand how its not even accepted as a POSSIBILITY that humans simply had an advanced civilization at that time, that could have done it :unsure: the way its discarded is what upsets me, i dont like the fauci way of discarding a theory: "im the science and i say this and you are a retard if you disagree". i want actual evidence why not an intercontinental human civilization at that time :wacko:

I wouldnt say that im completely discounting those possibilities. Hell i would love it if it turned out to be an advanced civilization that is no longer with us. If we discovered Atlantis id be happy as fuck! Im just simply pointing out as an example that the Moai were considered impossible to have moved to their locations and that myth said they "walked" there, when a bunch of people with nothing more than ropes were able to replicate it.

I do think theres always the possibility of it being something that is dubbed a conspiracy theory, there are so many amazing ancient things in the world that are hard to fathom. I was merely pointing out an example where something inexplicable had a very simple answer. Another example of marvelous ancient 'engineering' is the buried Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huang, created around 210-209 BCE. It is comprised of over 8000 soldiers, 130 chariots with over 500 horses, and an additional 150 Calvary horses with riders. They even found about another 1000 statues of political officials, musicians, and other non military statues. The entire 'army' was created and buried with Emperor Qin Shi Huang solely to guard his resting place. We didnt even discover this MASSIVE archive until late into the 20th century.

So I guess to sum it up, while I think many of the mysteries could be explained if we had more information and records (and if we were allowed to explore more about the pyramids) I agree with you in the sense that I am always hoping that the answer is something more magical, and to your point:

this makes you realize just how small and insignificant we are, and how extremely likely it is that we are not alone in our universe.
Jun 23 2022 06:11pm
Quote (Crason @ Jun 24 2022 01:23am)
I wouldnt say that im completely discounting those possibilities. Hell i would love it if it turned out to be an advanced civilization that is no longer with us. If we discovered Atlantis id be happy as fuck! Im just simply pointing out as an example that the Moai were considered impossible to have moved to their locations and that myth said they "walked" there, when a bunch of people with nothing more than ropes were able to replicate it.

I do think theres always the possibility of it being something that is dubbed a conspiracy theory, there are so many amazing ancient things in the world that are hard to fathom. I was merely pointing out an example where something inexplicable had a very simple answer. Another example of marvelous ancient 'engineering' is the buried Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huang, created around 210-209 BCE. It is comprised of over 8000 soldiers, 130 chariots with over 500 horses, and an additional 150 Calvary horses with riders. They even found about another 1000 statues of political officials, musicians, and other non military statues. The entire 'army' was created and buried with Emperor Qin Shi Huang solely to guard his resting place. We didnt even discover this MASSIVE archive until late into the 20th century.

So I guess to sum it up, while I think many of the mysteries could be explained if we had more information and records (and if we were allowed to explore more about the pyramids) I agree with you in the sense that I am always hoping that the answer is something more magical, and to your point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfOzhZGtNw

this makes you realize just how small and insignificant we are, and how extremely likely it is that we are not alone in our universe.

yees i know :blush: ! i dont really disagree with you at all, i just dont understand those scientists who do this kind of work :wacko: also you seem very pleasant to talk to, while those scientists are actually really hostile if asked about things :wacko:

oh and i like those comparison videos, used to watch those a lot :wub: !

i actually didnt know the transferring of those statues was a big conspiracy theory :unsure: i mean even in my village we transported huge objects by just putting wooden logs below them so it was kinda a no brainer for me :wacko: i always look for the simplest solution and that one was the simplest so i assumed other people did as well :blush: but i do think the evidence favors ancient civilization, simply because nothing else can explain lining of the monuments and the exact same structures everywhere :wacko: not to mention the precision required for those structures :wacko:

im thinking this way. imagine our civilization just nukes itself or something. 10000 years from now, someone finds the remains of a surgery clinic preserved under sea or something :wacko: so one scientist finds a surgery laser and is like "hmmm, they had to have a good level of tech to build this laser", and then the other scientist finds a door knob and is like "naah, they had to be primitive, this is obviously a door knob" :mellow: basically what im suggesting is, why not focus on that laser instead? scientists that are explaining this seem to intentionally focus on the weakest theories (and parts of them) to attack, and then using those to group EVERY theory in that group (tinfoil, conspiracy theory etc). for example "wait, you think project mockingbird is real? LOL you must also believe the earth is flat!"

basically, if someone asked me "how did the statues travel", the first idea that came to my mind would be "they used other objects for it", i mean thats what we do even today. but if someone asked me "hey why are all those ancient sites all over different continents aligned and use exact same structures", the first idea that would come to my mind would be "the same people built all of them". actually i cant even think of a different theory that works. i mean maybe "all civilizations were following the same guidelines based on sky objects", or "theres many many more objects and we are just biased to see those which are aligned", or "they arent actually aligned, the data is wrong". nothing else cuts it really :unsure: this is some weird shit and i love it :drool: i havent really checked but has anyone from the mainstream even tried to explain this question? i mean science is allowed to not know an answer, but always at least shows the leading theory :unsure:
Gold: 35,470.24
Warn: 10%
Jun 24 2022 07:07am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jun 23 2022 07:11pm)
yees i know :blush: ! i dont really disagree with you at all, i just dont understand those scientists who do this kind of work :wacko: also you seem very pleasant to talk to, while those scientists are actually really hostile if asked about things :wacko:

oh and i like those comparison videos, used to watch those a lot :wub: !

i actually didnt know the transferring of those statues was a big conspiracy theory :unsure: i mean even in my village we transported huge objects by just putting wooden logs below them so it was kinda a no brainer for me :wacko: i always look for the simplest solution and that one was the simplest so i assumed other people did as well :blush: but i do think the evidence favors ancient civilization, simply because nothing else can explain lining of the monuments and the exact same structures everywhere :wacko: not to mention the precision required for those structures :wacko:

im thinking this way. imagine our civilization just nukes itself or something. 10000 years from now, someone finds the remains of a surgery clinic preserved under sea or something :wacko: so one scientist finds a surgery laser and is like "hmmm, they had to have a good level of tech to build this laser", and then the other scientist finds a door knob and is like "naah, they had to be primitive, this is obviously a door knob" :mellow: basically what im suggesting is, why not focus on that laser instead? scientists that are explaining this seem to intentionally focus on the weakest theories (and parts of them) to attack, and then using those to group EVERY theory in that group (tinfoil, conspiracy theory etc). for example "wait, you think project mockingbird is real? LOL you must also believe the earth is flat!"

basically, if someone asked me "how did the statues travel", the first idea that came to my mind would be "they used other objects for it", i mean thats what we do even today. but if someone asked me "hey why are all those ancient sites all over different continents aligned and use exact same structures", the first idea that would come to my mind would be "the same people built all of them". actually i cant even think of a different theory that works. i mean maybe "all civilizations were following the same guidelines based on sky objects", or "theres many many more objects and we are just biased to see those which are aligned", or "they arent actually aligned, the data is wrong". nothing else cuts it really :unsure: this is some weird shit and i love it :drool: i havent really checked but has anyone from the mainstream even tried to explain this question? i mean science is allowed to not know an answer, but always at least shows the leading theory :unsure:

Evidence highly supports a pre-flood global civilization.
Check out these anomalous artifacts.

Gold: 13,282.06
Jun 24 2022 01:37pm
Pyramids are pretty cool.
Gold: 80,239.69
Jun 24 2022 06:14pm
so are fridges, maybe the great pyramid tech (much like computers), evolved even smaller into a freezer so you wouldn't
see the icey cold hands of death coming via an interdimensional portal activated by cern and 5g:

This post was edited by lodd222 on Jun 24 2022 06:15pm
Gold: 155,987.20
Jun 29 2022 05:16am
yea much like ancient greece, that's why ac:origins and odyssey are my fav open world games despite the shellacking they get from ac purists.
Gold: 12,830.17
Jun 29 2022 01:55pm
Why do you care about ancient history? I mean: these people were not developed and slavery was common back then. Part of history and lets leave it there.
Jun 29 2022 03:14pm
Quote (Ironfister @ Jun 29 2022 09:55pm)
Why do you care about ancient history? I mean: these people were not developed and slavery was common back then. Part of history and lets leave it there.

i dont think we should ignore something/someone just because it/he did something we today disagree with :unsure: for example newton wanted to burn his own mother, i mean slavery is nothing compared to that. yet, no one is ignoring his achievements

also if i lived in a time where you could either own a slave or be one and had the choice to pick my role, im not ashamed the slightest to say i would rather own slaves than be a slave. so i dont really hate people who had slaves :unsure: let me remind you that there was no middleground in this case. relinquish your ability to own slaves and you become a pariah in the ancient society, and not so long after that your social status drops and soon you yourself get enslaved :wacko:
Gold: 1,339.70
Aug 3 2022 09:46am
Yeah I like old egypt. Its interesting.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev123410Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll