d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Mob Chain Counter
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 12 2022 01:32pm
Wish they cared about solo players as much as the group climbers....if anything I wish they would make mq 71 for all classes again with higher classes getting less exp as climb
Gold: 31,200.10
May 12 2022 02:58pm
Not the first suggestion thread for the chain counter/ solo arena

voted yes but i dont think it will happen.
Gold: 55,623.58
May 12 2022 04:16pm
Quote (BwJ @ May 12 2022 10:47am)
Voted yes.

Won't happen though.

Also voted this
Gold: 81,990.09
May 12 2022 04:16pm
Quote (subwolf22 @ 12 May 2022 17:58)
Not the first suggestion thread for the chain counter/ solo arena

voted yes but i dont think it will happen.

I heard it is coming together with that "big one update" that is happening soon!!!
Gold: 31,200.10
May 12 2022 04:19pm
Quote (legirotto @ May 12 2022 05:16pm)
I heard it is coming together with that "big one update" that is happening soon!!!

nice
Gold: 8,666.98
May 12 2022 05:16pm
Yes.
Gold: 248,047.40
May 12 2022 07:11pm
using the fact that he hasnt bothered to update any of the portals as reason to add something back in :rofl:

Still waiting on this 1yr anniversary of "group names coming soon"

Gold: 20,492.75
May 13 2022 10:17pm
Quote (LabattBlue @ May 12 2022 11:20am)
Since its already on the main info page why not just put it back in? This can add a nice challenge to some of the elite players in the game, which is pretty much all thats left now :P

https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?a=1
Hacking and Slashing
You have two ways to achieve your climb up the main ladder, and each has their own addictive and fast paced styles. In single-player, one has the option of trying to kill as many monsters as fast as possible, with the Mob Chain Counter adding to your experience and drop percentages from monsters. Multiplayer offers players a chance to team up and attempt different modes hosted in the Catacombs. The maze offers the fastest paced action while exploring a winding dungeon, killing monsters and finding treasure. Rewards, and possibly devastating encounters make the maze a constant surprise every time you enter the catacombs.

Hello, this one of the the things that I would love to see implemented back into the game. I believe I suggested this years and years ago, but nothing happened. I think if this came back, so would some slashers. When I first started playing, I used to love challenging myself to see how high I could get it which was not very high since I was playing blind back then without any help.

It could help Solo players out a lot if you substantially increased the experience buff from it. So theoretical it should cut down on the amount of time for a solo climb and more closely resemble the total time for a group climb. I recently talked to an older slasher who loved solo and his main reason why he has not come back yet was because the time difference of climbs between solo vs group. With this though, you'd have to take into consideration maps, would the chain counter be in maps too and work the same way like in catacombs? I believe level 40 or 45 maps is when you start to run into problems with out leveling the monster caps before you can complete the map; so this would completely ruin maps. A simple change for that would be remove level caps on maps, make the end map chest drops capped by the tier of the map used (to prevent mass farming). That way, you have no fear of out leveling the mobs in the map, and the higher tier of map the higher the chain counter and better final chest drops.

Now to talk about when does the counter reset. If I recall it used to reset upon leveling and/or leaving the arena/death? Since the catacombs was not really a thing when the MCC was around, would it still reset upon level? or would it reset once you finish the map/maze? Obviously it would reset upon death/town. Would fighting mobs in a well increase the counter as well since you don't need to town and/or leave the catacombs for it? What about if you had a group up and a random person joins, would that reset it? Would the MCC be for group play or strictly solo?

I feel like there would be so many moving parts that there would have to be a beta test realm and all gear/chars from main account would have to be transferred over to give Paul a better idea of how to implement it and see the raw data and numbers so he can calculate percentages of increases.

Voted Yes of course!
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll