d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Here Is A Bad Suggestion That Would Balance Game.
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,631.18
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2022 07:56am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 18 May 2022 15:53)
:rofl: I did that on SC during the Prof comp to prove a point,

So did you win ?
Gold: 8,672.68
May 18 2022 08:00am
Quote (4ndr3as @ May 19 2022 01:56am)
So did you win ?

Yup, I quit the comp because I new I was cheating.
Junior Moderator
Gold: 39,310.29
May 18 2022 08:03am
I read and re-read your suggestion but cannot find any improvement here either.

I wonder if you ever hit a 9 EP wave on high lvl with a bad combination of monsters ?
Its already hard to kill a 9 wave and sometimes almost impossible but 15.... no way!

I like the way it is - solo and group - except for the fact you you arent able to kill sneaky on a melee char (solo) and always need to ask for help or rejoin.

I also do not want to see more items dropping as there are already enough out there.
Back in the days the base of players had been 3-4 times as much as we have these days, maybe even more.
Even at that time everyone was able to get their hands on solid gear. Today the community is so small that everyone easily can get items to play that game (even with all those dead accounts hording stuff)

I think most of the community would loose interest on that game if we see more/decent drops daily. Thats still something ppl aim for, ppl get excited about - finding that ONE item.

Sry but im voting No here
May 18 2022 08:05am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 18 May 2022 16:00)
Yup, I quit the comp because I new that my idea was shit after nic kicked my but and trippled my Prof till the first update.

Edited it for you
May 18 2022 08:20am
Quote (TiM @ May 19 2022 02:03am)
I read and re-read your suggestion but cannot find any improvement here either.

I wonder if you ever hit a 9 EP wave on high lvl with a bad combination of monsters ?
Its already hard to kill a 9 wave and sometimes almost impossible but 15.... no way!

I like the way it is - solo and group - except for the fact you you arent able to kill sneaky on a melee char (solo) and always need to ask for help or rejoin.

I also do not want to see more items dropping as there are already enough out there.
Back in the days the base of players had been 3-4 times as much as we have these days, maybe even more.
Even at that time everyone was able to get their hands on solid gear. Today the community is so small that everyone easily can get items to play that game (even with all those dead accounts hording stuff)

I think most of the community would loose interest on that game if we see more/decent drops daily. Thats still something ppl aim for, ppl get excited about - finding that ONE item.

Sry but im voting Nohere

Nice points. Yet again I have been in group runs facing 9 EPs before, yup we ran to town, re-grouped and planned our attacks and after that, we completed(edited from competed) those waves with ease. But hey, who does that nowadays? It is easy to kill 9 EPs in a full group with players that have good gear? Note: I am talking about HC, not SC.

Quote (4ndr3as @ May 19 2022 02:05am)
Edited it for you

Your EDIT made me laugh, do you know how many MQ'S he had to do in FULL groups to achieve that? And I had already quit the competition before Nic even won them. You should go back and revisit the thread, I was the only person posting my achievements before anybody else. Get better material if you think I am talking shit, I had this shit discussion in PMs with Bigheaded because I told him he should have posted HOW to gain prof points sufficiently whether they are solo'ing or in group runs.

Want to prove me wrong, then think on this.

1 Action whether solo or in a full group with a normal weapon has a 1 sec delay @ 20% chance of gaining 1 prof point (excluding Abilities with multiple attacks).

1 Action whether solo or in a full group healing has a 1 sec delay @ 75% chance of gaining 1 prof point (excluding Abilities with multiple heals).

The difference was simple... I quit because I was cheating because I knew how to gain the most prof points per action SOLO. As for skilling... I wasn't bothered.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on May 18 2022 08:26am
Gold: 170,810.08
May 18 2022 08:30am
i do enjoy MM the way it is now; would be way to much of a gamble if you can hit 15eps at high level; and you can't run to town either or you would fail the MM

don't really see it as more challenging to have 15 eps, it's just increasing the chance of a random 1 sec rip without the chance to even heal or take a comfrey/fish

the only thing why i would like to have 15 monsters is whistling; pretty sure it wouldn't make it slower for full groups, it would even make it faster for normal whistle climbs

This post was edited by Matthi on May 18 2022 08:33am
Gold: 50.71
May 18 2022 08:32am
no way in hell im playing vs 15 eps at level 71 when healers use 140ee on hc
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 18 2022 08:34am
Ya I think no, unless u wanna make group bigger than 5 which would then be worst to try and get 5 is hard enough, imagine a 7 man group
May 18 2022 08:34am
Quote (LabattBlue @ 18 May 2022 16:32)
no way in hell im playing vs 15 eps at level 71 when healers use 140ee on hc

It doesnt matter how much EE your heal got attleast at that point.

140 or 300 you are still dead because you cant run to town in time. +6 EPS is even a higher chance for bad monsters to spawn.

It would be literly just a 1 Tap for the whole group
May 18 2022 08:53am
Quote (Matthi @ May 19 2022 02:30am)
i do enjoy MM the way it is now; would be way to much of a gamble if you can hit 15eps at high level; and you can't run to town either or you would fail the MM

don't really see it as more challenging to have 15 eps, it's just increasing the chance of a random 1 sec rip without the chance to even heal or take a comfrey/fish

the only thing why i would like to have 15 monsters is whistling; pretty sure it won't make it slower for full groups, it would even make it faster for normal whistle climbs

A post that points out a flaw. "Whistling" (even if removed, the group would just press S multiple times to spawn a new wave like in the old days of just going back-n-forth over explored squares), difference of course is that monsters don't appear "instantly".

Mirror Maze: Guess this changed from Doppelganger (5) mob appearance from the older days if MM has a chance to have more than 5 appear when entering the last square. So, this would be an issue if 15 of them appeared that have equivalent items to the group.
... Yet, what is the real reward of completing Mirror Maze other than Guild Points? Is it worth the time / effort spent for them? Do you get a higher % chance of better Drop Quality? ... What is the difference in timeframe from level 1 to MQ (71-85) and the extra time from 85 to MM (101+)?

@ level 85+ the monster difficulty causes a problem when vs EPs (actually solo or 2 man group coming across 3-5 normal monsters can be a biatch). Or are you saying that below level 85 that 9 EPs are hard to handle? I can understand with average gear.

At least with 15 max spawn (normal / EP) would make it more exciting, it would also increase the value of items and give more necessity to some of the older items, Fish/Comfrey would also rise in price, maybe Glyphs become more useful, maybe potions and totems are more valuable. (mind you, we would need better drop rates for Potions / Totems as well).

I do agree with you that even whistling with max 15 spawn could make group runs faster (extra 6 monsters), but then you could limit Multi Strike / Cast to 9 maximum.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll