d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > How To Play Warlock
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,492.18
Trader: Trusted
Jan 22 2022 05:50am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 22 Jan 2022 12:44)
fine. on a standard robe which you'll have 50% of the time, the base physical defense is 0-14. So literally no matter how many points you put in, it'll always have 0 min defense. max defense from +5 vit is literally + 5% of 14 seeing we're talking about 0 ee.
This is between 0-1 max defense.

So you're arguing adding 0 min defense and 0.5 max defense is worth talking about?
This is completely retarded.

Ty for taking that's answer of my shoulders. I read the reply on mobile while shopping and was about to show a detailed description on why he is wrong.

In the end in fine with pretty much everyone knows Rex is Rex and I don't bother to argue

This post was edited by 4ndr3as on Jan 22 2022 05:50am
Gold: 8,888.89
Jan 22 2022 12:42pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 23 2022 12:44am)
fine. on a standard robe which you'll have 50% of the time, the base physical defense is 0-14. So literally no matter how many points you put in, it'll always have 0 min defense. max defense from +5 vit is literally + 5% of 14 seeing we're talking about 0 ee.

So you're arguing adding 0 min defense and 0.5 max defense is worth talking about?

Since I wasn't quoting you, and you chose to respond, then I have to ask you a simple question.

Can you honestly tell me that 70 base vitality and the addition of the 5 points I mentioned increases the Max Defense of the Robe (preferably padded) by 1 point because of any (if any) ROUNDING factors? i.e. 70 vitality = Max Physical Def = 14.99 (round down) = 14. [so the pitiful 5% will round it up].

Still waiting on your Armor table to be completed, and you also totally ignored the rest of my post, but whatever, it isn't like 5 vitality gives you more hit points to stay in game longer to cast one more time than without it.
Gold: 13,425.19
Jan 22 2022 01:19pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 22 2022 06:42pm)
Since I wasn't quoting you, and you chose to respond, then I have to ask you a simple question.

Can you honestly tell me that 70 base vitality and the addition of the 5 points I mentioned increases the Max Defense of the Robe (preferably padded) by 1 point because of any (if any) ROUNDING factors? i.e. 70 vitality = Max Physical Def = 14.99 (round down) = 14. [so the pitiful 5% will round it up].

Still waiting on your Armor table to be completed, and you also totally ignored the rest of my post, but whatever, it isn't like 5 vitality gives you more hit points to stay in game longer to cast one more time than without it.

Given the fact meridius/alex did the damage calc on charms, i'm running off the same equation as they said they also made it work for armor: (checked and confirmed this is what's going on)
Changing it to padded will change it from 0 to 0.5 phy defense to 0 to 1.5

Phy defense (1 + (vit - 5) / 100) * ( 1 + ee/100) * base physical defense
so 70 vit = (1 + (70-5)/100 * 1 * 0 to 28
1.65 * 1 * 0 to 28 = 0 to 46.2 which rounds down to 46

so 75 vit = (1 + (75-5)/100 * 1 * 0 to 28
1.7 * 1 * 0 to 28 = 0 to 47.6 which rounds down to 47

For arguments sake lets look at magical defense from 70 to 75 on a padded robe:
Magic defense (1 + (int - 5) / 100) * ( 1 + ee/100) * base magical defense
28-70 base, 70 int magic defense: 46-115 75 int magic defense: 47-119

so 5 times the amount of total defense gained in this specific scenario.

The reason i ignored the rest of your post is cos you've argued this physical defense multiple times when i've told you it does next to nothing similar to how 1 life regen is meaningless on a mage which heals for 500. There's also so much of your posts i can tolerate without going insane.

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Jan 22 2022 01:20pm
Jan 22 2022 01:53pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 23 2022 08:19am)
Given the fact meridius/alex did the damage calc on charms, i'm running off the same equation as they said they also made it work for armor: (checked and confirmed this is what's going on)
Changing it to padded will change it from 0 to 0.5 phy defense to 0 to 1.5

Phy defense (1 + (vit - 5) / 100) * ( 1 + ee/100) * base physical defense
so 70 vit = (1 + (70-5)/100 * 1 * 0 to 28
1.65 * 1 * 0 to 28 = 0 to 46.2 which rounds down to 46

so 75 vit = (1 + (75-5)/100 * 1 * 0 to 28
1.7 * 1 * 0 to 28 = 0 to 47.6 which rounds down to 47

For arguments sake lets look at magical defense from 70 to 75 on a padded robe:
Magic defense (1 + (int - 5) / 100) * ( 1 + ee/100) * base magical defense
28-70 base, 70 int magic defense: 46-115 75 int magic defense: 47-119

so 5 times the amount of total defense gained in this specific scenario.

The reason i ignored the rest of your post is cos you've argued this physical defense multiple times when i've told you it does next to nothing similar to how 1 life regen is meaningless on a mage which heals for 500. There's also so much of your posts i can tolerate without going insane.

Thanks, you just answered YES to my question... the 5 extra vitality DOES increase the maximum physical defense by 1.

Remember, your post was in reference to 5 extra vitality doesn't do jack shit for the defense of a Robe, but your post contradicted what you were arguing about... thank you for contradicting yourself, as for the other "save face" part of your post... it goes both ways bud, just like you trying to prove me wrong with your competition... fail... fail... failed again.

Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 23 2022 09:05am)
what the heck are you on about? in my first post i said on a non padded robe it gives 0 to 0.5, on a padded robe i'm not surprised.
Anyway less spamming of this topic you're just full on nonsense who likes to derail topics

Why are you arguing my post, do your calculations with a normal robe... FFS, and people call me pedantic and argumentative.

Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 23 2022 12:44am)

Standard? there are only 2 types: Normal & padded... how the fuck or where in the fuck did you say NORMAL robe or UNPADDED robe.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 22 2022 02:09pm
Jan 22 2022 02:05pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 22 2022 07:53pm)
Thanks, you just answered YES to my question... the 5 extra vitality DOES increase the maximum physical defense by 1.

Remember, your post was in reference to 5 extra vitality doesn't do jack shit for the defense of a Robe, but your post contradicted what you were arguing about... thank you for contradicting yourself, as for the other "save face" part of your post... it goes both ways bud, just like you trying to prove me wrong with your competition... fail... fail... failed again.

what the heck are you on about? in my first post i said on a non padded robe it gives 0 to 0.5, on a padded robe i'm not surprised.
Anyway less spamming of this topic you're just full on nonsense who likes to derail topics

Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 22 2022 07:53pm)
Complete nonsense

Look, you keep arguing that getting vitality gives a useful amount of defense, i told you that it doesnt and gave you the numbers that it doesn't now you're being pedantic, this is just filling the thread with spam. I don't know how else to get into your head that getting vitality on either robe is basically meaningless. I have to basically correct all your bullshit in these topics so you don't mislead people to doing retarded things

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Jan 22 2022 02:27pm
Jan 22 2022 02:37pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 23 2022 09:05am)
Look, you keep arguing that getting vitality gives a useful amount of defense, i told you that it doesnt and gave you the numbers that it doesn't now you're being pedantic, this is just filling the thread with spam. I don't know how else to get into your head that getting vitality on either robe is basically meaningless. I have to basically correct all your bullshit in these topics so you don't mislead people to doing retarded things

You failed, you try to save face, but fail. It goes both ways, and what is funny is that in previous posts, everyone says the same thing and contradict themselves.

5 extra vitality vs 5 extra intelligence ... since the Base vita is ALREADY 70, why NOT add 5 more HARD points that = +1 Max physical defense / +1 Regen and also more hit points when clearly MORE physical damage monsters spawn MORE often in comparison to CASTING monsters?

You are trying to argue that those 5 extra Intelligence points makes more of an impact... Well, it makes an impact of course... more damage, more mana pool and more magical defense... I am NOT arguing that point for fuck sake, I am SAYING that the extra 5 points to Vitality BASE which is ALREADY 70 could give you benefits as well.

FUCKING NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, IT JUST TAKES A MODICUM OF THINKING OUTSIDE.

edit: and some reading abilities that a lot of people don't do on LS (especially those like you that want to be always right and hates losing face... as for me, I am always right, and if proven wrong, I am right once again because I play the game like a noob and not a sucker for supremacy!!! and items!!! and Forum Gold [greed]!!!)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 22 2022 02:41pm
Jan 22 2022 02:56pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 22 2022 08:37pm)
You failed, you try to save face, but fail. It goes both ways, and what is funny is that in previous posts, everyone says the same thing and contradict themselves.

5 extra vitality vs 5 extra intelligence ... since the Base vita is ALREADY 70, why NOT add 5 more HARD points that = +1 Max physical defense / +1 Regen and also more hit points when clearly MORE physical damage monsters spawn MORE often in comparison to CASTING monsters?

You are trying to argue that those 5 extra Intelligence points makes more of an impact... Well, it makes an impact of course... more damage, more mana pool and more magical defense... I am NOT arguing that point for fuck sake, I am SAYING that the extra 5 points to Vitality BASE which is ALREADY 70 could give you benefits as well.

FUCKING NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, IT JUST TAKES A MODICUM OF THINKING OUTSIDE.

edit: and some reading abilities that a lot of people don't do on LS (especially those like you that want to be always right and hates losing face... as for me, I am always right, and if proven wrong, I am right once again because I play the game like a noob and not a sucker for supremacy!!! and items!!! and Forum Gold [greed]!!!)

i dont care about "saving face" seeing no-one will read this apart from to see how stupid you are. The only reason i bother is in case the OP reads this and reads your post thinking it's helpful which in 90% of cases is not.

heck recommending you get 25 points into vitality for the extra physical defense is not a worthwhile argument. It's so meaningless it's not even worth stating, especially when the only other recommendation is intelligence which provides significantly higher amounts of magical defense which i'd argue is more useful,
same goes for the +1 life regen because 99% of the regeneration you need on a warlock is mana regeneration, especially if you convinced the poor sod he needs more health over more mana.

Please just stop trying to help people, you don't have a clue on how softcore is played so it's better you don't attempt to give them you're shitty advice. If someone asks how to play a guardian on HC, i'll let you deal with that one.
Jan 22 2022 03:01pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 23 2022 09:56am)
i dont care about "saving face" seeing no-one will read this apart from to see how stupid you are. The only reason i bother is in case the OP reads this and reads your post thinking it's helpful which in 90% of cases is not.

heck recommending you get 25 points into vitality for the extra physical defense is not a worthwhile argument. It's so meaningless it's not even worth stating, especially when the only other recommendation is intelligence which provides significantly higher amounts of magical defense which i'd argue is more useful,
same goes for the +1 life regen because 99% of the regeneration you need on a warlock is mana regeneration, especially if you convinced the poor sod he needs more health over more mana.

Please just stop trying to help people, you don't have a clue on how softcore is played so it's better you don't attempt to give them you're shitty advice. If someone asks how to play a guardian on HC, i'll let you deal with that one.

You know what is fucking funny, the OP states a SOLO Warlock, and 95% of players SAY and POST to get to a base of 100 vitality... EVEN SOFTCORE PLAYERS.

You failed once again.
Jan 22 2022 03:04pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 22 2022 09:01pm)
You know what is fucking funny, the OP states a SOLO Warlock, and 95% of players SAY and POST to get to a base of 100 vitality... EVEN SOFTCORE PLAYERS.

You failed once again.

you do realise in group climbs we do 35 vit warlocks on sc?

apparently we're not reading same topic:

i never go above 50 vita but i have the heals for that. as long as you have a say 120ee+ lvl 55 heal charm you should be fine with max 70-75 vita. any more and your just gonna have serious mana problems, and your kill speed is gonna be terrible.

Quote (Bigheaded)
maybe on HC, on SC 60 is plenty if solo whistling, might want 75 if exploring, especially if you hit TD's.

this leaves everyone else except you recommending 75 vit for this topic.
we say 100 vit for melee monk and ninja

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Jan 22 2022 03:05pm
Jan 22 2022 03:12pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 23 2022 10:04am)
you do realise in group climbs we do 35 vit warlocks on sc?

apparently we're not reading same topic:

this leaves everyone else except you recommending 75 vit for this topic.
we say 100 vit for melee monk and ninja

So you are trying to say that everyone plays SC the same way you think or play the game with the gear you have compared to maybe their gear that is subpar in comparison?

My post is in reflection to the fact that the OP already has 70 vitality... not the 60 you state for yourself (which is 10 more), so why not go with the extra 5 points to Vita since it is ALREADY 70 to gain some more benefits? For fuck sake... you should NOT have above 50 vita playing with the gear you have like YOU HAVE POSTED 60, that extra 10 points = more damage, more magical defense & more mana pool.

This is why I am stating a FACT ... it is a two way street debate... do you comprehend this fact? NO, you just want to argue and keep losing and failing.

EDIT: oh... yup, you are also including Whistle in your quote... I don't use whistle outside of being at a Well and ran out of White items to throw into it.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 22 2022 03:15pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll