d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Global Standardized Tags For Trade And Search
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,355.00
May 17 2022 08:13am
Sort of like project d2 does for its trade site ( I know the whole concept there is a bit different since its integrated into game as well you can just copy paste ingame items and we can't do that with d2r legally )
People from different regions or even from same region but different decades ^^ use different abv. for diff items (sorc soso torch t shako czako harlequin crest etc... etc...
It is hard to search and find items trying to figure out all the possible spelling/variants of an item
It wasn't that noticeable for regular LOD separated into diff regions but seems to be lacking with this many topics and players. I know this might require more work than regular site suggestions you get but it's worth thinking about
Has this been requested before ? I have seen many search improvements / suggestions threads I have read some of them but none of them ( i think ? ) fixes this problem of non-standardization of item names and abbreviations.
or is it impossible to achieve since people may or may not use them ?force each trade post/item to have em ? tag codes so you can automatically tag things ? I am sure something can be done to limit the number of variations and to at least nudge people in the right direction
Even a stickied topic next to trade rules made by a mod or something with a standardized abv. for things might help if a mod is willing to make one

I.e. posts like these

Quote (unid_element59 @ 17 May 2022 14:28)
+3 traps (or +2 assasin skill levels) and +3 lightning sentry

post type of weapon pls, ty :)

tags:
traps
ls
trapper
trapsin
lightningsentry
asn
5ls
6ls

Quote (TattiD2 @ 17 May 2022 13:26)
These torches for sale. First post will be kept updated on new ones and sold ones will be removed
New ones will be added all day.

Tags
Hellfire torch, hellfire, torch, uber, über, unique large charm, hellfire charm
Amazon torch, ama torch, amat, ama t, amazon t, amtorch
Assasin torch, assassin torch, assa torch, assa t, assat sin t, sin torch, astorch
Barbarian torch, barbarian t, barb torch, barb t, btorch
Druid torch, druid t, dru torch, dru t, dtorch
Necromancer torch, necromancer t, necro torch, necro t, necrot, nec torch, nec t, ntorch
Paladin torch, paladin t, pala torch, pala t, palat, pally torch, pally t, pallyt, din torch, din t, ptorch
Storch, sorc torch, soso torch, sorceress torch, sorc t, soso t, sorceress t, sosot, sorct, storch

This post was edited by alkolik on May 17 2022 08:32am
Gold: 103.00
May 17 2022 09:18am
Yes please. Hard to find an item when people post up like:

Death's Fathom
Death Fathom
Death Fantom
Deaths Fantium
Def Leppard
Gold: 281.64
May 17 2022 12:16pm
Creating taxonomy that would be localized for every language would be challenging without making some type of trading interface on top of d2jsp. The results would be nice, but it could be discouraging to posters if they have to fill out a form with dropdowns, for their item(s). I agree it would be handy, but this is quite the undertaking, both for the admins to create the tool, but also for selllers/buyers to fill out the pre-requisite data. You'd basically need to create something like the trading site used for path of exile to ensure input data was standardized, and searchable.

This post was edited by Cascadian on May 17 2022 12:18pm
Gold: 13,355.00
May 17 2022 03:39pm
Quote (Cascadian @ 17 May 2022 21:16)
Creating taxonomy that would be localized for every language would be challenging without making some type of trading interface on top of d2jsp. The results would be nice, but it could be discouraging to posters if they have to fill out a form with dropdowns, for their item(s). I agree it would be handy, but this is quite the undertaking, both for the admins to create the tool, but also for selllers/buyers to fill out the pre-requisite data. You'd basically need to create something like the trading site used for path of exile to ensure input data was standardized, and searchable.

y thats what I thought as well but I am open for any suggestions/improvements (I mean I don't have a say in this i guess so it doesn't matter what I am open to ) it doesn't have to be localized for every language (most people do not write tschako or czako anymore) we can start with a maybe smarter search feature ( that automatically predicts this in the background without making the people fill a form ) like how hard it is to get unique item names too if you write just shako or known variations of things with common spelling variants by just writing one of them but that might be out of scope of the devs of the site who knows... but something ... anything in this direction that I can not think of right now would be a step in the right direction.

This post was edited by alkolik on May 17 2022 03:43pm
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll