d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Here Is A Bad Suggestion That Would Balance Game.
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,157.03
May 18 2022 01:52pm
THIS is GOD (god) tier TROLLing for real.

I like Pick's raid idea
Gold: 442,426.30
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2022 03:12pm
dont like it for many reasons

whistle climbs in good groups would be shorten by alot while bad groups will have to struggle even more ...

on high tier content gl.. even normal bad waves can fuck up a avg party...

game is long ago where you sit like 4h + for a climb where you need it 2 healer like you want

we dont have the time to sit there for 4h+ for a single climb time is money
Gold: 8,888.89
May 18 2022 04:06pm
Quote (Matthi @ May 19 2022 03:35am)
it's not that we want it easy, it's just that you can't increase eps for each player with 3, simply because more than 3 eps can hit the same player same time

so ofc it's easier to survive a 3 ep solo than a bad 9 wave ep in a full group; if one of the backrow people is getting focused by 6-7 eps same time (maybe adding some stun/triple/double/reflecting etc) it's game over, and that chance is getting multiplied if you increase the max amount of eps possible each wave

or just think of the increased chance of a pusher/puller monster in an increased wave size; it's just way to dangerous at high lvl if you increase to 15

even if you think that MM is not worth it; there are people that enjoy doing them, so just making a part of the game close to unplayable because you don't see a reason to do them is not really a valid arguement in my opinion

there are waves that you can hardly survive now already; just think of a lvl 100+ high ep wave when the healer is getting pulled to front; with fish and comfreys taking an action there is already a high chance of getting killed

I mentioned this when Paul introduced monsters leveling up with character level after 71 because Datis reached level 200+ characters and Paul wanted that to never happen again, YET, the coding is based on % increase with MD etc, and did not bother to make it more linear (hope that is the right wording) where the monster damage does NOT exceed the Healing capacity of the character and the item(s) they use.

As pointed out by another, using a 140% ee (or more), level 55 heal type charm wouldn't make much difference when you are getting hit by 3 monsters that crit you for 2.5k damage each (7.5k dmg in 1 action would nearly kill 1 character off) and you can only heal 1k average ... yup, I understand all that, I have been there before over level 85 being healer in a group of 2 and more.

So, starting out in a full group from level 1 to 35 isn't challenging anymore. So other than increasing the number of monsters that spawn, Paul would have to increase the Monster Difficulty by another 20% during those first 35 levels, from here, the Monster Difficulty is how it is currently up to level 85, then level 85+ the Monster Difficulty should be stagnant and NOT increase as it does now.

Hey, just an idea since people are saying that even 9 EP waves at higher levels are hard.

Quote (Pick @ May 19 2022 05:39am)
rex is on to something

make new game mode where max players = 10, max eps = 30

new raid game mode where you travel down paths where each path can yield different encounter, end of the "road" and u fight mega boss which also can have different variants

did someone say new fucking content?

I would vote yes to this, as for those talking about Mobile playing, just stick to 3 man groups or Solo like most should do when using a phone device to play LS.
Gold: 48.59
May 18 2022 07:11pm
3 people voted yes, can we hear some explanations as to why please and thank you.
Gold: 87,685.96
May 18 2022 08:52pm
if ls was meant to be a solo game instead of group (as many people have said many times) maybe... but since LS is encouraged to be a group game i gota vote no. also, part of the reward for waiting for a group is a faster climb (minus the fact that drops are free for all and not guaranteed)
Gold: 8,888.89
May 18 2022 09:15pm
Quote (bhBc @ May 19 2022 01:11pm)
3 people voted yes, can we hear some explanations as to why please and thank you.

There could have been some sarcasm here, but maybe these 2 voted Yes and of course I voted Yes.

Quote (legirotto @ May 19 2022 01:48am)
I voted yes.

I play HC 90% of times and there is too much gear there. If people die more often then they will rage quit more, I'll buy more stuff to hoard and have more invested on an abandoned realm which will have even less good gear. Seems smart.

Quote (Pick @ May 19 2022 05:39am)
rex is on to something

make new game mode where max players = 10, max eps = 30

new raid game mode where you travel down paths where each path can yield different encounter, end of the "road" and u fight mega boss which also can have different variants

did someone say new fucking content?

Quote (phatshadow @ May 19 2022 02:52pm)
if ls was meant to be a solo game instead of group (as many people have said many times) maybe... but since LS is encouraged to be a group game i gota vote no. also, part of the reward for waiting for a group is a faster climb (minus the fact that drops are free for all and not guaranteed)

Paul wants it group play and strives on this in the updates. However, with the player base that it has and some new people coming in to play, some attention to Solo should be taken into account.

Shit, when MM was first introduced and I was playing SC (before anyone knew what the conditions were), I solo'd a full catacomb from level 70 after clearing 99% of the objectives to fail because I could NEVER meet the actual requirements of it being Full Group or exiting catacomb (also a new thing added without losing game.). Took me fucking HOURS with zero reward... shit, if it could have been done solo, I would have been the first one to do it... BUT... in those days the monster difficulty from level 71 and above did NOT increase as it does now.

Still, I would love to try it out with the updates AS long as it could be done solo.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll