d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Massage Guns
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
May 20 2022 05:15am
What massage gun do y'all own? I went ahead and purchased the Sonic Life Pro Series Massage Gun for $140. I would like to buy the Theragun because of its universal
Shaped handle & the 16 mm amplitude but I don't want to spend $300 if not necessary. I'll have to settle for the standard griip handle and 12 mm amplitude. It's asethics take after the HyperVolt.

I have been recently dealing with A hamstring tightness / soreness / mobility problem lately . Professional massages running around $150+ is too much cash for me to invest in on A monthly / Bi-Monthly Basis . I'm hoping the massage gun will
Be strong enough to rid of tightness & soreness :lol: If not I'll have to braven up and spend $150+ on Deep Tissue Massage or the Theragun :wallbash:

This post was edited by Juice_WRLD on May 20 2022 05:19am
Gold: 25,453.00
May 20 2022 05:21am
jesus christ help us all
May 20 2022 05:33am
Quote (Barricade @ May 20 2022 04:21am)
jesus christ help us all

It's not what you think. I'm asking about therapeutic massage guns . I ain't talking about no reach climax For women massage tornado wand :bonk:

This post was edited by Juice_WRLD on May 20 2022 05:34am
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2022 08:18am
Quote (Juice_WRLD @ May 20 2022 07:15am)
What massage gun do y'all own? I went ahead and purchased the Sonic Life Pro Series Massage Gun for $140. I would like to buy the Theragun because of its universal
Shaped handle & the 16 mm amplitude but I don't want to spend $300 if not necessary. I'll have to settle for the standard griip handle and 12 mm amplitude. It's asethics take after the HyperVolt.

I have been recently dealing with A hamstring tightness / soreness / mobility problem lately . Professional massages running around $150+ is too much cash for me to invest in on A monthly / Bi-Monthly Basis . I'm hoping the massage gun will
Be strong enough to rid of tightness & soreness :lol: If not I'll have to braven up and spend $150+ on Deep Tissue Massage or the Theragun :wallbash:

Passive modalities like massage guns show no real benefits other than transient relief. I’d own one just for funsies, but realistically they fix nothing and do nothing.

Hamstrings tight? Work on mobility.
May 20 2022 09:55am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 20 2022 07:18am)
Passive modalities like massage guns show no real benefits other than transient relief. I’d own one just for funsies, but realistically they fix nothing and do nothing.

Hamstrings tight? Work on mobility.

Says who? Your belief on the ineffectiveness of massage guns sounds hear say. Plenty of avid athletes & weight lifters use massage guns. I been working on mobility :bonk: mobility clearly isn't enough or I'd have looser legs overall .

This post was edited by Juice_WRLD on May 20 2022 09:56am
May 20 2022 11:23am
Quote (Juice_WRLD @ May 20 2022 11:55am)
Says who? Your belief on the ineffectiveness of massage guns sounds hear say. Plenty of avid athletes & weight lifters use massage guns. I been working on mobility :bonk: mobility clearly isn't enough or I'd have looser legs overall .

There’s lots of readily available research that supports passive modalities have no efficacy in sports medicine. Literally google massage gun long term efficacy.

Also, says every sports medicine doctor and physical therapist that I’m personally friends/colleagues with.

ALSO also, if you enjoy using it than do it.

E: if you feel like your mobility sucks, maybe you’re doing it wrong.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on May 20 2022 11:24am
May 20 2022 03:42pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 20 2022 10:23am)
There’s lots of readily available research that supports passive modalities have no efficacy in sports medicine. Literally google massage gun long term efficacy.

Also, says every sports medicine doctor and physical therapist that I’m personally friends/colleagues with.

ALSO also, if you enjoy using it than do it.

E: if you feel like your mobility sucks, maybe you’re doing it wrong.

I searched massage gun long term Efficiency out of curiosity . Every link I viewed at top is supporting the use of massage guns. Your suggestion didn't go exactly as I expected.

You say every sports medicine doctor and therapist you know. How many in total has expressed your dislike on massage guns ?

I haven't owned A massage gun before . This'll be my first! I'll give A try and report back in the coming months. Have you owned A massage gun before ? If not , how do you know they're not effective aside from what you've been told or heard ?

Which mobility exercises / stretches exactly ? I practice over 25 different variations on rotation. I focus on my hamstring , fglutes, calves , quadriceps every day or other day :bonk:

This post was edited by Juice_WRLD on May 20 2022 03:44pm
May 20 2022 06:07pm
Quote (Juice_WRLD @ May 20 2022 05:42pm)
I searched massage gun long term Efficiency out of curiosity . Every link I viewed at top is supporting the use of massage guns. Your suggestion didn't go exactly as I expected.

You say every sports medicine doctor and therapist you know. How many in total has expressed your dislike on massage guns ?

I haven't owned A massage gun before . This'll be my first! I'll give A try and report back in the coming months. Have you owned A massage gun before ? If not , how do you know they're not effective aside from what you've been told or heard ?

Which mobility exercises / stretches exactly ? I practice over 25 different variations on rotation. I focus on my hamstring , fglutes, calves , quadriceps every day or other day :bonk:

Every study I’ve found suggests short term effects of massage guns, all using small sample sizes. Passive therapy, again, is transient at best. It teaches nothing, adds no lasting flexibility to muscle fibers, and shows no correction in the immediate cause of poor mobility such as poor form.

And I personally know of 4 that I work with and around and I know several others that support these claims too.

It’s not a personal attack, I’m just letting you know that it’s a novel tool. It’s not a fix for shitty mobility.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on May 20 2022 06:08pm
Gold: 500.00
May 21 2022 12:48am
I went to the Arnold Classic a few years back and one of the booths there featured the 'Theragun' so I decided to give it a go. And must say, I had a great experience with it overall, felt nice and limber and overall relieved afterwards in several tight spots on my back/neck...

Now I'm not going to bullshit you, I can't say for sure that it was the theragun itself or the team of smokin hot baddies in tight miniskirts and tube tops administering the massage, but I felt really great afterwards.
Gold: 147,700.00
Jul 10 2022 04:49pm
I dont own either but I've worked with many massage therapists and have dealt with similar issues. Massage really does work wonders. It gets the blood into the muscle losens up all that tightness and helps with the healing/recovery process. Typically I don't like having to buy something twice by going cheap the first time around but go with your instincts. If massage helps you get the massage gun just don't go crazy 10-20 mins and thats all u need after training.

This post was edited by BarnabyJones on Jul 10 2022 04:51pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll