d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Associated Press Is A Spunk Rag
Prev18910111220Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Jan 24 2022 09:55am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 24 2022 07:11am)
I'm not a racist, but I think authorities should extract DNA from people to determine their ancestry and then kill them if they are from a race I don't like
I mean
I'm not a racist, but I think doctors should determine people's race on their medical forms and then deny them life-saving treatment if they're from a race I don't like

When you have to lie and can't come within 10 feet of addressing the argument it usually means you're full of shit
Gold: 57.00
Jan 24 2022 09:58am
Quote (WiziLiCe @ 24 Jan 2022 08:06)
I got quite the opposite impression out of this exchange.

Two wrongs don't make a right. You're not sensibly justified to solve previous racial discrimination effects with more racial discrimination.

'im not actually racist', :rolleyes:

yeah thor got all emotional and bamboozled hard. reported a bunch of posts and probably rage pms pm’d goom

inb4 thor’s typical repressed frustrated homophobic retort
Gold: 5.00
Jan 24 2022 12:58pm
It sounds like they're having to triage due to limited resources, and that they're taking into consideration racial disparities in health outcomes as part of the scoring. I'm unclear about what the reported issue is.
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 24 2022 01:38pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jan 24 2022 10:58am)
It sounds like they're having to triage due to limited resources, and that they're taking into consideration racial disparities in health outcomes as part of the scoring. I'm unclear about what the reported issue is.

The issue is that white people don't fall into the correct "racial disparities" column
Jan 24 2022 01:40pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jan 24 2022 11:38am)
The issue is that white people don't fall into the correct "racial disparities" column

Which is interesting because if Covid "isn't that serious" or is "less deadly than the common cold", then does it matter even if there were racial discrimination at play?

Really makes you think.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jan 24 2022 02:03pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 24 Jan 2022 20:40)
Which is interesting because if Covid "isn't that serious" or is "less deadly than the common cold", then does it matter even if there were racial discrimination at play?

Really makes you think.

You should be smart enough to realize the danger of normalizing brazen racial discrimination. And as this thread shows, there's a much deeper issue at the root of the debates surrounding this specific case: whether unequal outcomes without proof for a causal/etiological relationship should be enough to justify state-sanctioned counter-discrimination which will inevitably create new injustices.

Basically, this case right here toughes upon one of the most central and consequential disagreements between left and right these days: equality vs equity; whether society should strive for equal opportunity or for equality of outcomes; whether a difference in outcomes along racial/gender or economic lines should be treated as indicative of injustice or discrimination in and off itself; and of course which lengths the state and public institutions should be allowed to go to in their quest to move toward a more "just" society.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jan 24 2022 02:17pm
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 24 2022 02:09pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jan 24 2022 12:58pm)

The issue is that people are being denied live-saving care on the basis of their skin color. Triaging limited resources makes sense, discriminating based on race does not. Using outcomes- not causal relationships- to justify discriminatory policies isn't permissible in the rest of society, why should it be here? Targeting black people for stop and frisk was unconstitutional discrimination even if statistics supported it as an effective use of resources. We don't get to make an exception that says, well, everyone knows the blacks commit all the crimes, and the science supports it, and it would save more lives overall. Its still depriving people of their fair treatment based on their skin color, which is a violation of equal protection.
Jan 24 2022 02:13pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 24 2022 12:03pm)
You should be smart enough to realize the danger of normalizing brazen racial discrimination. And as this thread shows, there's a much deeper issue at the root of the debates surrounding this specific case: whether unequal outcomes without proof for a causal/etiological relationship should be enough to justify state-sanctioned counter-discrimination which will inevitably create new injustices.

Basically, this case right here toughes upon one of the most central and consequential disagreement between left and right these days: equality vs equity; whether society should strive for equal opportunity or for equality of outcomes; whether a difference in outcomes along racial/gender or economic lines should be treated as indicative of injustice or discrimination in and off itself; and of course which lengths the state and public institutions should be allowed to go to in their quest to move toward a more "just" society.

Sorry that I am too dumb to understand.
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 24 2022 02:15pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 24 2022 12:03pm)

Basically, this case right here toughes upon one of the most central and consequential disagreement between left and right these days: equality vs equity; whether society should strive for equal opportunity or for equality of outcomes; whether a difference in outcomes along racial/gender or economic lines should be treated as indicative of injustice or discrimination in and off itself; and of course which lengths the state and public institutions should be allowed to go to in their quest to move toward a more "just" society.

agree with this..
And I think there is no way US can sustain the looking over minority problems anymore..
The correction is causing mass conservative outrage, while leaving the status quo is causing mass liberal outrage.

Jan 24 2022 02:18pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 24 2022 12:09pm)
The issue is that people are being denied live-saving care on the basis of their skin color. Triaging limited resources makes sense, discriminating based on race does not. Using outcomes- not causal relationships- to justify discriminatory policies isn't permissible in the rest of society, why should it be here? Targeting black people for stop and frisk was unconstitutional discrimination even if statistics supported it as an effective use of resources. We don't get to make an exception that says, well, everyone knows the blacks commit all the crimes, and the science supports it, and it would save more lives overall. Its still depriving people of their fair treatment based on their skin color, which is a violation of equal protection.

Do you feel there's health outcome disparities that exist among people based off of race?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111220Next
Closed New Topic New Poll