d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Critical Strike Mechanics And Data Collection
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,888.88
Jun 7 2022 05:11pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jun 8 2022 10:01am)
Will let you know if i need prof or not when i know more myself.

sidenote:
nope, could easily do that as it's dead easy to code.

Okay good, I kinda got lost on "prof" and where you were coming at, I think you were referring to "proof" in regards of the Vitality as I mentioned. Anyway, as a Base, I won't be going over 100 vitality in my tests. So maybe these could be used at a later stage if needed in testing.
Gold: 13,425.19
Jun 7 2022 05:21pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 8 2022 12:11am)
Okay good, I kinda got lost on "prof" and where you were coming at, I think you were referring to "proof" in regards of the Vitality as I mentioned. Anyway, as a Base, I won't be going over 100 vitality in my tests. So maybe these could be used at a later stage if needed in testing.

Stuff which may impact crit but not enough data yet:
Proficiency, if you have high proficiency, perhaps you get more crits?
Level - As i said there is some indication level may be a factor, but could have been something else
Vitality/Intelligence - Very much doubt these impact crit
Not 100% sure if the "right stat" i.e strength for swords is impacting crit or not, my belief is that it is and will find out for certain when i do a sword or staff climb, polearm tests suggest that the right stat is increasing crit.
TD's certainly appear to impact crit quite noticably. Which suggests something in terms of level/mob level is going on.
Even other item stats, arguably Magic Luck could even affect crit for getting crits is lucky right? Very much doubt this is the case but...

Think the list is longer than that, but you get the idea. I have a lot of potential variables but the main ones appear to be strength/dex and crit on items, with level being the next most likely candidate to affect crit.

Doing some fishing during this event so progress is on hold for me atm.
Jun 26 2022 02:19pm
Been doing a tonne of testing on daggers with strength, currently at a ~16% crit chance with no crit on items, which is pretty obscene.

Did some calculations.

My first guess is along the lines of 9 * critical instances /100 = crit chance %

Currently ignoring crit on items, although the guess is still each crit on an item = + around 1% crit chance.

Simplified way of thinking about it:
Daggers: Every 10 strength = +0.9 chance to crit, every 100 dex = +0.9 chance to crit
Staffs: Every 14 strength = +0.9 chance to crit, every 42 dex = +0.9 chance to crit
Axes: Every 20 strength = +0.9 chance to crit, every 20 dex = +0.9 chance to crit
Swords: Every 42 strength = +0.9 chance to crit, every 14 dex = +0.9 chance to crit
Clubs: Every 100 strength = +0.9 chance to crit, every 10 dex = +0.9 chance to crit

This currently has an accuracy of about +/-1 crit.
Don't have enough data at the moment to get any more accurate than this. Could probably start pulling data from the other topic over.

Polearms appear to have roughly double this chance to crit. I am guessing at this stage this will be true for all heavy weapons. Perhaps makes sense cos ~2x slower to hit = ~2x chance to crit?

Current data i need:
More data on full dex daggers.
Any data on swords/staffs/axes/clubs

I am still working on full strength daggers, mostly because i can get 116 strength off of items

Crit on items is optional, please state how much crit is used on your items.

Thanks to
for fresh data, if bored DM me on discord. Might start suggesting crit on items add 0.9% chance to crit based on your most recent data. Obviously more data needed at this stage but 0.9% makes the data a lot closer. Now no longer convinced TDs/Mob levels do anything, did a bit more testing down a TD earlier and got roughly the same crit rate. If you do more item crit testing that would probably be ideal. Character level also appears to do nothing

More testers would be most welcome, shoot me a PM if you want your own sheet to record your data on. See the bolded text for what i currently need.
Jul 27 2022 08:39am
Copy / Pasted from your Calculator thread:

Quote (Bigheaded @ 27 Jul 2022 23:59)
arguably yes, but think of it this way, if you did that for 60 points in a row, would that be beneficial?
seeing the calc gives you an average damage, you can see the difference between 4 points into strength and 4 points into dex.

Also the Crit chance is unfortunately hugely wonky for swords/staffs/axes and their heavy counterparts as i don't have the data. It seemed to work quite well for some ratios but some are way off.
By comparison i have over 40,000 hits collected by me and BWConformity on just daggers and clubs, even those crit numbers are a bit iffy, however they generally fall within 1-2%.
I am hopefully collecting sword data soon, which should help a lot in narrowing it down.

I will take a copy of this quote and also post (bump) your critical test thread with my reply:

Okay, from recollection you mentioned 100 stat value (Strength / Dex) in "Crit testing" thread.

Okay, taking that value of 100, have you tested ratios equivalent?

Okay... so the ratio is 75 / 25 ... 25 / 75 ... 90 / 10 ... 10 / 90 and 50 / 50 (all equal 100 stat right?)

Okay, so once you get the perfect ratio, have you tested JUST that stat value vs the weapon type?
Have you then added +X Critical Strike items to the same Stat Value and compared the % ChC?
Have you tested Guardian that has a 75/25 ratio even though the starting stats are 30/10 to compare?
And then add in Critical Strike items?

You may have to forego the +Stat items and just keep the Ratio clean and pump Vitality to get a better read on the ChC of the ratio, and then compare to adding in the Critical Strike items.

JUST a thought... I have been collecting just Critical Strike items on Hardcore and thinking about doing testing this, but, I need your thoughts on it further.
Jul 27 2022 10:15am
Would have edited if I had this thought before hand.

In the past we tested the OPPOSITE ratio stat and found that we had higher % chance of a ChC, however, none of us stuck to the Weapon Ratio as stated above to find out more information that could have been beneficial.

You may have to re-evaluate your previous conclusions.
Jul 28 2022 05:55am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 27 2022 05:15pm)
Would have edited if I had this thought before hand.

In the past we tested the OPPOSITE ratio stat and found that we had higher % chance of a ChC, however, none of us stuck to the Weapon Ratio as stated above to find out more information that could have been beneficial.

You may have to re-evaluate your previous conclusions.

This is what I'm doing and is my main belief as to why axes seem to get the most crits as literally half the stats you put in are wasted.

I got to about a 20% chance to crit with full strength daggers and I think Brad got even higher with full dex clubs.

Also I'm currently using your old data as basically a control group of using the new data to attempt to get a formula then relate back to your old work and see how it compares.

This is how I know there's an issue with the current formula as in at least 3 cases it was 5% or more wrong.

As i stated before that formula currently works pretty accurately for daggers and clubs. Hence why I'm after staff sword and axe data in particular

I have a feeling heavy weapons have a higher crit rate which is throwing some of the calcs off
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll