d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Problem Situation + Opinion On 4th Covid Dose
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 92.00
May 24 2022 10:27pm
Quote (SanduLungu @ May 24 2022 11:27pm)
sounds like you have a great relationship. so great you need to ask for advice on the internet.

I can reply to any thread I want.

you have the right to cry like a big baby.

life goes on.

/also ignored
Gold: 1,438.43
May 24 2022 10:59pm
Hi! I think my opinion on the matter is pretty neutral, so I hope it helps from my point of view. Here goes!:

1.) He WAS getting the boosters but now isnt.
2.) You are immune compromised and get sick badly or easier than others.
3.) Hes about to travel a bunch and visit family.

I think before you ask him to get boosted, you should first ask him if he was planning to any time soon or just what his thoughts were on getting it since hes visiting family. In the end he has the right to do whatever he wants with his body. That being said, it sucks for you because you both WERE on the same page buy might not have the same views anymore because of any information coming out. Again, he came to his own conclusion on the matter but of you are immune issues and he tells you he doesnt want to anymore, then youll need to discuss it and compromise the best you can with the living conditions between you. Your best case scenario is the roomy is totally fine getting it and wants to make you comfortable still. If this is NOT the case however, you need to seriously talk and not guess what eachother is thinking. Its like any other kind of relationship.

My quick PERSONAL example of this: 2 years ago I got a shot because I used to work in peoples homes. I really liked my clients. Around the same time, one of my best friends had twins and they were born 9 weeks early. One client has a son who was born with 90 percent of his small intestines just missing. Hes smaller than most children and has tubes and doctors on him all through the day. Both of these situations made me personally say ok, I do want to help keep them safe since I directly deal with them and they are worth it. Literally a day later after my shot I was full blown sick for 2 weeks. I was sick on and off along with other issues for 2 years until I felt back to normal. I personally dont think it was coincidence, I think my body really does freak out with shots. (Ive noticed this my whole life.) So now, fast forward to lately, my business partner is immune compromised and I absolutely refuse to get any shots. They are not for me and OG covid was a BEAST compared to the latest variants (which I got). But we compromised the best I can because were partners. I clean a lot. I air out the studio, I wipe stuff down etc. (We're not going to get into masks) But it boils down to us both living our own lives with our own opinions but being able to compromise mature as possible like adults.

If you're still reading here's the cliff notes in case I rambled lol my bad:

1.) Straight up just ask what the roomates thoughts were FIRST and plans because they know your thoughts already most likely, like in the beginning. (This is less aggressive than asking for a booster right away but youll know exactly their game plan after.)

2.) Either be ready to move out or compromise on it depending how serious you take it. Just remember neither of you can FORCE the other to do anything. So just know what you want, and what its really worth to you in the long run. (That friendship, safety etc)

3.) Just in case, figure out things you can do for yourself and to strengthen your immune system the best you can to be as safe as you can get PERSONALLY. (I.E exercise, vitamins e a d g and k which im sure you take stuff regularly anyway but still) Overall just take care of you health best as possible within your means.

Hope you figure it out and best of luck!
May 25 2022 12:55am
Quote (HeyNiceShoes777 @ May 24 2022 11:59pm)
Hi! I think my opinion on the matter is pretty neutral, so I hope it helps from my point of view. Here goes!:

1.) He WAS getting the boosters but now isnt.
2.) You are immune compromised and get sick badly or easier than others.
3.) Hes about to travel a bunch and visit family.

I think before you ask him to get boosted, you should first ask him if he was planning to any time soon or just what his thoughts were on getting it since hes visiting family. In the end he has the right to do whatever he wants with his body. That being said, it sucks for you because you both WERE on the same page buy might not have the same views anymore because of any information coming out. Again, he came to his own conclusion on the matter but of you are immune issues and he tells you he doesnt want to anymore, then youll need to discuss it and compromise the best you can with the living conditions between you. Your best case scenario is the roomy is totally fine getting it and wants to make you comfortable still. If this is NOT the case however, you need to seriously talk and not guess what eachother is thinking. Its like any other kind of relationship.

My quick PERSONAL example of this: 2 years ago I got a shot because I used to work in peoples homes. I really liked my clients. Around the same time, one of my best friends had twins and they were born 9 weeks early. One client has a son who was born with 90 percent of his small intestines just missing. Hes smaller than most children and has tubes and doctors on him all through the day. Both of these situations made me personally say ok, I do want to help keep them safe since I directly deal with them and they are worth it. Literally a day later after my shot I was full blown sick for 2 weeks. I was sick on and off along with other issues for 2 years until I felt back to normal. I personally dont think it was coincidence, I think my body really does freak out with shots. (Ive noticed this my whole life.) So now, fast forward to lately, my business partner is immune compromised and I absolutely refuse to get any shots. They are not for me and OG covid was a BEAST compared to the latest variants (which I got). But we compromised the best I can because were partners. I clean a lot. I air out the studio, I wipe stuff down etc. (We're not going to get into masks) But it boils down to us both living our own lives with our own opinions but being able to compromise mature as possible like adults.

If you're still reading here's the cliff notes in case I rambled lol my bad:

1.) Straight up just ask what the roomates thoughts were FIRST and plans because they know your thoughts already most likely, like in the beginning. (This is less aggressive than asking for a booster right away but youll know exactly their game plan after.)

2.) Either be ready to move out or compromise on it depending how serious you take it. Just remember neither of you can FORCE the other to do anything. So just know what you want, and what its really worth to you in the long run. (That friendship, safety etc)

3.) Just in case, figure out things you can do for yourself and to strengthen your immune system the best you can to be as safe as you can get PERSONALLY. (I.E exercise, vitamins e a d g and k which im sure you take stuff regularly anyway but still) Overall just take care of you health best as possible within your means.

Hope you figure it out and best of luck!

Thanks for the post I read everything. :)

I think the problem was that he was just being lazy about it, which I get it I guess... Who wants to get the shot and be sore for a day in that area lol. Hes getting the shot, he knows i cant be around him if hes been exposed to the virus especially with anti-vac family.
Also, my roomate is totally for getting the booster, and against his family for being Anti-vacc. But he misses his family so i get it. We've been best friends for years.
Gold: 217,561.33
May 25 2022 12:56am
dear diary
May 25 2022 12:57am
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ May 25 2022 01:56am)
dear diary

This guy needs a friend like mine. :unsure:
Gold: 2,170.00
May 25 2022 03:30am
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ May 25 2022 07:56am)
dear diary

:rofl:
Gold: 3,487.00
May 25 2022 05:20am
Quote (Meeeeep @ May 24 2022 10:23pm)
I went and got the 2nd booster anyway (4th shot), being immunocompromised and between ages 12-50, and only over 50 can get the 2nd booster. (Per cdc guidelines)
You are right it increases my efficacy to symptoms. They told me the exact thing today.

So if him getting another booster will only lessen his symptoms if he gets it and doesn’t do anything for you, why does he have to get another booster?
Gold: 2,170.00
May 25 2022 07:57am
Quote (Horadric_Pube @ May 25 2022 12:20pm)
So if him getting another booster will only lessen his symptoms if he gets it and doesn’t do anything for you, why does he have to get another booster?

:thumbsup:
May 25 2022 09:40pm
Quote (Horadric_Pube @ May 25 2022 06:20am)

He never got a booster, He's getting it this week tho. :)

It reduces the chance of him having worse symptoms which can spread the virus easier. Some people like are ignorant and don't understand that.
Gold: 500.00
May 25 2022 09:49pm
Covid? :blink: I thought the new fear mongering was entirely directed toward Monkeypox now?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll