d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Melee//gm: Fun & Inclusive Gm Melee Duels > D2:R
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 28,580.00
May 18 2022 12:53pm
Game Name: melee
Password: gm
melee///gm

Mission Statement
Hi all. I have been asked by multiple people to help grow and advertise a GM melee private duel room, spurred by recent developments that have unfortunately made some people feel unwelcome or marginalized in other GM melee circles. As such, this post - and the purpose of this post in advertising this duel room - is a direct response to these developments as there is now a clear need to create a GM melee community that is welcoming to all GM melee builds that have been existence since the early days of Lord of Destruction. In this duel room, we welcome diversity - whether you'd like to duel with your zealer, conc barb, jab zon, fury druid, wolf barb, or, really, any melee build that is not elemental/poison-damage based - you will find people who are interested in dueling you.

Rules
With that being said, since this is a GM melee community, the standard GM rules should be followed. Generally, the rules listed in the first post of our GM melee ladder (found here) should be observed, respected, and followed. It is worth reiterating some of the most important rules here, especially if anyone is new to GM melee dueling:
~ A duel typically starts with both players saying "go," "g," or, more commonly, attacking/swiping in place (i.e., pressing shift and left click)
~ All duels take place in the Inner Cloister
~ Walk, don't run, to your opponent to start the duel
~ No potions are allowed to be used during dueling
~ No enchanting, smiting, charging, weapons with more than 200 damage of a single element type, slowing, knockback, etc.
~ For a list of banned items, see the "List of BM items" subheading here
~ Game will always be made in Normal difficulty
~ A zealot can wear Exile/tap gear only vs. other zealots if agreed upon by both parties, but this gear cannot be used against any other class
~ If a fury druid is dueling, the two duelers can agree to one of two options: 1) if the wolf loses form, the duel is over and considered a loss for the wolf, or 2) if the wolf loses form, they can reshift and continue the duel until someone dies which will end the duel

It is strongly encouraged to review all of the GM melee rules found at the link above if you're unfamiliar with them. These are the standard GM melee rules that have been in place since LoD, so there are no surprises.

Other important information:
We ask that there is no shit talking in this thread. This thread was made only to promote an alternative GM melee duel room where diverse melee builds can meet and duel in a friendly and welcoming environment. If you have any concerns, PM me instead of posting here.

Want to take GM melee duels a little more seriously?
Although this post may seem a bit formal, this duel room is for casual/relaxed GM melee duels for melee players to have fun, hang, and duel. If you want to do something a bit more serious, consider joining our GM melee ladder. You can also PM me for an invite to our Discord where there are a lot of friendly melee enthusiasts and discussion.

This thread will be bumped (not always by me) whenever someone from our community makes the game or if the game is up and active. If you make the game because it wasn't previously up, feel free to bump this thread.

Questions? Wanting to get into the melee scene but not sure how? Send me a PM anytime. If I can't help you, I'll direct you to someone who can.

Gold: 35.00
May 18 2022 01:02pm
thanks for writing this out.
it’s unfortunate that certain ppl think it’s cool to bm and exclude people in the gm melee game that’s been standard for decades.
but that just means it’s time to make somethin new.
✌🏼
Gold: 21,232.00
May 18 2022 01:10pm
:thumbsup:
Gold: 10.77
May 18 2022 01:11pm
Tracked :)

I’m going to be baaling a lot for a few days but will try to get games up daily after 7pm pacific if it’s not already active.

And yeah it’s a new game with different mechanics, people from all former realms are here, and it’s good to make new rules for a new era.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on May 18 2022 01:12pm
Gold: 3,780.00
May 18 2022 01:47pm
Quote (songs @ May 18 2022 04:02pm)
thanks for writing this out.
it’s unfortunate that certain ppl think it’s cool to bm and exclude people in the gm melee game that’s been standard for decades.
but that just means it’s time to make somethin new.
✌🏼

I havent been around a lot lately, but is someone bming someone?
Gold: 28,580.00
May 18 2022 01:55pm
Quote (NeilM @ May 18 2022 12:47pm)

Certain players have had less than pleasant experiences in other popular gm melee duel rooms. I'll leave names out of it because I'd like to remain friendly and mature but, as an example, a zeal was in a GM melee duel vs a fury druid and was using life tap when it was not agreed on. When asked if he was using life tap, he said "yes, this is PALADIN nation." This is obviously an act of BM (it did not really personally bother me but it's an example of why this thread is being created)

Fury druids are also constantly being told by multiple people to leave GM duel rooms and make their own (i.e., "go make dn//1 and leave" is a common statement).

This is not a thread for shit talking but if the community needs examples of why an alternative room is being created, that is fine with me. I have no issues with anyone but it should be known.

To be clear, no one (whether it is a zealer or fury druid or whoever) is going around saying "fuck you" to people or being outwardly or explicitly douchey. But certain things are being said/done that are making certain people feel unwelcome which is not great since melee is about community.

This post was edited by Koston on May 18 2022 02:00pm
May 18 2022 01:55pm
Quote (NeilM @ May 18 2022 12:47pm)

ye ppl still won’t take off exile sometimes. but more often some guys are just generally rude or just ignore us completely when we’re in pn.
not bming in the way of nk and whatnot but just being dickheads.
it’s just a culture of toxicity that somehow found it’s way into pn that we’re trying to move away from.
Gold: 10.77
May 18 2022 02:00pm
Also pn/1 was an USEast melee room for the palapk nation guild which I don’t even think exists anymore? We have people from all realms on the new game. It’s good to start fresh.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on May 18 2022 02:01pm
Gold: 3,780.00
May 18 2022 02:11pm
Quote (Koston @ May 18 2022 04:55pm)
Certain players have had less than pleasant experiences in other popular gm melee duel rooms. I'll leave names out of it because I'd like to remain friendly and mature but, as an example, a zeal was in a GM melee duel vs a fury druid and was using life tap when it was not agreed on. When asked if he was using life tap, he said "yes, this is PALADIN nation." This is obviously an act of BM (it did not really personally bother me but it's an example of why this thread is being created)

Fury druids are also constantly being told by multiple people to leave GM duel rooms and make their own (i.e., "go make dn//1 and leave" is a common statement).

This is not a thread for shit talking but if the community needs examples of why an alternative room is being created, that is fine with me. I have no issues with anyone but it should be known.

To be clear, no one (whether it is a zealer or fury druid or whoever) is going around saying "fuck you" to people or being outwardly or explicitly douchey. But certain things are being said/done that are making certain people feel unwelcome which is not great since melee is about community.

So question, if the same players go into melee/gm, what is going to be the difference?
May 18 2022 02:22pm
Quote (NeilM @ May 18 2022 01:11pm)
So question, if the same players go into melee/gm, what is going to be the difference?

an understanding that bm behavior will not be accepted.
mutual respect.
things like that

This post was edited by songs on May 18 2022 02:23pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic