d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Frame Time Spikes
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 275.00
Jun 12 2022 08:46pm
Fps stays at a steady 240 then randomly will drop to 60/70 for a few second. I ran latencymon while playing and didn't experience any high execution times while I did still experience the stutter a couple of times. Does this mean I can rule out this being a driver issue? Checking HWMonitor, my CPU temp high was 72C and my GPU high was 37.9C. I think I can rule out the temperatures being the cause of the stuttering also.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 13 2022 12:49am
Quote (klo1822 @ 12 Jun 2022 21:19)
Well, recently I tried swapping my 4x8 ram for 2x16 G. Skill Trident Z 3600Mhz and the stutter was unfortunately still there. My current ones are the same type of kit and all 4 sticks running at 3600 Mhz. I have also ran memtest86 overnight with no failures. I'm not sure if that means my RAM is 100% good to go though...
I don't think that my CPU/GPU has reached that high while gaming, only doing stress tests. The crazy thing though is that while running bench marks (3D Mark/Heaven) my PC performance is normal/slightly higher than normal.

I am currently on 4403 but have tried every BIOS from 3606 and up.

Double Check Power Options? There is glitches in The first Batch of windows 11. ( where power options would revert to power saving mode ).
Possibly Old Motherboard with PCI 3.0 vs 4.0 or 4.1 gen.
Can't think of anything else.

How ever your not the only one having issues with the 3070 Model.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/494641/suddenly-high-frametimes-with-rtx-3070/

This post was edited by conetopia on Jun 13 2022 12:49am
Jun 13 2022 10:59am
Quote (conetopia @ Jun 13 2022 02:49am)
Double Check Power Options? There is glitches in The first Batch of windows 11. ( where power options would revert to power saving mode ).
Possibly Old Motherboard with PCI 3.0 vs 4.0 or 4.1 gen.
Can't think of anything else.

How ever your not the only one having issues with the 3070 Model.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/494641/suddenly-high-frametimes-with-rtx-3070/

I have been running on High Performance power plan for quite a while now. Unfortunately this stutter didn't randomly start happening and has always been their since day one of my build on a fresh windows install. I can't imagine it's a hardware issue since I've replaced almost every part except for the Mobo/CPU/m.2 ssd. I tried a 3070ti and it was producing the same results...

I even tried buying a prebuilt with a 5800x/3060ti and the results were still there. I can't imagine that it's a power issue with my house because this PC was moved to a different house in a town about 40 minutes from mine and produced the same stutters. Could it be a monitor and/or internet issue?

I know people say internet has no impact on FPS which I can understand, but if packets are being lost/delayed from a server can that make the FPS drop? I am just throwing out anything at this point and I'm not sure if that's even possible. I was having intermittent packet loss which was making my games feel like trash, had spectrum come out (my ISP) and they said there was some back feed in my node which was causing the issue. Once it got fixed and for like a week my games felt flawless, then it went right back to where it was. Not sure if that's just a placebo or if that could be an actual cause. While running a trace route I notice one server (3rd hop) which will normal produce times of 10ms-12ms will sometimes spike to about 200ms-600ms every like 50/60 pings. If this could be an actual cause it would make sense that games that require internet have this stutter but running benchmarks produce no stutter...

edit: This happens in both W10/W11 so I'm not sure if it's even a windows issue..

This post was edited by klo1822 on Jun 13 2022 11:03am
Jun 14 2022 12:32am
Quote (klo1822 @ 13 Jun 2022 11:59)
I have been running on High Performance power plan for quite a while now. Unfortunately this stutter didn't randomly start happening and has always been their since day one of my build on a fresh windows install. I can't imagine it's a hardware issue since I've replaced almost every part except for the Mobo/CPU/m.2 ssd. I tried a 3070ti and it was producing the same results...

I even tried buying a prebuilt with a 5800x/3060ti and the results were still there. I can't imagine that it's a power issue with my house because this PC was moved to a different house in a town about 40 minutes from mine and produced the same stutters. Could it be a monitor and/or internet issue?

I know people say internet has no impact on FPS which I can understand, but if packets are being lost/delayed from a server can that make the FPS drop? I am just throwing out anything at this point and I'm not sure if that's even possible. I was having intermittent packet loss which was making my games feel like trash, had spectrum come out (my ISP) and they said there was some back feed in my node which was causing the issue. Once it got fixed and for like a week my games felt flawless, then it went right back to where it was. Not sure if that's just a placebo or if that could be an actual cause. While running a trace route I notice one server (3rd hop) which will normal produce times of 10ms-12ms will sometimes spike to about 200ms-600ms every like 50/60 pings. If this could be an actual cause it would make sense that games that require internet have this stutter but running benchmarks produce no stutter...

edit: This happens in both W10/W11 so I'm not sure if it's even a windows issue..

Internet Has a huge impact on Frame Latency.
In fact if your Using Att,comcast,Xfinity you would experiance that a lot.
Not so much with Charter spectrum, unless your running crappy cables
Gold: 40,605.01
Jun 14 2022 03:19pm
I really think it has to do with your motherboard. The only thing I can recommend is start without any Asus software installed and install them one by one until you see which Asus software is affecting it.

I'd start with removing the AI Suite and Armoury.

This post was edited by Xet on Jun 14 2022 03:22pm
Jun 14 2022 03:25pm
Quote (conetopia @ Jun 14 2022 02:32am)
Internet Has a huge impact on Frame Latency.
In fact if your Using Att,comcast,Xfinity you would experiance that a lot.
Not so much with Charter spectrum, unless your running crappy cables

Hm, well I have had issues several times in the past and needed a tech to come out to the house so potentially I am just driving myself crazy and it's actually just an internet issue...?

Quote (Xet @ Jun 14 2022 05:19pm)
I really think it has to do with your motherboard. The only thing I can recommend is start without any Asus software installed and install them one by one until you see which Asus software is affecting it.

When you say this you mean disabling all the asus services and trying? I have tried to set my pc to disable everything except for the windows services and the same issues persist. I have also removed AI Suite and Armoury with no changes either.

The crazy thing is that I am hard wired into my router and my brother is on wifi. He doesn't get this issue while playing games (at a lower frame rate). It's strange because when I'm using his monitor to try and see if it's maybe my PC can't push as many frames they look totally different. His 144 Hz is smoother on lower end hardware than my PC is on the same exact frame rate...

I've also tried replacing the cat5 cable I have with a different one and it's no different either

This post was edited by klo1822 on Jun 14 2022 03:30pm
Gold: 40,605.01
Jun 14 2022 03:47pm
I know Win10 had a habit of overriding my motherboard drivers with older versions. You posted previously that you have the latest chipset and drivers. You double checked those after installing? I think that's as far I can recommend with the motherboard...
Jun 14 2022 03:51pm
Quote (klo1822 @ 14 Jun 2022 16:25)
Hm, well I have had issues several times in the past and needed a tech to come out to the house so potentially I am just driving myself crazy and it's actually just an internet issue...?

WWW.Speedtest.net
If you do a speed test and watch the Graph, it should be a straight line.

If its not, then that is a great indication that your internet is the issue.
which is why your bench test would look better than your game.
Jun 14 2022 05:25pm
Quote (Xet @ Jun 14 2022 05:47pm)
I know Win10 had a habit of overriding my motherboard drivers with older versions. You posted previously that you have the latest chipset and drivers. You double checked those after installing? I think that's as far I can recommend with the motherboard...

I just double checked and yep, I have all the updated drivers! I have also installed all drivers on a flash drive and manually installed them from a fresh install (disconnected from internet). Thank you for your help though :)

Quote (conetopia @ Jun 14 2022 05:51pm)
WWW.Speedtest.net
If you do a speed test and watch the Graph, it should be a straight line.

If its not, then that is a great indication that your internet is the issue.
which is why your bench test would look better than your game.

Speed test graph looks fine to me unfortunately:

However, when running a tracert to the google servers, I occasionally will get a spike in my 3rd hop as seen below. Could this be causing issues?
Jun 16 2022 02:02pm
bump, willing to pay 3k fg if someone can find a fix :cry:
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll