d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Battle Of Alberta Gdt
Prev14546474849Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 27 2022 04:32pm
Calgary was up 2-0 in three different games in a 5 games series, and struggled mightily in all 3.

Markstrom looked ECHL worthy, only way Flames win 3 straight is if their backup goalie became the reincarnation of Kiprusoff.
Gold: 10.55
May 27 2022 04:34pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ May 27 2022 02:27pm)
You honestly think they way flames performed over 5 games they'd be able to win three straight? Fuck outa here you are so delusional

however unlikely it might've been they still deserved a fair shot. By your logic they oilers should just have gotten a free walk to the 2nd round because there was no shot the kings wouldve beaten them. right?

Quote (Secksii @ May 27 2022 03:06pm)
Im more surprised by the fact that the ref on ice called it a good goal, and the puck was going into the net anyway and they've allowed far more balantant kicking motion goals that wouldn't have gone in otherwise. It's rare the see the league negate and reverse the ref on ice's call.

Like we've seen refs make poor calls live time, and upon review, everybody be like zomg noob he blind?! And they've stuck with the refs decision etc.

They SHOULD'VE had to have 100% undeniable proof he kicked it to overturn the call, which they clearly didnt have.
Gold: 1,157.00
May 27 2022 04:39pm
Quote (StayPositive @ May 27 2022 04:16pm)
Game 2 and 5 were easily coin tosses. Series could be 3-2 flames right now. It isn’t, we lost, but yes the league helped you along at the end.

3-2 flames? Lololol. That Calgary logic.
Flames last goal in game two was 2mins into the second. Smith shut the door and markstrom let in 4 unanswered goals. That's not a coin toss.
Game one was a coin toss. Was tied up in the third
May 27 2022 04:41pm
Quote (VAS3CT0MY @ May 27 2022 04:34pm)
however unlikely it might've been they still deserved a fair shot. By your logic they oilers should just have gotten a free walk to the 2nd round because there was no shot the kings wouldve beaten them. right?

They SHOULD'VE had to have 100% undeniable proof he kicked it to overturn the call, which they clearly didnt have.

Kings took us to game 7 mate. Wtf you on about? Oilers had to work hard. Quick had a few games where he looked like his old self. But he eventually cracked

Flames had a fair shot in the 5 games we played. Easy now
Gold: 10.55
May 27 2022 04:55pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ May 27 2022 03:41pm)
Kings took us to game 7 mate. Wtf you on about? Oilers had to work hard. Quick had a few games where he looked like his old self. But he eventually cracked

Yeah, but going into the series the oilers were the heavy favorites. By your "The flames wouldnt have won the series anyways so it doesnt matter" logic, the oilers and kings shouldnt have even played because the oilers were going to win so it didnt matter.

Quote (Subzer0isGG @ May 27 2022 03:41pm)
Flames had a fair shot in the 5 games we played. Easy now

You're right, they did. But thats not what we're talking about. That didnt happen and we're here in this spot right now debating this goal, its competely irrelevant what happened in the series up to this point. So lets say the flames were up in the series and the oilers score a goal putting them in the lead in a crucial game 5 to try to mount a comeback on the series, but instead got fucked out of that opportunity because the league cant call shit straight. You know goddamn well that oiler fans would be in the same situation flames fans are in right now.

Its fucking whack. It doesnt matter if the "oilers wouldve won anyways" there needs to be consistency among the calls. Its fine to be happy your team won and are moving on to the next round especially against your biggest rival, but nobody should be giving the league a free pass to pick and choose how they want to officiate games from one night to the next.

This post was edited by VAS3CT0MY on May 27 2022 04:56pm
May 27 2022 05:09pm
Quote (VAS3CT0MY @ May 27 2022 04:55pm)
Yeah, but going into the series the oilers were the heavy favorites. By your "The flames wouldnt have won the series anyways so it doesnt matter" logic, the oilers and kings shouldnt have even played because the oilers were going to win so it didnt matter.

You're right, they did. But thats not what we're talking about. That didnt happen and we're here in this spot right now debating this goal, its competely irrelevant what happened in the series up to this point. So lets say the flames were up in the series and the oilers score a goal putting them in the lead in a crucial game 5 to try to mount a comeback on the series, but instead got fucked out of that opportunity because the league cant call shit straight. You know goddamn well that oiler fans would be in the same situation flames fans are in right now.

Its fucking whack. It doesnt matter if the "oilers wouldve won anyways" there needs to be consistency among the calls. Its fine to be happy your team won and are moving on to the next round especially against your biggest rival, but nobody should be giving the league a free pass to pick and choose how they want to officiate games from one night to the next.

Do I need to remind you on how the oilers exited the 2017 playoffs? Bieksa I think it was, was laying ontop of talbot, clearly goaltender interference and the goal was still allowed. I know damn well how the flames are feeling right now.

Flames are 1-5 in their lifetime in the BoA during the playoffs. They are 0-9 when down 1-3 in a series.
Oilers are 14-1 when leading 3-1 in a series.

All signs pointing towards flames losing this series mate, hence the "flames woudlnt of won anyways" comment

Distinct kicking motion from 3 different angles. Coleman after the game said he thought he was allowed to do that...admitting to assisting the puck in the net with a foot.. if it was already on its way in why be greedy and put a foot to it? Flames need to be asking him that lol.
Gold: 8,732.50
May 27 2022 06:49pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ 27 May 2022 16:09)
Do I need to remind you on how the oilers exited the 2017 playoffs? Bieksa I think it was, was laying ontop of talbot, clearly goaltender interference and the goal was still allowed. I know damn well how the flames are feeling right now.

Flames are 1-5 in their lifetime in the BoA during the playoffs. They are 0-9 when down 1-3 in a series.
Oilers are 14-1 when leading 3-1 in a series.

All signs pointing towards flames losing this series mate, hence the "flames woudlnt of won anyways" comment

Distinct kicking motion from 3 different angles. Coleman after the game said he thought he was allowed to do that...admitting to assisting the puck in the net with a foot.. if it was already on its way in why be greedy and put a foot to it? Flames need to be asking him that lol.

I think we have different definition of this.

Distinct kicking motion is when the player literally kicks the puck, like soccer to score a goal.
You're allowed to guide the puck into the net with your skates, this has always been allowed. It's literally stated in the rules. So yes, that's why these professional players think it was okay to assist the puck into the net with their skates. Was he stupid as fuck to stick his leg out and guide the puck into the net when it was already going in? Fuck ya. He shoulda known better this is the NHL with questionable rules, refs, etc. shouldn't have taken the chance, but he did and it backfired and that's on him.

It would've been a lot different if the ref on ice called it NO GOAL, and they reviewed it and stood by his call. But it's just as rare as the league going oh actually fuck his decision on ice, it's a good goal! lol That's why it was rather surprising to me that they overturned the ref's call and said it was disallowed, especially when it was going in the net anyway.

This is pretty similar, and ref on ice called it good, they reviewed it and also called it good. This one is far more arguable that it is a "distinctive" kicking motion than coleman's imo, although both to me aren't distinctive kicking as niether of them wind their feet back to kick and project it into the net ftg. They just angled it so that the puck is guided into the net.

This post was edited by Secksii on May 27 2022 07:04pm
Gold: 726.69
May 27 2022 06:58pm
Holy mommy fucking shit boys!! The bag of shit hit the fan, and well yeah.... shit's everywhere. I think got some in his mouth. :o
Gold: 22,118.85
May 27 2022 07:27pm
Quote (Secksii @ 28 May 2022 03:49)

Distinct kicking motion is when the player literally kicks the puck, like soccer to score a goal.
You're allowed to guide the puck into the net with your skates, this has always been allowed. It's literally stated in the rules. So yes, that's why these professional players think it was okay to assist the puck into the net with their skates. Was he stupid as fuck to stick his leg out and guide the puck into the net when it was already going in? Fuck ya. He shoulda known better this is the NHL with questionable rules, refs, etc. shouldn't have taken the chance, but he did and it backfired and that's on him.

It would've been a lot different if the ref on ice called it NO GOAL, and they reviewed it and stood by his call. But it's just as rare as the league going oh actually fuck his decision on ice, it's a good goal! lol That's why it was rather surprising to me that they overturned the ref's call and said it was disallowed, especially when it was going in the net anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV7AWS52C_U

This is pretty similar, and ref on ice called it good, they reviewed it and also called it good. This one is far more arguable that it is a "distinctive" kicking motion than coleman's imo, although both to me aren't distinctive kicking as niether of them wind their feet back to kick and project it into the net ftg. They just angled it so that the puck is guided into the net.

Agree and if that is a goal then for sure colemans is also
May 27 2022 07:33pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 27 2022 06:49pm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV7AWS52C_U

The NHL defines a distinct kicking motion as when “an attacking player has deliberately propelled the puck with a kick of his foot or skate and the puck subsequently enters the net.”

It doesn’t matter if Coleman lifted his foot off the ice or not, he admitted to adjusting the position of his foot to propel into the net.
You're not allowed to move your foot/leg forward to assist it in, that's never been allowed.

Watch the angle @ 10seconds. That's a kicking motion
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev14546474849Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll