d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Question About Crit
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,032.80
Apr 26 2022 10:42pm
So I noticed I had this sitting around and it got me thinking.
Does crit strike work on heals?
And also does anyone have the calculation to what that crit strike would equal in intel if I were to use it to cast?
I've been told approx 3 int per crit strike but I'd like to know

Rare darkwood staff

Level Req: 40
Damage: 44 to 119

+5 Critical Strike
+38% Heal Mastery

This post was edited by Outraged on Apr 26 2022 10:44pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 27 2022 03:43am
Crit does not work for heals

As far as int-crit ratio nobody really knows but it’s thought to be around 2-3 int per crit assuming you have high levels of intelligence
Gold: 8,672.68
Apr 27 2022 04:11am
Critical Strike, emphasis on STRIKE would imply that it does NOT include healing. However, Intelligence may apply to more chances of Double healing (or higher chance to Max Heal) ... not tested and only hearsay for now.

It seems people talk about 2-3 Intelligence for like X% chance to Critical Strike, thing is, they don't know either, it is also said that +1 Critical strike is equivalent to 5 intelligence, or like 5 str / dex for weapon crit chance, again not fully proven.

So, +1 Critical Strike = 0.01% chance to deal a critical strike (or 0.1%, so 10 Critical Strike could equal 1% chance ...)

I don't know, needs more testing with weapons to give more of a decisive answer before applying it to Intelligence for charms.
Apr 27 2022 04:46am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 27 2022 06:11am)
Critical Strike, emphasis on STRIKE would imply that it does NOT include healing. However, Intelligence may apply to more chances of Double healing (or higher chance to Max Heal) ... not tested and only hearsay for now.

It seems people talk about 2-3 Intelligence for like X% chance to Critical Strike, thing is, they don't know either, it is also said that +1 Critical strike is equivalent to 5 intelligence, or like 5 str / dex for weapon crit chance, again not fully proven.

So, +1 Critical Strike = 0.01% chance to deal a critical strike (or 0.1%, so 10 Critical Strike could equal 1% chance ...)

I don't know, needs more testing with weapons to give more of a decisive answer before applying it to Intelligence for charms.

Quote (Newb. @ Apr 27 2022 05:43am)
Crit does not work for heals

As far as int-crit ratio nobody really knows but it’s thought to be around 2-3 int per crit assuming you have high levels of intelligence

Ok thanks guys
I personally assumed it didn't work with heals I just wanted confirmation

But I guess what I'm getting at after that is, is there any form of calculation? Or is it all pretty much a shot in the dark?
I see crit strike Jacking up value on items. I figured there'd be a calculation to utilize.

And has anyone personally used crit strike over a atat and noticed an improvement?

This post was edited by Outraged on Apr 27 2022 04:46am
Gold: 109.47
Apr 27 2022 05:15am
i personally ran a test mind numb vs crit.

i found that mind numb hit alot more, because of the % chance. honestly i dont even recall crit making much of a diff.
but i dont know for sure, as i just ran it over levels 55-58 so my personal testing isnt a big enough range to give a solid answer.

just my experience for casting, i pref mind numb over crit.
Apr 27 2022 05:48am
Quote (iamRealms @ Apr 27 2022 07:15am)
i personally ran a test mind numb vs crit.

i found that mind numb hit alot more, because of the % chance. honestly i dont even recall crit making much of a diff.
but i dont know for sure, as i just ran it over levels 55-58 so my personal testing isnt a big enough range to give a solid answer.

just my experience for casting, i pref mind numb over crit.

So that's interesting.
But mind numb just lowers defense toward magical attacks doesn't it by reducing the targets intel (lowering msgic def)

I guess this is more to do with scaling that it does a raw stat.
but can't you calculate how much damage on average you gain per 1 crit?
I think I'm gonna do 5x test runs of 100 hits with no crit strike (same stats gear and level)
And then make some 1 crit glyphs. And repeat and see the average increase myself
Gold: 8,672.68
Apr 27 2022 02:55pm
Quote (Outraged @ Apr 27 2022 11:48pm)
So that's interesting.
But mind numb just lowers defense toward magical attacks doesn't it by reducing the targets intel (lowering msgic def)

I guess this is more to do with scaling that it does a raw stat.
but can't you calculate how much damage on average you gain per 1 crit?
I think I'm gonna do 5x test runs of 100 hits with no crit strike (same stats gear and level)
And then make some 1 crit glyphs. And repeat and see the average increase myself

Bighead may have more info on Charm + Crit Strike. The most intensive testing was only done with weapons that I was involved with a long time ago.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll