d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Stock Trading Or Investing
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 900.00
Apr 4 2022 07:37am
im looking to get into stock trading, i currently have 30,000 to invest into stock, i want to turn this into another full time job aside from my current company i am able to buy n sell all day long. any advice for a rookie would be much appreciated. websites to look into, stocks to play with etc. i am basically looking to invest my 35k and put a ton of labour work into flipping it. even advice outside of stocks is greatly appriciated. also if it helps i make about 300k to 500k a year and pay out about 75k to 280k so if i can use the 30k to start something i can also invest a larger portion once per year.
Gold: 4,200.69
Warn: 20%
Apr 4 2022 11:31am
Throw your money in $SPY if you dont know what to buy
Gold: 0.00
Apr 4 2022 01:30pm
Listen to one of the best in the game

Buy safe stocks and have patience wait atleast 5-15years then look back. Your 30,000 Will be much more.

Stocks is all about patience and buying good companys.

Gold: 6,487.96
Apr 4 2022 01:36pm
I wouldn't invest 30,000 into the stock market
Take 10,000 put that into the stock market. SPY like Pharaohmon said is a great option. It really depends how much risk you want to take but education is the most important thing. Also if I had to give investing advice, start with FAANG stocks, Tesla etc. Safer stocks. Educate yourself and then move them and diversify portfolio
Take 10,000 put it into crypto. FTM, AVAX, PYG are great starts
Take 10,000 put it into a mutual fund account managed by an expert
You don't need to do those exact numbers but I think you get the point. Multiple streams of income. And you'll probably find out that it's easier to do a mutual fund account and have someone manage your assets for you
Gold: 1.00
Apr 4 2022 02:53pm
Quote (impulse155 @ Apr 4 2022 01:36pm)
I wouldn't invest 30,000 into the stock market
Take 10,000 put that into the stock market. SPY like Pharaohmon said is a great option. It really depends how much risk you want to take but education is the most important thing. Also if I had to give investing advice, start with FAANG stocks, Tesla etc. Safer stocks. Educate yourself and then move them and diversify portfolio
Take 10,000 put it into crypto. FTM, AVAX, PYG are great starts
Take 10,000 put it into a mutual fund account managed by an expert
You don't need to do those exact numbers but I think you get the point. Multiple streams of income. And you'll probably find out that it's easier to do a mutual fund account and have someone manage your assets for you

Mutual fund managers typically underperform and have higher fees than a simple S&P500 ETF. There's really no point in using them. They offer little advice on asset location, and their asset allocation is typically a basket of stocks that resembles several indexes to the point where they usually use a blended benchmark based on those relevant indexes to measure their own performance off of.
Gold: 7,840.00
Apr 4 2022 05:45pm
Quote (SBD @ Apr 4 2022 04:53pm)
Mutual fund managers typically underperform and have higher fees than a simple S&P500 ETF. There's really no point in using them. They offer little advice on asset location, and their asset allocation is typically a basket of stocks that resembles several indexes to the point where they usually use a blended benchmark based on those relevant indexes to measure their own performance off of.

If one's not into that and don't want to get into that because he knows he'll freak out and just want to look at it every f ing hour if not 5 minutes... seconds? What do you offer for advice in this particular situation?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 4 2022 06:09pm
From what you describe sounds like you want something more hands on and to be actively involved. You would probably like day trading or swing trading but I would caution you from being suckered into purchasing any programs that are going to pop up the moment you punch that into a google search.

If you're going down the trading route risk small because you're going to lose (prepare to lose a lot at the beginning). Risk management is going to keep you alive in this game. Sounds like you have sufficient income to replenish the $30k if you blow up, but ideally you don't want to blow up lol.

If I misunderstood and you're looking to dump $30k into a basket of stocks then yeah find an ETF or research some stocks/companies you are familiar with, dump your money there and check back in 10 years

This post was edited by RatM on Apr 4 2022 06:09pm
Gold: 900.00
Apr 4 2022 06:57pm
Quote (RatM @ Apr 4 2022 09:09pm)
From what you describe sounds like you want something more hands on and to be actively involved. You would probably like day trading or swing trading but I would caution you from being suckered into purchasing any programs that are going to pop up the moment you punch that into a google search.

If you're going down the trading route risk small because you're going to lose (prepare to lose a lot at the beginning). Risk management is going to keep you alive in this game. Sounds like you have sufficient income to replenish the $30k if you blow up, but ideally you don't want to blow up lol.

If I misunderstood and you're looking to dump $30k into a basket of stocks then yeah find an ETF or research some stocks/companies you are familiar with, dump your money there and check back in 10 years

exactly what i would like is to be glued to the computer or computers buying and trading all day long
Gold: 4,200.69
Warn: 20%
Apr 4 2022 07:27pm
Quote (KGFraming @ Apr 4 2022 05:57pm)
exactly what i would like is to be glued to the computer or computers buying and trading all day long

Start learning how to daytrade

Start small
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 4 2022 07:43pm
Quote (KGFraming @ 4 Apr 2022 17:57)

Yep if that’s what you want then day trading is for you! Arguably the hardest and a very mentally taxing way of pulling money out of the markets. But if you take it seriously it’s def possible to succeed.

I’m personally a fan of swing trading just because I can’t nor do I want to sit on my computer all day scalping.

The beginning into this process is going to be challenging. You’re going to need to need to set up and learn trading platforms, scanners etc. Start watching markets everyday and learning technical analysis. I would say since you’re new look up B The Story or Chat With Traders on YouTube. They both interview traders listen to what they have to say. Create a twitter (huge atmosphere for trading/stocks), follow other successful traders and start networking (join a discord room). Trading is a lonely endeavor so make friends! I recommend looking up @Switterman on twitter, he is a great day trader and tweets regularly his trades.

Last advice the people who are pushing you to buy something 9 out of 10 times is because they can’t make any money from the market
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll