d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Gears of War Series > Gears Of Wa On The Xsx Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
May 18 2022 01:31pm
I know this sub is not very active but most of you are probably gears OGs or are fans of the good ol' gears (gears 1-3 ) like myself so somebody here can probably answer this. I have some questions about how gears runs now on the XSX before I buy one. I have always bought xboxes almost entirely for gears, it being an exclusive.

1. Gears UE multiplayer was always 60fps on the xbone but the campaign wasn't. I hear the campaign is now 60fps on the XSX now . I hear they have a fix or "boost" for Gears 2 to be 60 fps in single and multiplayer now on the XSX, true or false?

2. Any plans for them to do this with gears 3 as well?

3. i'm assuming gears 2 and 3 are still through the "xbox 360 backward compatibility program" aka an emulator, right? Opposed to Gears UE being an actual port for xbone/XSX.

4. If so, is xbox backward compatibility good now? I had xboxone when it first came out for a year or so and on xboxOne backward compatibility had some major issues. I remember not even wanting to use it for multiplayer PvP at all due to the input lag and choppiness. Is this fixed now on the XSX completely? If not which gears 2 or 3 suffers from these issues?

5. How about cross platform in terms of XSX, xbone and xbox360? Can Gears UE players on xbone play with players on XSX for example? Can gears 2/3 players on xbox 360 join lobbies with players on xbone and XSX and vice versa?

This post was edited by Qwuazar on May 18 2022 01:37pm
Gold: 1.00
Aug 6 2022 11:04am
Well I bought it and the emulation is awesome on the series X compared to when I tried it way back when on the xbone. Solid 60 fps and no noticeable input lag. I play 1, 2 , 3 and 5.

Wish the original 3 games had some more activity but still I'm getting socials consistently....

This post was edited by Qwuazar on Aug 6 2022 11:04am
Go Back To Gears of War Series Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll