d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > This Game Doesn't Look Promising
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,794.00
Mar 2 2022 02:04am
Well when d4 sucks at least we didn't wait through 12 years of hype just to get a skinned champions of norath or elderscrolls game (yes im mocking diablo 3) so it has to be better than 3.

I think I am the only person alone that wants to see a Diablo 1 remastered before all this other junk, that would be amazing for true og players.

I'd settle if they would just finishing the dam standerd of heros before adding and making all the new stuff lol.
Gold: 1,420.00
Mar 2 2022 05:28am
Quote (Wolnirr @ 5 Feb 2022 02:08)
I have played Diablo since the day Diablo 1 came out, I absolutely fell in love with that game the atmosphere is unequalled in gaming and Diablo basically made all the coined and stapled themes of the genre,

Diablo 2 comes in and there is an improvement of the STAPLE formula

With leveling up and putting stats in those big red buttons and skills coming at a singular pace even though skills went from being obtainable to class specific but erm.

My point is in Diablo 3 this WHOLE formula is lost
There is mathematically, and Objective reason 1 and 2 are better
It's because the first 2 games used additional math as opposed to 3 using multiplicative. The stat points are gone and the entirety of the game is reduced to re upping on more primary stats

( But it's off the wall though ) this new armor piece gives me 800 more intelligence (it's energy motherfucker) and suddenly I do 200 million mm ore damage these numbers are literally incalculable.

The SHEER FACT, that they are a lil ashamed of Diablo immortal and that she fiasco but they've never came out and said "hey we're sorry we insulted your intelligence as well as copied another gea artstyle while on a masterbatory level just looked up stuff about Diablo 1 and nostalgia pandered like they'll like this and we're sorry"

It doesn't have to be like that, but there has never been any real cracking of the whip and I'ma be real I'm just going to say if you don't agree you don't honestly love this game and you should just get back to the trade forums before we have a trivia quiz and see who's clearly using Google to reply faster Holmes.

I love Diablo, but it's an understatement to say "it should be like 2" it should be it's own game but I need to know that they know they done goofed or I won't just not waste my money I'll hate y'all for it.
That's what's expected when you bastardize something please don't do this again like in Diablo 3.

there are some very clear reasons behind this. As most people on here probably know it's simply not the the same people behind D1/2 and D3. One would argue it's not even the same company. I personally have loved the Blizz North take on RPG and despised Blizzard South games since the begining.

To me Westwood's RTS were better and more inspired than Blizzard's, who only polished certain mechanics and introduced their shitty cartoony art style. Even starcraft was lining up to be absolute dogshit until the devs realized AoE and TA were gonna take the genre to the next level and decided to get to work.

Most early MMO's were more interesting and inspired than WoW. I dont give a shit that the mainstream casual gamers suddenly discovered hot water and decided paying a monthly sub was cool when WoW came around.

Don't even get me started on Hearthstone HotS or Overwatch...

Blizzard South has only ever been good at packaging other people's ideas into a frictionless experience for the casual gamer (which is where the money has always been).

Just read David Craddock's (on going) trilogy if you want to know more but it's all expained in there. Meanwhile people like Brevik went the pixel art indie route after a couple of failures and don't seem like they have the same kind of energy and general hunger as they had in the 90's (understandable).

D1 and D2 were a moment in time and it all got destroyed when Blizz North got destroyed. Worst part is the original version of D3 looked like it was gonna be bad ass, based on the few bits of info and screenshots out there.
Gold: 40,000.00
Mar 2 2022 08:00am
D4 will be game of the year and win many many awards for years to come, you’re all just jelly haters
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 2 2022 03:32pm
Quote (JahIthBear @ Mar 2 2022 06:00am)
D4 will be game of the year and win many many awards for years to come, you’re all just jelly haters

no Lost Ark >
Gold: 117.00
Mar 2 2022 07:17pm
Quote (Starro @ Mar 2 2022 05:32pm)
no Lost Ark >

Terrible
Gold: 0.00
Mar 4 2022 04:14pm
Quote (Wolnirr @ Feb 4 2022 08:08pm)
I have played Diablo since the day Diablo 1 came out, I absolutely fell in love with that game the atmosphere is unequalled in gaming and Diablo basically made all the coined and stapled themes of the genre,

Diablo 2 comes in and there is an improvement of the STAPLE formula

With leveling up and putting stats in those big red buttons and skills coming at a singular pace even though skills went from being obtainable to class specific but erm.

My point is in Diablo 3 this WHOLE formula is lost
There is mathematically, and Objective reason 1 and 2 are better
It's because the first 2 games used additional math as opposed to 3 using multiplicative. The stat points are gone and the entirety of the game is reduced to re upping on more primary stats

( But it's off the wall though ) this new armor piece gives me 800 more intelligence (it's energy motherfucker) and suddenly I do 200 million mm ore damage these numbers are literally incalculable.

The SHEER FACT, that they are a lil ashamed of Diablo immortal and that she fiasco but they've never came out and said "hey we're sorry we insulted your intelligence as well as copied another gea artstyle while on a masterbatory level just looked up stuff about Diablo 1 and nostalgia pandered like they'll like this and we're sorry"

It doesn't have to be like that, but there has never been any real cracking of the whip and I'ma be real I'm just going to say if you don't agree you don't honestly love this game and you should just get back to the trade forums before we have a trivia quiz and see who's clearly using Google to reply faster Holmes.

I love Diablo, but it's an understatement to say "it should be like 2" it should be it's own game but I need to know that they know they done goofed or I won't just not waste my money I'll hate y'all for it.
That's what's expected when you bastardize something please don't do this again like in Diablo 3.

21 join date, whats your original jsp?
Gold: 6.01
Warn: 60%
Mar 4 2022 06:55pm
Quote (InsideMeme @ Mar 2 2022 09:04pm)
Well when d4 sucks at least we didn't wait through 12 years of hype just to get a skinned champions of norath or elderscrolls game (yes im mocking diablo 3) so it has to be better than 3.

I think I am the only person alone that wants to see a Diablo 1 remastered before all this other junk, that would be amazing for true og players.

I'd settle if they would just finishing the dam standerd of heros before adding and making all the new stuff lol.

imagine if they remastered D1
they would completely ruin it forever
they would find a way to catch our nostalgia and then CRUSH it
so that any good memory we had is now a bad memory of a new remaster
exactly what they've done to D2 & D2r
Banned
Gold: 1,338.00
Warn: 40%
Mar 21 2022 04:42pm
Quote (B00MAN @ Mar 4 2022 08:55pm)
imagine if they remastered D1
they would completely ruin it forever
they would find a way to catch our nostalgia and then CRUSH it
so that any good memory we had is now a bad memory of a new remaster
exactly what they've done to D2 & D2r

:banana:
Gold: 4,496.00
Mar 21 2022 07:07pm
Quote (InsideMeme @ Mar 2 2022 03:04am)

“Fresh Meat” from D1 still haunts me to this day. As he killed you so fast. 100 times.

This post was edited by Yuyuhakasho66 on Mar 21 2022 07:09pm
Gold: 1,794.00
Mar 21 2022 07:10pm
They couldn't break d1 if remade it like d2, and d2 Res is actually a solid game it's just the community that is cancer
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll