d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Lost ( The Show)
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 39,837.69
Jun 20 2022 07:44am
Quote (tonytouchtt @ Jun 17 2022 11:44am)
I liked Locke

They first portrayed him as he might be this evil genius dude,
Or some secret military man

But turns out hes like ghandi or a monk

He never hated his father;

But had major daddy issues which made him a weakling ( and had a horrible life) the island gave him legs and a purpose so he loved it

They actually never explained where the 40 peopple went, It just stuck to the main characters,

When Jack and them left the island , n they moved the island , only a small group was shown to live,

And the old couple who retired on the beach

So the 40 either died or made their own shelter

They wrote the show as it went along , so I guess why some things got a very quirky answer to it,

They never had a real end goal on time,

I guess cuz tv was so cut throat, they had to get ratings and approvals for another season,
So they wrote it season by season

Pretty sure Lost got booty blasted by the writers strike like season 4 or something
Gold: 8,660.33
Jun 22 2022 07:51am
I did NOT read the comments from Page 1 to now Page 5.

So, since I liked "Lost" and also an old TV series of an Airplane that went through a wormhole and they landed in the land of the Giants (basically they were tiny people the size of insects in your lawn and a lawnmower was more than a typhoon nightmare and an Ant was a giant Earth Dragon with 6 legs etc), made the show fucking wanting to watch it.

Do you know what is fucking funny... the paragraph above displays the "Hitchcock" flavor... they both end up in the same way.
Gold: 805.50
Jun 23 2022 06:08am
They had to have some future planning

Cuz even at the end of season 3, they showed years ahead

That jack grew a beard and was extra sad and wanted to go back to the island

So we knew they would get off the island but all need to go back

The last season, when u already know the end, it's kind of depressing, their lives seem happy, but I guess Charlie showed Desmond; none of them are truely happy

It's all fake

Jacks alternate life didn't seem happy ,

N his alternate life kinda didn't make sense; he didn't know Juliette b4 the island , But they got married

.they were the only 2 from the island who were connected in the alternate world

N some how Danielle is Whitmore son;
Or Charlie is, that part confuses me,
How they become half brothers

Desmond was one of the best new characters , I like his upbeat attitude

I didn't even like miles

But jin was dope

Going through that island would be the experience of ur life n i guess u would bond with people u almost died with , forever

Like how sun and jin were main characters, even though they didn't speak English at first

Micheal and walt got did dirty, they made walt seem special , but his ending cameo was shit

I thought walt would become some computer genius and help them

Like Mika from heroes did

And micheal got trapped in purgatory , of the island.

Richard's back story seemed stupid, n he's more important then most; he's immortal;

But heaven and he'll exist In lost; Richard rather live on earth then to to hell; Jacob blessed him

Or Richard would be like micheal

This post was edited by tonytouchtt on Jun 23 2022 06:16am
Gold: 0.80
Jun 23 2022 11:12am
How tf has 20 year old show got a recently made 5 page thread going lol.

I was a die hard lost fan. Watched it when it aired and had to agonise in theory discussions between seasons back in the early Internet forum days. Different world then!

Tried finding those old forums but they seem to have disappeared- some of the theories people came up with were 100 times better than where the show eventually ended up, which is a shame...

The didn't didn't rely heavily on cgi or gimmicks though so I imagine it holds up pretty well when rewatching it. Was considered groundbreaking tv at the time

Was lost, 24 and heroes
Gold: 13,967.06
Warn: 10%
Jun 23 2022 03:52pm
Quote (WelSh @ 23 Jun 2022 10:12)
How tf has 20 year old show got a recently made 5 page thread going lol.

I was a die hard lost fan. Watched it when it aired and had to agonise in theory discussions between seasons back in the early Internet forum days. Different world then!

Tried finding those old forums but they seem to have disappeared- some of the theories people came up with were 100 times better than where the show eventually ended up, which is a shame...

The didn't didn't rely heavily on cgi or gimmicks though so I imagine it holds up pretty well when rewatching it. Was considered groundbreaking tv at the time

Was lost, 24 and heroes

It's still a fun show to talk about it. I remember the hype at the time.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll