d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Subs
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 729.00
Mar 17 2022 07:05am
ive heard that i shouldnt use use 2x 12s

they say i should use 10s

i like dubstep, trance, and emo punk rock shit.

discuss.

what kind of speakers and what size?

tweeters? i need the full set up.

Toyota Tacoma 2021 4door
Gold: 0.00
Mar 17 2022 09:16am
Generic advice that doesn't really hold up on the sizes.

Your biggest size determination for you is simply the amount of space you have to place a subwoofer.

Are you wanting them discrete and under the seat or just throw a box in the back seat? This will determine the subwoofer you go with pretty heavily.

Looks like the doors will be 6 1/2 inch or 6 3/4 inch for all 4. 6x9 is an option in the front, but 4 matching would be my recommendation.

Two in the dash are 2 3/4 inch. These can simply be unhooked, replaced with midwoofers, or replaced with standalone tweeters. For simplicity sake i'd say just unhook them as your new 4 door speakers will do fine without them.

2-way/3-way/4-way/components all have tweeters built into their system so you don't need other tweeters.

You're also going to need a price range here because head units, subs,speakers, and amplifiers all have huge ranges in price depending on quality and power.
Mar 17 2022 10:00am
Quote (Subwoofer @ Mar 17 2022 08:16am)
Generic advice that doesn't really hold up on the sizes.

Your biggest size determination for you is simply the amount of space you have to place a subwoofer.

Are you wanting them discrete and under the seat or just throw a box in the back seat? This will determine the subwoofer you go with pretty heavily.

Looks like the doors will be 6 1/2 inch or 6 3/4 inch for all 4. 6x9 is an option in the front, but 4 matching would be my recommendation.

Two in the dash are 2 3/4 inch. These can simply be unhooked, replaced with midwoofers, or replaced with standalone tweeters. For simplicity sake i'd say just unhook them as your new 4 door speakers will do fine without them.

2-way/3-way/4-way/components all have tweeters built into their system so you don't need other tweeters.

You're also going to need a price range here because head units, subs,speakers, and amplifiers all have huge ranges in price depending on quality and power.

i would prefer discrete. wether under or behind the seats.

i have about 5k to dump into this project
Mar 17 2022 10:20am
Quote (Tentacle @ Mar 17 2022 11:00am)
i would prefer discrete. wether under or behind the seats.

i have about 5k to dump into this project

For the sub you have a couple routes to go. Custom work or drop in. Prices probably gonna be the same-ish, but with more performance out of the custom work.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ic41Ps55EGn/p_13694654/JL-Audio-Stealthbox.html this would be the drop in

Something along these lines is the custom way. You would want to contract a box from a builder. You may be able to contact this guy for build specs.

Your budget should be more than enough for what you want.

For the head unit are you wanting gps? Most people tend to use their phones so this is somewhat optional and money saving if you want to forgo it.
Mar 17 2022 10:36am
Quote (Subwoofer @ Mar 17 2022 09:20am)
For the sub you have a couple routes to go. Custom work or drop in. Prices probably gonna be the same-ish, but with more performance out of the custom work.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ic41Ps55EGn/p_13694654/JL-Audio-Stealthbox.html this would be the drop in

Something along these lines is the custom way. You would want to contract a box from a builder. You may be able to contact this guy for build specs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Ok2lFXgg

Your budget should be more than enough for what you want.

For the head unit are you wanting gps? Most people tend to use their phones so this is somewhat optional and money saving if you want to forgo it.

i have a pop socket thing installed on the dash, i just my phone right here because i run my spotify through the phone anyway
Mar 17 2022 12:28pm
GPS and satellite radio are the two big markups on the head unit so if you don't care for those it cuts out hundreds of dollars on this item alone.

I assume you want amplified door speakers, correct? There are options for components(midwoofer is completely separate from the tweeter) or all in one setups. Components are nice but require mounting tweeters by cutting on your door panels to make new 1-2 inch slots.

Simplicity wise they are a bit more difficult due to extra wiring and mounting, but they offer more high end options as components over 2/3/4 way speakers.

We can do the head unit/door speakers/4 way amp without dealing with the subwoofers yet if you simply want to get started. Just need to know door speaker preference and amplifier preference. components or coaxial speakers and amp or no amp. I suggest amplifier of course but it depends on if you want to rewire all your speakers or not.
Mar 17 2022 05:08pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Mar 17 2022 11:28am)
GPS and satellite radio are the two big markups on the head unit so if you don't care for those it cuts out hundreds of dollars on this item alone.

I assume you want amplified door speakers, correct? There are options for components(midwoofer is completely separate from the tweeter) or all in one setups. Components are nice but require mounting tweeters by cutting on your door panels to make new 1-2 inch slots.

Simplicity wise they are a bit more difficult due to extra wiring and mounting, but they offer more high end options as components over 2/3/4 way speakers.

We can do the head unit/door speakers/4 way amp without dealing with the subwoofers yet if you simply want to get started. Just need to know door speaker preference and amplifier preference. components or coaxial speakers and amp or no amp. I suggest amplifier of course but it depends on if you want to rewire all your speakers or not.

i as thking about putting the tweeters in the panel in between the door and windshield. iv done it before. cut a hole, filled the gaps wwith foam cotton, and screed it back on, worked well in a 92 camaro lol
Mar 17 2022 05:29pm
Quote (Tentacle @ Mar 17 2022 06:08pm)
i as thking about putting the tweeters in the panel in between the door and windshield. iv done it before. cut a hole, filled the gaps wwith foam cotton, and screed it back on, worked well in a 92 camaro lol

You'll need to do something similar in the back door panels if you do 4 components.

If you want to go that route i'll start looking.

Yes to the 4 channel amplifier as well?
Mar 17 2022 05:30pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Mar 17 2022 04:29pm)
You'll need to do something similar in the back door panels if you do 4 components.

If you want to go that route i'll start looking.

Yes to the 4 channel amplifier as well?

naturally <3
Mar 17 2022 05:35pm
Quote (Tentacle @ Mar 17 2022 06:30pm)
naturally <3

also USA or?

I honestly don't know how well the market is doing right now with all the shortages so it might take a bit of shopping around.
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll