d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Your Opinion On Best Group Support Ama-bow
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 253.00
May 14 2022 07:14pm
Probably depending on the Group Setup, but what Aura would be least "wasted"?

Faith / 12 - 15 Fana
Mist / 8 - 12 Concentration
Insight / 12 - 17 Meditation

Other options?

Cheers

This post was edited by Barrin86 on May 14 2022 07:24pm
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
May 14 2022 07:54pm
Level 15 fana:

Your damage: 288%
Party damage: 144%
Attack speed%: 33%
Attack rating%: 110%

Radius: 16.6 Yards

Leve 12 concentration:

All damage: 225%

Radius: 25.3 Yards

It's hard to debate the ar and ias bonus from fanaticism. The radius can be an issue. 16.6 yards is basically to the edge of the screen. It is just in the range where everyone can get the aura without too much focus, but if people, and maybe more importantly mercs, start wavering too much outside the screen and stray, the aura is cut off and you lose the bonus. Let's assume that happens about 15-20% of the time.

With concentration, 25.3 yards is 9 more, and is going to cover every party member 99% of the time. The 20% uninterrupt chance can be a good thing, also for mercs.

This is of course considering max level auras.

I think the only way to truly figure this out, is through experience. See what works best over time with 4+ party members focusing on dealing physical damage.
Gold: 253.00
May 15 2022 01:34pm
Thx for the detailed answer. For damage i go Windforce, but in group play the knockback can be annoying sometimes. So i will wear the aura-bow by myself.

Not yet sure about the mercenary. Strongest should be an Act 2 Might Merc with Pride (lvl 20 Concentration). Then Faith would be the way to go, although my Strafe build doesn't benefit from the extra IAS. But chances of having a Hammerdin in group would waste the Mist Conc-Aura too often i guess.
But i also thought about Reapers Toll (lvl 1 Decrepify) on him or even a dual wielding Lawbringer Act 5 Frenzy Merc to Proc lvl 15 Decrepify. This could somehow override my Atams Scrab, but Atma's lvl 2 Amplify has such a small range (2.7y) and proc chance feels a bit underwhelming. 2% more procchance and a lvl 5 Amplify and this could have been a real thing.

Damn, too much possibilities.

Faith + Amplify (Atma) + Might (A2 Merc) + Concentration (Pride) is probably the first way to go.

The only annyong thing is Atmas, it's fine, but Act 5 Merc could be more reliable, although Decrepify is weaker and i'll lose the Pride + Might Aura. (Hammerdin argument again)

This post was edited by Barrin86 on May 15 2022 01:35pm
Gold: 1,902.60
May 19 2022 03:17am
Quote (Barrin86 @ May 16 2022 04:34am)
Thx for the detailed answer. For damage i go Windforce, but in group play the knockback can be annoying sometimes. So i will wear the aura-bow by myself.

Not yet sure about the mercenary. Strongest should be an Act 2 Might Merc with Pride (lvl 20 Concentration). Then Faith would be the way to go, although my Strafe build doesn't benefit from the extra IAS. But chances of having a Hammerdin in group would waste the Mist Conc-Aura too often i guess.
But i also thought about Reapers Toll (lvl 1 Decrepify) on him or even a dual wielding Lawbringer Act 5 Frenzy Merc to Proc lvl 15 Decrepify. This could somehow override my Atams Scrab, but Atma's lvl 2 Amplify has such a small range (2.7y) and proc chance feels a bit underwhelming. 2% more procchance and a lvl 5 Amplify and this could have been a real thing.

Damn, too much possibilities.

Faith + Amplify (Atma) + Might (A2 Merc) + Concentration (Pride) is probably the first way to go.

The only annyong thing is Atmas, it's fine, but Act 5 Merc could be more reliable, although Decrepify is weaker and i'll lose the Pride + Might Aura. (Hammerdin argument again)

My Bowazon uses Harmony and Wrath (and Merc equips Infinity). Act1 merc can use Wrath if you like decrepify ;)
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll