d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Keep Getting Bsod With This Error On New Laptop
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2022 10:54pm
i recently picked up this new gaming laptop: https://www.costco.com/msi-ge76-raider-gaming-laptop---11th-gen-intel-core-i7-11800h---geforce-rtx-3060---144hz-1080p.product.100763831.html

Boots up quick, was playing lost ark fine, runescape fine (not very demanding), but i got a problem when playing D2R just now. I keep getting BSOD with error VIDOE SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR. My video drivers are up to date on NVIDIA Geforce Experience. Could it be faulty driver update? About to restart windows updates now and test and will revert back, but it is concerning to me considering the laptop is new and it cost a decent amount of money.

Could the card itself internally be faulty?
Gold: 0.00
Mar 26 2022 01:09am
I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them... crashed. I reverted back my drivers to the last patch instead of current to see if maybe the latest drivers are faulty.... still crashed in D2R. I did a check disk for errors, and there are none (PC is brand new, wouldn't expect errors). Disabled antivirus to see if that might be an issue.

I can replicate the problem each time in Diablo 2 Remaster... in act 2 if i play normal HD it will eventually crash, but if I hit "g" and revert to the old graphics and walk around in town or on Far Oasis (crashed in far oasis every time, can replicate).

My only last resort is doing a factory PC reset and if that doesn't work, returning the laptop for a new one. I would imagine if it were the card, I probably wouldn't be able to play any other games or even boot into windows, no? Not sure why its struggling so hard to run D2R.... this is a pain especially since I just got htis computer a week ago....
Gold: 24,401.00
Mar 26 2022 09:40pm
either you have an issue you can fix with your configuration on ur ram/cpu/battery/power settings or your graphics card is faulty. the fact that its only happening with d2r maybe its something u can fix yourself but you will need more testing and more info on your specs. check and see if you are in discrete gpu mode. also try reinstalling d2r if you havent already and updating all ur software and what not.

This post was edited by UsEr_SeLeCtEd on Mar 26 2022 09:41pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll