d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > New Endgame: Dungeon Created With Torches
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 24 2022 10:49am
Quote (Motordead @ Jan 24 2022 09:23am)
With all the recent posts about more/better endgame:

What would you think of a dungeon that could be opened by fusing several (like 3-5) torches? (Has to be determined how, as you cant put more than one in your cube yet, maybe make the standart of heroes into a tool that can do it on a shared stash tab)

When i recently decided to quit (for now) i had several torches just clogging my stash and really nothing to do with them (cant really sell 12/14 assa torches).

Doing ubers is kind of the only "endgame" right now, imo, but once i had obtained reasonably high torches for my chars it wasnt really fun anymore.

So why not make a new dungeon that is created by consuming those torches?

It would give farming ubers more meaning, increase the whole keys/organs economy and at least extend that branch of endgame for a little bit. There are already some cool uber-builds outside the standard smiter, but "only" farming torches seems kinda dull.

The new dungeon could be anything, like an area with high density/high tc mobs, some new bosses or whatever for farming items. I personally would like it if a token of transmogrification could be acquired there, since i enjoy the idea of styling my champs as some further means of endgame. (transmog in the form of consuming one item and applying its appearence to an item of the same class, as long as not hostiled. This would also give some purpose to several unused but cool-looking uniques)

Sounds like d3... So just go play that?

Edit: just give those torches to randoms. Bam found a use for your trash

This post was edited by AnthroWolphie on Jan 24 2022 10:50am
Gold: 10,505.50
Jan 24 2022 10:50am
It should be a total of so many attributes and stats

like 60 to 100 for res and attributes each.

This helps keep the price torches in line with their rolls (minus the type of class)

Or change the type of dungeon/loot based on the type of torch used and you can only use one class so all pally torches for example and the more total attributes/res changes drop rates or tiers for rolling on the item they add to the game. The item could be an anni but then having all of one class is dumb because the drop will always be the same.

Quote (AnthroWolphie @ 24 Jan 2022 10:49)
Sounds like d3... So just go play that?

How so? Using a unique item to spawn a portal in the cube sounds more like d2 to me tbh

This post was edited by lamens on Jan 24 2022 10:57am
Jan 24 2022 10:56am
Quote (lamens @ Jan 24 2022 11:50am)
It should be a total of so many attributes and stats

like 60 to 100 for res and attributes each.

This helps keep the price torches in line with their rolls (minus the type of class)

How so? Using a unique item to spawn a portal in the cube sounds more like d2 to me tbh

Quote (Motordead @ Jan 24 2022 09:23am)
With all the recent posts about more/better endgame:

What would you think of a dungeon that could be opened by fusing several (like 3-5) torches? (Has to be determined how, as you cant put more than one in your cube yet, maybe make the standart of heroes into a tool that can do it on a shared stash tab)

When i recently decided to quit (for now) i had several torches just clogging my stash and really nothing to do with them (cant really sell 12/14 assa torches).

Doing ubers is kind of the only "endgame" right now, imo, but once i had obtained reasonably high torches for my chars it wasnt really fun anymore.

So why not make a new dungeon that is created by consuming those torches?

It would give farming ubers more meaning, increase the whole keys/organs economy and at least extend that branch of endgame for a little bit. There are already some cool uber-builds outside the standard smiter, but "only" farming torches seems kinda dull.

The new dungeon could be anything, like an area with high density/high tc mobs, some new bosses or whatever for farming items. I personally would like it if a token of transmogrification could be acquired there, since i enjoy the idea of styling my champs as some further means of endgame. (transmog in the form of consuming one item and applying its appearence to an item of the same class, as long as not hostiled. This would also give some purpose to several unused but cool-looking uniques)

Rifts...
Gold: 1,414.00
Jan 24 2022 11:05am
Quote (AnthroWolphie @ Jan 24 2022 05:56pm)
Rifts...

Im not sure how rifts work, didnt play d3 long enough. I just like the idea of a not so easily accesible, reasonably rewarding farmeable area with a guaranteed consumeable reward (to keep inflation at bay) that has no impact on actual gameplay. If thats how rifts work, i see nothing wrong with it. Still would be a very long shot from turning d2 into d3?
Gold: 10,505.50
Quote (AnthroWolphie @ 24 Jan 2022 10:56)
Rifts...

Rifts have endless scaling and are the only way to magic find/level up in the endgame of d3 and doesn't consume items like ubers or this would. People still have to farm the torches required to spawn this area (good look spamming this dungeon to magic find/farm)

I thought this would feel more like ubers (would u say urbers are like rifts?)

But i never heard of this transmogrification stuff and that i can agree with you on lol
Gold: 3,351.37
5x separate character torches
Mandatory 20/20 stats
1x soh
1x tp scroll
Gold: 3,677.00
Jan 24 2022 11:17am
Quote (Motordead @ Jan 24 2022 10:52am)
Why not transmog? People are allready paying more for different styles (Barb/Druid hats), so expanding upon that could be fun

I prefer having the appearance value tied to the initial item roll.

With transmog anyone gets any look with much less effort.
Gold: 1,414.00
Jan 24 2022 11:26am
Quote (MeatballMike @ Jan 24 2022 06:17pm)
I prefer having the appearance value tied to the initial item roll.

With transmog anyone gets any look with much less effort.

Well it would still be some effort, since you would need to use some torches (i like the idea lamens brought up with it requiring a certain amount of stat/res points), which people would only start doing once torch-prices have dropped enough. And then you would need to be able to clear the dungeon
Gold: 57,590.69
Jan 24 2022 11:31am
Yes to the transmog idea. Shako looks awful, I'd rather have it look like gface or something
Jan 24 2022 02:01pm
Quote (Motordead @ Jan 24 2022 12:05pm)
Im not sure how rifts work, didnt play d3 long enough. I just like the idea of a not so easily accesible, reasonably rewarding farmeable area with a guaranteed consumeable reward (to keep inflation at bay) that has no impact on actual gameplay. If thats how rifts work, i see nothing wrong with it. Still would be a very long shot from turning d2 into d3?

You'd love Diablo 3 I can tell..
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll