d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Pvp N00bs Look At The Facts
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44,713.24
Jan 23 2022 11:29am
Quote (devilslayer @ Jan 23 2022 07:55am)
PvMers talking shit to PvPers is insanely cringe..... PvP is and has been the only challenge in D2 for 20 years.

Especially when it is unsolicited.

Do you know how cringe this is? Dude was probablyl crying and fighting himself all night and mustered up the courage to right this.

Nobody:
Absolutely Nobody on earth:
Mystic_PizzA: PvM is better than PvP, oh let it be so!!!!

I hate when 06s get hard like they aren't actually garbo new players. Sit.

fucking CRINGE

This post was edited by L8z. on Jan 23 2022 11:31am
Gold: 86.38
Warn: 10%
Jan 23 2022 11:31am
Noone on D2JSP is any good at dueling anyway. Small sheltered circle. It's the by product of decades of dueling the same shitty people all the time while stroking each others egos.

Like fishing in a polluted pond.
Gold: 14,050.05
Jan 23 2022 11:31am
I think the pvp community should have a little more respect for the pvm community for constantly supplying them with items over the years.

Who is collecting all the crafting mats for you to craft your godly pvp items? It sure isn't the pvpers and it sure isn't the botters because nobody bots for craft mats. That leaves one group. Pvmers. No, pvm isn't a challenge, but it's necessary. Pvp doesn't exist without pvm. At the same time nobody is buying your gg finds without pvp.
Gold: 689.78
Jan 23 2022 11:33am
Quote (SpAz. @ Jan 23 2022 12:25pm)
This just shows your bias. USEAST NONLADDER maybe have 50-100 people dueling on D2legacy today. That's today, after D2r is available.

The d2 pvp scene in 2003-2016 on eur/east/west was so much bigger than you seem to grasp. Im not saying >51% of d2s player base was active duellers, but a great deal of players who stuck around for over 2-3 weeks or played every second ladder reset for a week or two DID atleast somewhat duell. maybe 1% took it as serious as the guys in Legit Dueling of today. but that 1% is still a huge number of players in peak d2 day.

It's not as black or white as you make it to be. How is it that my perspective (pvper, long time bnet player) means im raising "anecdotal evidence and opinions", while you, so obviously coming from the opposite community, (speedrunner/mrllamasc/plugy singleplayer grail farmer) speak "objective facts"?

get the fuck over yourself scrub.

one opinion is backed by statistics and one is your own personal opinion. i don't care about streamers or speedruns but they were clearly the reason Blizzard took interest in d2 again. Why are 0 PVP players being used to announce new stuff? Why are dev streams hosted by llama or dbrunski? Right from blizz own mouth they're telling you why they made d2r and who they see as leaders of the community. we all know on jsp that llama and dbrunski are mid-tier, possibly upper-mid-tier players. they bring awareness though which let us get d2r for our own reasons. pvp is important to pvp players only. it had 0 to do with d2r getting made. what is hard to understand about that?
Gold: 333,310.63
Jan 23 2022 11:34am
Anyone who thinks D2 would've been as great without the dedicated pvp community, look at how well Diablo III is doing in 2022.

Quote (VickIsSick07 @ 23 Jan 2022 18:31)
I think the pvp community should have a little more respect for the pvm community for constantly supplying them with items over the years.

Who is collecting all the crafting mats for you to craft your godly pvp items? It sure isn't the pvpers and it sure isn't the botters because nobody bots for craft mats. That leaves one group. Pvmers. No, pvm isn't a challenge, but it's necessary. Pvp doesn't exist without pvm. At the same time nobody is buying your gg finds without pvp.

I agree with this. and also, I may identify as a pvper and trader in d2 bnet, but I enjoy some solo selffound single player myself and have attempted a grail myself on plugy. Theres no contradiction between liking pvp and also liking pvm.
Quote (Mystic_Bardock @ 23 Jan 2022 18:33)
Why are 0 PVP players being used to announce new stuff? Why are dev streams hosted by llama or dbrunski?

Because they're a company that is about making money. The majority of players do not PvP. How can you not get this through your head that I agree that PvP scene is a minority?!
It's still a very important one and a huge reason for d2s longevity. Look at the changes in the patch notes, there are several that shows them having pvp in their thought process. Not as their number 1 priority, but it's there.
How can you be so daft its beyond me.
go play d3 cu

This post was edited by SpAz. on Jan 23 2022 11:37am
Gold: 30,000.00
Jan 23 2022 11:37am
Tell me that you guys played d2 for 10 years doing baalruns ?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2022 11:38am
Quote (VickIsSick07 @ Jan 23 2022 09:31am)

PvMers is the 1% we thank the botters. Gtfo
Gold: 14,050.05
Jan 23 2022 11:40am
Quote (Sonbry @ Jan 23 2022 12:38pm)
PvMers is the 1% we thank the botters. Gtfo

Read plz. Nobody bots crafting materials. Most godly pvp items are crafts. Surely you can put two and two together? Most godly pvp items are made, not botted.
Gold: 689.78
Jan 23 2022 11:40am
Quote (SpAz. @ Jan 23 2022 12:34pm)
Anyone who thinks D2 would've been as great without the dedicated pvp community, look at how well Diablo III is doing in 2022.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLWpT_nsTE

I agree with this. and also, I may identify as a pvper and trader in d2 bnet, but I enjoy some solo selffound single player myself and have attempted a grail myself on plugy. Theres no contradiction between liking pvp and also liking pvm.
Because they're a company that is about making money. The majority of players do not PvP. How can you not get this through your head that I agree that PvP scene is a minority?!
It's still a very important one and a huge reason for d2s longevity. Look at the changes in the patch notes, there are several that shows them having pvp in their thought process. Not as their number 1 priority, but it's there.
How can you be so daft its beyond me.
go play d3 cu

Then we're arguing about nothing. PVP is not why D2R got made. That is my point. There's a lot of threads and posts recently in this sub about how PVP is the only reason D2R got made and it's the most important aspect. Clearly refutable. PVP has it's place, but it's never gonna be the main focus of Blizzard's balance changes. They're never going to say "oh shit we can't buff FoH because it would be BM in PVP."
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2022 11:42am
Quote (VickIsSick07 @ Jan 23 2022 09:40am)
Read plz. Nobody bots crafting materials. Most godly pvp items are crafts. Surely you can put two and two together? Most godly pvp items are made, not botted.

Sure go craft me some 2/30/20/2 circlets and full inventory of 3/20/20s pls. Gtfo and go farm some countess or something :banana:

This post was edited by Sonbry on Jan 23 2022 11:44am
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll