d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Family Emails With Custom Domain
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,917.10
Jan 23 2022 08:16am
We have purchased a domain name (www.example.co) for our family and want to create custom email addresses for 4 people (adam@example.co, john@example.co etc). It is not a business just for personal use but if business options are easier and cheaper that is fine we can do that.

Outlook appears to have an option called Microsoft 365 Family (6 users) $129.00 / year which mentions the below but it is unclear whether we would be able to create the 4 x email address or if it will only allow 1 x. Also worth mentioning we are not with godaddy and it appears this option is only with godaddy. We are not opposed to changing if necessary

Custom domain names

Easily create a personalized email address (name@yourhobby.com). Outlook with Microsoft 365 works with GoDaddy domains to make setup simple.1

1. Domain sold separately. You must maintain an active domain with GoDaddy to use this feature

This comes with 1TB onedrive and 50gb inbox

Google has
Business Starter $100.8 / year with 306gb storage per user
Business Standard $201.6 / year with 2TB of storage per user

Outlook appears to be much cheaper if it does allow that one subscription to have 4 x individual custom emails that each of us can use as our own private email.

Have I missed any other options or does anyone have any advice?

Gold: 56,369.16
Jan 23 2022 03:25pm
just use google aliasing, so you are using a free google mail, but with the name from your own domain.
Gold: 152.00
Jan 24 2022 10:19pm
Gmail lets you add a custom email address to your inbox. I believe outlook does aswell

Here is a link:

https://www.hostpapa.co.nz/knowledgebase/how-to-import-your-domain-email-account-into-your-gmail-account/

If you need help setting the emails up, send me a PM and I can help
Gold: 1,917.10
Jan 25 2022 06:14am
Quote (Touta @ Jan 24 2022 05:25am)
just use google aliasing, so you are using a free google mail, but with the name from your own domain.

Quote (Strickland @ Jan 25 2022 12:19pm)
Gmail lets you add a custom email address to your inbox. I believe outlook does aswell

Here is a link:

https://www.hostpapa.co.nz/knowledgebase/how-to-import-your-domain-email-account-into-your-gmail-account/

If you need help setting the emails up, send me a PM and I can help

I ended up signing up for the office 365 family, did a work around so that I don't need to be with godaddy for the emails and turns out the custom emails are aliases not actual inbox, which is not what I wanted. Microsoft refunded me very quickly which was great.

Going to just buy the business office versions
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll