d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Objectives: Enlighten The Ladder Slasher Community
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.19
Jan 21 2022 11:29am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 21 2022 12:15pm)
This maybe true, but you can NOT get the Sneaky / Treasure Pest OBJECTIVE below level 15, so the normal catacomb size to explore is WAY larger than a Cured (level 5) Map etc.

Thanks for confirmation, it is appreciated.

Tp is 13
Sneaky is 15

There was a chart with catacomb sizes per level but I can’t remeber where it was posted .

Edit :

Level 5 map is 108 squares

A level 10 maze is 70 squares I think

I may be wrong on that .

Edit : level 15 catacomb is 9x12

Equal to level 5 map

This post was edited by slushslush on Jan 21 2022 11:37am
Gold: 8,888.88
Jan 21 2022 11:46am
Quote (slushslush @ Jan 22 2022 06:29am)
Tp is 13
Sneaky is 15

There was a chart with catacomb sizes per level but I can’t remeber where it was posted .

Edit :

Level 5 map is 108 squares

A level 10 maze is 70 squares I think

I may be wrong on that .

Character level adjusts the size of the catacomb you explore and is NOT constricted by the same rules a MAP maze size is.

For example; exploring normal catacombs from character level 1 to level 8, the size of the catacomb maze has increased, whereas, a Tier I map maze is 10x10 in size and NEVER changes no matter what level your character is. This goes for a Cured (level 5 / Tier IV) map... now if you are level 15 and explore a catacomb (not level 5 / 10 map), the maze size is LARGER then the map maze (that is restricted).

And yest, you are correct, there was a post that had all the Map sizes, I tried hunting it down, pity the portals does NOT have this information.
Jan 21 2022 11:48am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 21 2022 12:46pm)
Character level adjusts the size of the catacomb you explore and is NOT constricted by the same rules a MAP maze size is.

For example; exploring normal catacombs from character level 1 to level 8, the size of the catacomb maze has increased, whereas, a Tier I map maze is 10x10 in size and NEVER changes no matter what level your character is. This goes for a Cured (level 5 / Tier IV) map... now if you are level 15 and explore a catacomb (not level 5 / 10 map), the maze size is LARGER then the map maze (that is restricted).

And yest, you are correct, there was a post that had all the Map sizes, I tried hunting it down, pity the portals does NOT have this information.

I added a second edit .

A level 5 map

Is the same size as a level 15 catacombs
Jan 21 2022 11:58am
Quote (slushslush @ Jan 22 2022 06:48am)
I added a second edit .

A level 5 map

Is the same size as a level 15 catacombs

I will have to test this out, but I will NOT use a Cured (level 5) map unless my character level is 25-28 because of the Monster level cap being 30.

Not saying you are wrong, but for a solo'er and exploring catacombs (not whistling) 100% of the time, some objectives do NOT spawn even after X amount of steps taken OR encounters... I have completed Ambush before Pinch of Evil... I mean what the fuck is up with that shit?
Jan 21 2022 12:05pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 21 2022 12:58pm)
I will have to test this out, but I will NOT use a Cured (level 5) map unless my character level is 25-28 because of the Monster level cap being 30.

Not saying you are wrong, but for a solo'er and exploring catacombs (not whistling) 100% of the time, some objectives do NOT spawn even after X amount of steps taken OR encounters... I have completed Ambush before Pinch of Evil... I mean what the fuck is up with that shit?

Pinch of evil and ambush are both 3 ep spawns

Just unlucky on whichever one spawns I guess

I agree steps matter but so does catacomb size

That’s why lower level maps can spawn stuff that regular cata don’t faster
Jan 21 2022 12:18pm
Quote (slushslush @ Jan 22 2022 07:05am)
Pinch of evil and ambush are both 3 ep spawns

Just unlucky on whichever one spawns I guess

I agree steps matter but so does catacomb size

That’s why lower level maps can spawn stuff that regular cata don’t faster

So true, as a solo'er completing all other objectives other than Pinch (Explore the Maze, Bits and Pieces, Hack the Horde, Treasure Pest & Ambush!) say by level 65 is kinda retarded, and the catacomb size(s) are phenomenally larger than Map size... :lol:

Jan 21 2022 12:22pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 21 2022 01:18pm)
So true, as a solo'er completing all other objectives other than Pinch (Explore the Maze, Bits and Pieces, Hack the Horde, Treasure Pest & Ambush!) say by level 65 is kinda retarded, and the catacomb size(s) are phenomenally larger than Map size... :lol:

Yeah so your option to complete them is to use maps

But it will slow down your levels

Edit :

I think you are confusing the map vs cata sizes

A level 5 map is the same size as a level 15 cata .

So a level 10 map is larger than a level 15 cata .

And a 55 map is larger than a 55 cata

This post was edited by slushslush on Jan 21 2022 12:24pm
Jan 21 2022 12:48pm
Quote (slushslush @ Jan 22 2022 07:22am)
Yeah so your option to complete them is to use maps

But it will slow down your levels

Edit :

I think you are confusing the map vs cata sizes

A level 5 map is the same size as a level 15 cata .

So a level 10 map is larger than a level 15 cata .

And a 55 map is larger than a 55 cata

I think we are on two different subjects right now.

I am talking solo (actually would be funny even in a full group to do the following) and completing the prerequisite objectives BY the time your character is level 15 to activate Sneaky or Treasure pest.

I mean come on, it is in the original post... you have to explore X amount of steps &/or encounters for OBJECTIVES (outside of Complete the Maze)... as a solo'er, and Pinch being the next available after Bits n Pieces @ X level... how the fuck do you complete AMBUSH beforehand around level 60+

The size of the Maze (catacomb or map) is relevant, so if you finally complete the prerequisites for Treasure Pest &/or Sneaky by level 30+, use a level 5 map under the conditions of solo'ing and using /set easy 1 to increase your chance to having it spawn compared to the Catacomb maze size of level 30+.
Jan 21 2022 12:53pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 21 2022 01:48pm)
I think we are on two different subjects right now.

I am talking solo (actually would be funny even in a full group to do the following) and completing the prerequisite objectives BY the time your character is level 15 to activate Sneaky or Treasure pest.

I mean come on, it is in the original post... you have to explore X amount of steps &/or encounters for OBJECTIVES (outside of Complete the Maze)... as a solo'er, and Pinch being the next available after Bits n Pieces @ X level... how the fuck do you complete AMBUSH beforehand around level 60+

The size of the Maze (catacomb or map) is relevant, so if you finally complete the prerequisites for Treasure Pest &/or Sneaky by level 30+, use a level 5 map under the conditions of solo'ing and using /set easy 1 to increase your chance to having it spawn compared to the Catacomb maze size of level 30+.

Maps only spawn a square once .

On catacombs you are gaining levels on already explored tiles .

Objective hunting in maps is far superior to catacombs

For objectives that can be done on maps

This post was edited by slushslush on Jan 21 2022 12:53pm
Jan 21 2022 01:23pm
Quote (slushslush @ Jan 22 2022 07:53am)
Maps only spawn a square once .

On catacombs you are gaining levels on already explored tiles .

Objective hunting in maps is far superior to catacombs

For objectives that can be done on maps

100% correct, not arguing, it would be awesome if early level objectives SPAWNED faster within their Level requirement.

Level 6 requirement for Pinch of evil (I mean come on, you should get objective a HELL of a lot faster currently)
Level 16 requirement for Ambush (again have to complete other objectives for it to be activated like Sneaky / Pest / Bits)

But, the X # of explored tiles (steps) and/or the # of encounters within the size of the Maze (catacomb or map) is (by my own judgement) is percentage (%) based... so if the catacomb maze size is X by X square, the # of steps and/or encounters increases based on the character level of a CATACOMB (not map, since the map maze size is SET in stone) where the maze increases in size within 5 levels ... i.e. level 4 catacomb size is larger than creating a level 1 catacomb, you can also notice the catacomb size change as you progress in character level, like level 8 is equivalent to a Tier II map.

No one actually notices these things, especially since "Whistle" was introduced, they just level up whistling Dixie all day long after they "complete the maze" etc.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll