d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Ceramic Coating And Ppf
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,835.50
Trader: Trusted
Apr 9 2022 05:52pm
So I am deciding on whether I just want ceramic coating or both.

The question I have is if ceramic coating works by chemically bonding with paint how does it work over XPEL ultimate plus 10? And if it does actually work over PPF (“special ceramics” that are made for ppf like fusion plus) is the duration much less?

Thanks,

This post was edited by ArtofApocalypse on Apr 9 2022 06:08pm
Gold: 1,500.00
Apr 9 2022 07:56pm
no idea tbh

but i do know that the next new/newer truck i buy i will be having paint corrected and ceramic coated

probably best to talk to your local detailer that offers it and see if they can help u understand it
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,835.50
Apr 9 2022 08:18pm
Quote (KoJ @ Apr 9 2022 09:56pm)
no idea tbh

but i do know that the next new/newer truck i buy i will be having paint corrected and ceramic coated

probably best to talk to your local detailer that offers it and see if they can help u understand it

I am 100 sold on ceramic coating to make my life easier/benefit me.
Which is why I am looking for opinions on here because I am not entirely sold on PPF and if PPF reduces the effectiveness of ceramic or duration then meh.. (I will trade my c8 for a c9 so ~5 year ownership)

Yeah I have multiple quotes and information from each place around Raleigh, NC
Of course the detailers and the vendor websites (xpel, suntek, etc) all claim their ceramics work well with their ppf but each source has a financial incentive to say that :P

My c8 gets delivered in a month its about 1k for full ceramic (besides glass) and 1800 for a sort of track pack ppf (apillars, mirrors, headlights, fenders, hood, front bumper, rockers).

This post was edited by ArtofApocalypse on Apr 9 2022 08:22pm
Gold: 3,134.00
Apr 11 2022 10:02pm
There are coatings that are specifically designed for ppf. Atleast gyeon, Car Pro and gtechniq make them and propably many others. Im pretty sure they know how to make their stuff bond with their ppf. Normal off-the-shelf coatings might have durabilty issues

Ppf is to preserve and protect the paint. Coatings make your life easier making the Car super easy to clean.
Gold: 3,195.00
Apr 20 2022 11:53am
I went with a paint correction and ceramic on my car in my profile.

I don't really like PPF unless its for specific pieces like front bumper to protect from chips etc and possibly the hood. ( I actually had mine removed because it started to peel over time and looked just meh ).

Would you be willing to travel? I have a friend that owns a entire shop focused around detailing/ceramic coat and overall paint protection in Fayetteville.

Shop is Royalty Auto Spa NC.

If anything I'd recommend calling them as well.

I would like to note that if you do NOT get you're entire car PPF'd if you ever remove the PPF or over years in the sun the paint under the PPF and your uncovered parts could be different colors due to sun fading so be careful with that.

Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll