d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > New To Poe
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26.33
May 19 2022 09:23pm
I just started and was wondering if I should buy one of the supporter packs because that seems to be the best deals ? Which one should I get ? Btw I’m playing as Templar.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
May 20 2022 05:30am
Quote (~Sypher~ @ May 20 2022 05:23am)
I just started and was wondering if I should buy one of the supporter packs because that seems to be the best deals ? Which one should I get ? Btw I’m playing as Templar.

preferably dont get any packs before you have played the game at least a couple weeks as poe can be very hard to digest and many people just say fuck it and leave :wacko: if you like the game, you might go for buying either something that has stash tabs, or stash tabs alone. the game is advertised as free but you cant really play normally or sell stuffs without them

i would advise against buying the cosmetics as 1) everything in poe is expensive af, 2) everyone has some mtx so that leads to a positive reinforcement cycle where people just buy more and more :cry: and 3) people will rarely see you anyways because poe is basically a single player game and the only time you interact with anyone, it will be with some russian or chinese trade bot :mellow:
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2022 07:33am
Yeah, if you want to buy something from this game you are probably going for stash tabs. They are really great and as pointed out you can't really trade without them.

I never saw the point in cosmetics, specially when you are starting out in a game. Make your first run through the game as SSF (which means playing without trading basically), then see the options in stash tabs and what would help you the most.

For me, at least 1 stash that allows trading and 1 currency tab are essential for the game in terms of quality of life. The other ones will depend on your playstile and what you end up doing in the end game.
May 20 2022 10:36am
Quote (ThiefSlayer @ May 20 2022 09:33am)
Yeah, if you want to buy something from this game you are probably going for stash tabs. They are really great and as pointed out you can't really trade without them.

I never saw the point in cosmetics, specially when you are starting out in a game. Make your first run through the game as SSF (which means playing without trading basically), then see the options in stash tabs and what would help you the most.

For me, at least 1 stash that allows trading and 1 currency tab are essential for the game in terms of quality of life. The other ones will depend on your playstile and what you end up doing in the end game.

So buy 1 stash tab and 1 currency tab ? Thank you for all the info I appreciate it !

Quote (Snyft2 @ May 20 2022 07:30am)
preferably dont get any packs before you have played the game at least a couple weeks as poe can be very hard to digest and many people just say fuck it and leave :wacko: if you like the game, you might go for buying either something that has stash tabs, or stash tabs alone. the game is advertised as free but you cant really play normally or sell stuffs without them

i would advise against buying the cosmetics as 1) everything in poe is expensive af, 2) everyone has some mtx so that leads to a positive reinforcement cycle where people just buy more and more :cry: and 3) people will rarely see you anyways because poe is basically a single player game and the only time you interact with anyone, it will be with some russian or chinese trade bot :mellow:

Thank you for all the info I appreciate it !
Gold: 82,700.00
May 22 2022 01:58pm
supporter packs/stash tabs you can do a workaround and buy that for fg and dont spend actual money (highly recommend to get like 600points for stash stuff but you wont need them before you reach endgame and farm, so wait with that decision - maybe you quit fast)
1. get steam dollar https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=279
2. link poe with steam and buy pack(s)
3. profit

pretty new too and it could be fun but it's quite annoying cause you either deal good damage and get 1shot often or you tank good but deal no damage
tried 5-6 builds, always went back to EA ballista cause that's the only i've got to work (on a sub 20ex budget)
May 22 2022 03:52pm
Quote (D2Rikku @ May 22 2022 03:58pm)
supporter packs/stash tabs you can do a workaround and buy that for fg and dont spend actual money (highly recommend to get like 600points for stash stuff but you wont need them before you reach endgame and farm, so wait with that decision - maybe you quit fast)
1. get steam dollar https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=279
2. link poe with steam and buy pack(s)
3. profit

pretty new too and it could be fun but it's quite annoying cause you either deal good damage and get 1shot often or you tank good but deal no damage
tried 5-6 builds, always went back to EA ballista cause that's the only i've got to work (on a sub 20ex budget)

oof i did templar for my first...bad idea? lol but thanks for all the info i appreciate it !
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
May 22 2022 04:02pm
Quote (~Sypher~ @ May 22 2022 11:52pm)
oof i did templar for my first...bad idea? lol but thanks for all the info i appreciate it !

oh dont worry, class of first char doesnt matter! it will be shit no matter what you pick :blush: !

to quote half the matrix cast, everyone falls the first time!

and in the case of poe, also a few more times :mellow: !
May 22 2022 07:16pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ May 22 2022 06:02pm)
oh dont worry, class of first char doesnt matter! it will be shit no matter what you pick :blush: !

to quote half the matrix cast, everyone falls the first time!

and in the case of poe, also a few more times :mellow: !

Glad to know ! :rofl: I do enjoy playing but I wish I could play with more ppl doing the walk threw.
Gold: 217,561.33
May 22 2022 08:41pm
Play and have fun
May 22 2022 09:32pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ May 22 2022 10:41pm)
Play and have fun

Yes sir ! :thumbsup:
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll