d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Help Building A New Pc
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,151.00
May 24 2022 01:52pm
Hey guys, my buddy want to build a new PC, his budget is 2k-3k CAD.

He mostly plays FPS game like Valorant, APEX, etc a little GTA but mostly just hardcore FPS player.

He doesn't play anything that really requires major graphics, so aiming for just a high end CPU with half decent GPU.

He wants to go with Intel, might do some light streaming, and just wants to spend the budget on pure performance over anything else.

I wanted to take a look at some pre-builds and was wondering what are some good options (Canada)
and personally I am not an FPS player, and I don't care about reaching max frames in the games I play so I don't know specs you would want to maintain a high fps in games like valorant or apex, etc.
hoping to get some opinions from anyone who is into FPS games

Thanks.

tldr;
build a pc for high end performance in FPS games/ maybe streaming.
graphics not as important
Intel system (i9-1xxxK) 16gb ddr4, gpu? mobo?
I am working on a parts list now, want to get info on fps performance
also, looking for good pre-build options in Canada for comparison, might just be better atm then piecing out parts

This post was edited by BearOnDrugs on May 24 2022 01:54pm
Gold: 30.00
Warn: 20%
May 24 2022 02:28pm
What kind of a monitor will he be running? hxc FPS player maybe 27/24" 144/240hz 1080P?

Wouldn't need to "overspend" for a streaming/valorant style build ~ the streaming will be more demanding than the game.

Could go with i5 12600kf (10core/16 thread 4.9ghz o/c) + 3060/3060ti and would slap what you want to do and spend a bit more on the mobo for reliable power delivery

If he really wants an i9 12900kf/11900kf, def go with it but it's massive overkill for the above description

~ Concerning prebuilts, Maingear are solid (Ship Internationally) and Lenovo Legion series n2b either.
If you can build a PC & have some knowledge, the market prices are pretty darn good again ~

(Do not purchase Dell Prebuilts, including Alienware ~ malicious forms of prebuilts ~ NICE MONITORS THOUGH)

gl!
Gold: 28,151.00
May 24 2022 04:40pm
Quote (Mardigan89 @ May 24 2022 04:28pm)
What kind of a monitor will he be running? hxc FPS player maybe 27/24" 144/240hz 1080P?

Wouldn't need to "overspend" for a streaming/valorant style build ~ the streaming will be more demanding than the game.

Could go with i5 12600kf (10core/16 thread 4.9ghz o/c) + 3060/3060ti and would slap what you want to do and spend a bit more on the mobo for reliable power delivery

If he really wants an i9 12900kf/11900kf, def go with it but it's massive overkill for the above description

~ Concerning prebuilts, Maingear are solid (Ship Internationally) and Lenovo Legion series n2b either.
If you can build a PC & have some knowledge, the market prices are pretty darn good again ~

(Do not purchase Dell Prebuilts, including Alienware ~ malicious forms of prebuilts ~ NICE MONITORS THOUGH)

gl!

Yes, he already has a pretty overkill monitor, especially with what he is running now.
He has a 24.5" 240Hz 1080P monitor. Now he just needs the system that can actually utilize it.

I'll probably convince him to downgrade on the CPU and put the money elsewhere, maybe even just save some of his budget and aim closer to the 2k mark.

Thanks for the input!

I will check out Maingear but I am leaning towards building myself. It has been a long time since I had the pleasure to build a PC.

Gold: 30.00
Warn: 20%
May 25 2022 11:03am
Quote (BearOnDrugs @ May 24 2022 04:40pm)
Yes, he already has a pretty overkill monitor, especially with what he is running now.
He has a 24.5" 240Hz 1080P monitor. Now he just needs the system that can actually utilize it.

I'll probably convince him to downgrade on the CPU and put the money elsewhere, maybe even just save some of his budget and aim closer to the 2k mark.

Thanks for the input!

I will check out Maingear but I am leaning towards building myself. It has been a long time since I had the pleasure to build a PC.

Right on! Yeah, I wouldn't go above i7 11700k/12700k series and put that money into more RAM, accessories, RGB, etc.

I've built 4 pcs recently, parts and pricing have all been really good. Hope you enjoy building again!

Post some pics if you end up going through a build :thumbsup:
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll