d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Samurai Help
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14.00
Apr 26 2022 04:13pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 26 Apr 2022 04:25)
75 Vita / Rest Dex (if you have daggers or go Str if using cheaper option Sword.) ... you basically need the vita to stay longer to charge up Multi Strike... no use dying (think this and leaving cata resets your charged up ability) and having to recharge the ability.

All weapon base damage has the same average damage (Tier/Level), the difference is the consistency. I like swords due to the higher end damage that occasionally happens when you need it and vice versa with lower end damage frustrating you.

Don't try to put in White items @ your level into a Well (you being level 12 and item being level 10), try to be 5 levels higher (this way you have more hit points if you start adding to vita from the beginning).

Grats on pass... also check the Damage Calculator to check dmg between your weapon types as well, you may find there isn't much difference other than consistency.

Vitality adds Hit points / Phys Def and for each 25 hard points, you get +1 Regen.
Someone has to also verify this (1 Vita Stat point = 1 hit point + 2 per character level), as I have forgotten the formula to work out hit points based on hard stat points and character level.

Thank you for the detailed information. I guess I will grind my barb a little now lol but will remember this for when I unlock samurai again!
Gold: 10,554.79
Apr 26 2022 05:12pm
Quote (0ppressed @ Apr 26 2022 12:19am)
should cast all classes.

Stacking int sounds right to me. :)
Gold: 1,932.80
Apr 26 2022 06:47pm
Quote (0ppressed @ Apr 26 2022 12:19am)
should cast all classes.

I actually go 60 int all classes personally and less vita
But I have a decent heal set.
Off cast without max mana is basically just living at the shrine
Gold: 19,156.34
Apr 26 2022 07:08pm
IF melee solo'ing, always use double strike skill. Even if its red/pink, the damage modifier on it is way higher than multistrike. Power strike helps too.

For vita, 75-80 PLUS whatever sneaky gives you, is normally a good range to make life a little easier on you. Specially passed lvl 75.

I dont use heal charms on solo, unless im casting.

Dont use ANY EE armors unless youre getting your teeth bashed in passed level 45. If thats the case, you need more vita/damage. Personally i use stat armors until lvl 70ish, depending on how high im going.

Dont off cast unless you have the good gear for it.

Buy fish/pick up items to toss in the shrine. Buy life regen gear. Big helpers.
Gold: 8,672.68
Apr 26 2022 07:34pm
Quote (Light_Prince @ Apr 27 2022 01:08pm)
IF melee solo'ing, always use double strike skill. Even if its red/pink, the damage modifier on it is way higher than multistrike. Power strike helps too.

For vita, 75-80 PLUS whatever sneaky gives you, is normally a good range to make life a little easier on you. Specially passed lvl 75.

I dont use heal charms on solo, unless im casting.

Dont use ANY EE armors unless youre getting your teeth bashed in passed level 45. If thats the case, you need more vita/damage. Personally i use stat armors until lvl 70ish, depending on how high im going.

Dont off cast unless you have the good gear for it.

Buy fish/pick up items to toss in the shrine. Buy life regen gear. Big helpers.

This is good advice (some of my game play bearing fruit :lol: ), so I will have to add to this a bit more.

Double Strike = Samurai Ability = less points added for better % charge up rate. Vs 2 is great BUT can not be used vs 1 monster. Also charges up when being hit (hence use stat armor instead of EE)
Power Strike = Off class ability charges up a little bit slower and has a % chance to charge up with a "Successful" Hit Check... 0 (zero) does not count. Vs 1 monster only

Retribution = Off class ability charges up the same speed as powerstrike, but charges up based on being hit... great vs 1 monster.

You can have all 3 if you want, but personally, only use 2 of abilities so you get faster charge up % to 2 abilities. Also, I would choose Dble strike + Retribution, especially when using Stat gear and not healing.
Gold: 19,156.34
Apr 26 2022 07:37pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 26 2022 09:34pm)
This is good advice (some of my game play bearing fruit :lol: ), so I will have to add to this a bit more.

Double Strike = Samurai Ability = less points added for better % charge up rate. Vs 2 is great BUT can not be used vs 1 monster. Also charges up when being hit (hence use stat armor instead of EE)
Power Strike = Off class ability charges up a little bit slower and has a % chance to charge up with a "Successful" Hit Check... 0 (zero) does not count. Vs 1 monster only

Retribution = Off class ability charges up the same speed as powerstrike, but charges up based on being hit... great vs 1 monster.

You can have all 3 if you want, but personally, only use 2 of abilities so you get faster charge up % to 2 abilities. Also, I would choose Dble strike + Retribution, especially when using Stat gear and not healing.

Double is actually a monk one, so itll be red until monk. However you reminded me of TwoHitBack, which is a sammy ability that charges on damage taken. Which i forgot i also use lol.
Gold: 8,672.68
Apr 26 2022 09:25pm
Quote (Light_Prince @ Apr 27 2022 01:37pm)
Double is actually a monk one, so itll be red until monk. However you reminded me of TwoHitBack, which is a sammy ability that charges on damage taken. Which i forgot i also use lol.

Yup, I was on my Sammy and realised my mistake... I just followed your lead... :lol:

Sorry OP (Original Poster), Two Hit Back is the Samurai Ability and Dble Strike being Monk... they charge up in the same manner.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll