d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D4 Will Be A D3 Clone
Prev13456721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 53,120.50
Jun 24 2022 09:02am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jun 14 2022 09:59am)
Average intelligence isn’t declining, it’s just that a higher number of dumbasses have a platform to stand on and yell than ever before. It may seem like people are getting dumber, but actually the dumb ones are just getting louder.

Flynn effect is reversing, look it up. Average intelligence IS declining.
Gold: 1,500.55
Jun 26 2022 02:20pm
Quote (AlakhaiDeMythos @ Jun 14 2022 07:09am)
I didnt agree with you at first but i am starting to agree more and more.

Endless resources and they come up with nothing.
The approach of itemization will lean towards d3 rather than d2 i think. Which is pathetic but makes sense.

The intelligence of mankind is declining. They cater to as many as possible.
D2 is to complex a game to make the kind of money theyre looking to make.

And it will be p2w, more or less

I wasted $$ on D3 multiple times! Thought I need to play it little more to give D3 a chance, lost months of my time and $$ buying it for console couple times I hate myself!!!! ;( Never again!

They don’t care about D2R D2 Fans, they care about how to make more $$ when “everyone” can play D4 which is similar to D3 mindless mess on the screen and ridiculous numbers! :O
Gold: 39,542.33
Jul 3 2022 05:43am
Quote (kayko @ Apr 19 2022 09:44pm)
Thx! Glad that someone enjoyed the post :)

D1 was designed as a turn-based game, after some text based RPG games (and maybe after some board games). The real-time aspect has been introduced later on in the development. And the same people developed D2, based on D1. Maybe that's because D1 and D2 are so good. Because they encapsulate and build on many years of game development that happened even before the PCs became a thing. And maybe the devs were very also lucky to put the things into the game that work well together, who knows...

D3 (and probably D4) is just a manager-caste designed game. It should be of this "genre", it should have so many classes, so many areas, it should have blood and the player should feel how epic the game is through the music and the lore. Now - go, develop this fucking game, you coding monkeys, daddy needs $$! No wonder it's so soulless and boring...

👏👏👏👏👏
Gold: 6.82
Warn: 60%
Jul 17 2022 12:33am
Quote (kayko @ Apr 20 2022 07:44am)
Thx! Glad that someone enjoyed the post :)

D1 was designed as a turn-based game, after some text based RPG games (and maybe after some board games). The real-time aspect has been introduced later on in the development. And the same people developed D2, based on D1. Maybe that's because D1 and D2 are so good. Because they encapsulate and build on many years of game development that happened even before the PCs became a thing. And maybe the devs were very also lucky to put the things into the game that work well together, who knows...

D3 (and probably D4) is just a manager-caste designed game. It should be of this "genre", it should have so many classes, so many areas, it should have blood and the player should feel how epic the game is through the music and the lore. Now - go, develop this fucking game, you coding monkeys, daddy needs $$! No wonder it's so soulless and boring...

yeah diablo 1 & 2 were Blizzard North
the Blizzard whos been dragging the Diablo name through the mud for the last few decades are not the same people
these guys are actually incapable of producing anything original or fun even with a huge a budget
its sad but true
Banned
Gold: 1,338.00
Warn: 40%
Jul 17 2022 04:19pm
Quote (B00MAN @ Jul 17 2022 02:33am)
the Blizzard whos been dragging the Diablo name through the mud for the last few decades are not the same people
these guys are actually incapable of producing anything original or fun even with a huge a budget
its sad but true

this t b h
Gold: 0.87
Jul 18 2022 03:25pm
Quote (B00MAN @ Jul 17 2022 02:33am)
its sad but true

Bringing back our youth years may not be within the power of either Blizzard North nor Activision, nor the fake blizzard people you speak of.

Our youth was filled with joy, and some of it was experienced through the Diablo 1 and 2 franchises.

If Blizzard were to ask us, ourselves we do not fully understand the reasons why we liked those games so much at the time.

Our liking of those games might have been a magical thought inspired by action figures/cartoons or perhaps a naive quest for power.

If you were to go back to playing Diablo 1 and 2, you would not enjoy it very much for reasons we fail to understand but, I suspect, are the same reasons why we hate D4.

This post was edited by KDACardano on Jul 18 2022 03:28pm
Jul 18 2022 03:32pm
Personally, the fact that my parents were constantly after me telling me not to play Diablo 1+2, and telling me it's a stupid hobby, plaid a fundamental role in me liking(and being addicted) to those games.

If it was risk-free(and readily available) to play, maybe I would not have enjoyed it so much.

You see, parents would like you to develop interests and activities that will be useful to you later on in life. This is why playing Diablo 1(that was useful to you in the present) was so exciting!

It is your parents that made it exciting! Because by telling you what's useful and what's not, you plaid it at the risk of throwing away your entire life!

Had your parents never told you it was useless, your interest(and liking of it) would have died.

This post was edited by KDACardano on Jul 18 2022 03:42pm
Jul 18 2022 03:51pm
See, parents need to play a role in reviving people's interest in the Diablo 4 franchise simply by scolding you saying that you will not be competitive on the job market if you play such bullshit!
Gold: 8,064.00
Jul 19 2022 05:55pm
looking forward to diablo 4 because some of the similarities to diablo 3. diablo 3 could have been a fantastic game if they didn't give you access to every skill, limited your stat point distribution, and basically handed you all your gear in the first 2 hours of playing the game.

if diablo 4 remedies the loot and skills, and builds on the end game content d3 started, i'll be happy.
Gold: 24,288.00
Jul 19 2022 06:14pm
Quote (oscob @ Jul 20 2022 01:55am)
looking forward to diablo 4 because some of the similarities to diablo 3. diablo 3 could have been a fantastic game if they didn't give you access to every skill, limited your stat point distribution, and basically handed you all your gear in the first 2 hours of playing the game.

if diablo 4 remedies the loot and skills, and builds on the end game content d3 started, i'll be happy.

Disagree.

The D3 mechanics prevents it from being a good game, regardless of skills / stats distribution.

Everybody can have a different opinion, of course.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev13456721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll