d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Looking To Buy A Pc Late Summ - Iso Info On Build
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 390.44
Jul 2 2022 06:03pm
Quote (FYB @ 2 Jul 2022 00:52)
Hello. :)
Ive been trying to look some stuff up and get a grasp of what Ill going for
looking around at other builds posted and going through the little that i know this is what i have come up with so far.
its not done though.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CcDF4s

listed is a 16core ryzen 9.
I am fairly comfortable trying to liquid cool the cpu for my 1st time if its recommended, or just in general i know liquid is just more efficient.
i would just need to switch out the noctua fan to a liquid cooling but i didn't know which road to go down once it started asking sizes for the liquid cooler >.<
what do i match the size to?
also, i picked a high rated 3090 gpu that was listed. its possibly overkill, but that would be kind of what i want if it is.
should i go less or more? i dont want to have to upgrade for years so prefer to pay the extra now then later.
also also, am thinking if its necessary to install extra intake/outtake fans on the case, in doing so i couldn't find the dimensions to the fan i would need to buy to fit if anyone could show my this also. thanks :)

i again also, picked a random monitor for now. not too worried about this ATM, mainly just the pc.

any recommendations or changes that anyone would make feel free to throw them my way.
i thank everyone for their helpful comments so far :)

edit

also probs overkill with that power supply but i was trying to compensate for whatever extra fans may be installed plus whatever else. if its too much we can lose some wattage for some other stuff if its necessary

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3MCPKp

Better GPU for cheaper (could save another 500 going AMD RX6900xt)
Better Monitor for cheaper
Windows is free, you can get a windows key online from amazon for $10-30 US
Also I'd stay Win 10 on Ryzen at least for another 6-12 months
Better storage yes it's more expensive but IMO SSD>HDD any day and worth the price.
Still cheaper this way than your list.

GL and Enjoy your build
Gold: 2.44
Jul 2 2022 09:56pm
Quote (StealinHerHeart @ Jul 2 2022 06:03pm)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3MCPKp

Better GPU for cheaper (could save another 500 going AMD RX6900xt)
Better Monitor for cheaper
Windows is free, you can get a windows key online from amazon for $10-30 US
Also I'd stay Win 10 on Ryzen at least for another 6-12 months
Better storage yes it's more expensive but IMO SSD>HDD any day and worth the price.
Still cheaper this way than your list.

GL and Enjoy your build

sick, it looks like i did fairly well.
i see the switches and like them.
i will go with this list for now, my buy date is still 2 weeks out, cant wait.

my only thoughts are:
1. what are the thoughts on liquid cooling and should i do it to increase the efficiency ?
-guy commented earlier that airflow on a 16core chip may not cut it at that level and maybe a luiquid cooler would be more effective?
lmk
2. should i get extra case fans? and if so, lights will be cool.

and quick question for learning purposes, why is win10 better for ryzen cpu instead of newer releases?

again, thanks for the comment and support :)
ill be keeping close eyes on this thread as the days get closer to make sure its all going to be swell

This post was edited by FYB on Jul 2 2022 10:03pm
Gold: 390.44
Jul 4 2022 05:57am
Quote (FYB @ 2 Jul 2022 22:56)
sick, it looks like i did fairly well.
i see the switches and like them.
i will go with this list for now, my buy date is still 2 weeks out, cant wait.

my only thoughts are:
1. what are the thoughts on liquid cooling and should i do it to increase the efficiency ?
-guy commented earlier that airflow on a 16core chip may not cut it at that level and maybe a luiquid cooler would be more effective?
lmk
2. should i get extra case fans? and if so, lights will be cool.

and quick question for learning purposes, why is win10 better for ryzen cpu instead of newer releases?

again, thanks for the comment and support :)
ill be keeping close eyes on this thread as the days get closer to make sure its all going to be swell

There where some issues with windows 11supporting Ryzen properly. Not sure if it's fixed. Also I personally like win 10 and don't like the win 11 layout

Going aio would be fine TBH. Get a 240 or 360. Then you don't need extra case fans. Aio comes with 2(240) and 3(360) I would recommend Corsair h150i elite aio. But it's expensive
Jul 6 2022 12:51am
Quote (StealinHerHeart @ Jul 4 2022 05:57am)
There where some issues with windows 11supporting Ryzen properly. Not sure if it's fixed. Also I personally like win 10 and don't like the win 11 layout

Going aio would be fine TBH. Get a 240 or 360. Then you don't need extra case fans. Aio comes with 2(240) and 3(360) I would recommend Corsair h150i elite aio. But it's expensive

Heard. I added the win 10 as well as the aio, i went with the one recommended. I imagine this will look epic with matching the ram rgb aswell as some internal rgb strips ill add later. <---- any recomendations?

the final moments everyone is looking so freaking epic.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Msbbwc

few more thoughts:
1: The list somehow has gotten 2 SSD's added into it, Im 1/2 sure i only need one, can safely remove the 1TB and install the win files just one like i do with my current pc?
I see some others have multiple, what for?

2: Can i replace case fans with rgb fans without losing efficiency? and how to look up the correct size of fans?
Dimensions stated on the case
453 mm x 230 mm x 466 mm<----- is this for fan?
17.835" x 9.055" x 18.346"
is whats listed for case

and this is the fan size
Size
120 mm -->https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wdmmP6/corsair-icue-sp120-rgb-elite-477-cfm-120-mm-fans-3-pack-co-9050109-ww

will these work? :wallbash:

3: Should I start buying some of these pieces before they either lose sales or go out of order?
is this a good opportunity to save some of the cash on the gpu? and is this the gpu the one im going for?

Huge appreciation to the community to bringing all the insight and knowledge needed for this build.
Thanks!
I look forward to showing the final product aswell as the setup :)

This post was edited by FYB on Jul 6 2022 12:55am
Jul 12 2022 06:43pm
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TvVCFg

I've upgraded ram sticks and selected a different case as well as added extra fans for esthetics.
Dropped the monitor for the moment, buying in 3 days.

Oh its going to be Banging.

I have the 3 days, if anybody can think of upgrades LMK, willing to pay the extra cash TBH.

Thanks.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll