d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Seen This And Thoughts ?
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,740.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 22 2022 02:44pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 22 2022 03:40pm)
Honestly you probably had covid, gave it to your family and recovered by the time they tested positive which is why you were testing negative.

How would that be possible? Don't forget, I said I was 1 of 3 that tested negative. There were 11 housemates total (I rented a vacation house with a true total of 10 other people (family vacation)).

So let's say it is true though - if I am asymptomatic but can be a carrier, what benefit is a vaccination going to provide me or anyone else, when those who are vaccinated and boosted are routinely testing positive to-date?
Gold: 550.00
Jan 22 2022 02:52pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 22 2022 12:44pm)
How would that be possible? Don't forget, I said I was 1 of 3 that tested negative. There were 11 housemates total (I rented a vacation house with a true total of 10 other people (family vacation)).

So let's say it is true though - if I am asymptomatic but can be a carrier, what benefit is a vaccination going to provide me or anyone else, when those who are vaccinated and boosted are routinely testing positive to-date?

Because there's realistically no downside to it? Natural immunity in some instances is likely superior to the vaccine, but thats only in symptomatic cases of covid. Mild or asymptomatic cases don't appear to provoke similar immune protection. Even if vaccinated people are getting covid, they're less likely to experience symptoms, less likely to require hospitalization, less likely to die. Sames true for basically every vaccine ever.
Jan 22 2022 03:26pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 22 2022 03:52pm)
Because there's realistically no downside to it? Natural immunity in some instances is likely superior to the vaccine, but thats only in symptomatic cases of covid. Mild or asymptomatic cases don't appear to provoke similar immune protection. Even if vaccinated people are getting covid, they're less likely to experience symptoms, less likely to require hospitalization, less likely to die. Sames true for basically every vaccine ever.

"Because there's realistically no downside to it?"

--- Established medical science has stated that this clinical trial was more rushed than ever based on past clinical trial lengths for other medicines and vaccinations.

--- Do you believe that a substance not thoroughly tested is healthy to put in your body and couldn't have ramifications?

"Natural immunity in some instances is likely superior to the vaccine, but thats only in symptomatic cases of covid. Mild or asymptomatic cases don't appear to provoke similar immune protection."

--- Alright, but, I still have never tested positive for COVID and have never been impacted by any of the variants. If I perhaps was infected mildly, why am I not getting infected with a stronger variant since I don't have natural immunity?

"Even if vaccinated people are getting covid, they're less likely to experience symptoms, less likely to require hospitalization, less likely to die. Sames true for basically every vaccine ever. "

--- I have never had measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, hepatitis, or any other disease I have been vaccinated for. If you're vaccinated against something and can still get sick, that's not being vaccinated based on established medical science, is it?
Jan 22 2022 03:41pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 22 2022 01:26pm)
"Because there's realistically no downside to it?"

--- Established medical science has stated that this clinical trial was more rushed than ever based on past clinical trial lengths for other medicines and vaccinations.

--- Do you believe that a substance not thoroughly tested is healthy to put in your body and couldn't have ramifications?

The clinical trial ran for the length of time most clinical trials run. It was thoroughly tested and has since been tested in real world conditions hundreds of millions of times and been found to be safe and effective.

"Natural immunity in some instances is likely superior to the vaccine, but thats only in symptomatic cases of covid. Mild or asymptomatic cases don't appear to provoke similar immune protection."

--- Alright, but, I still have never tested positive for COVID and have never been impacted by any of the variants. If I perhaps was infected mildly, why am I not getting infected with a stronger variant since I don't have natural immunity?

Because that isn't how it works? You've never gotten ebola either but that doesn't mean you're naturally immune to it.

"Even if vaccinated people are getting covid, they're less likely to experience symptoms, less likely to require hospitalization, less likely to die. Sames true for basically every vaccine ever. "

--- I have never had measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, hepatitis, or any other disease I have been vaccinated for. If you're vaccinated against something and can still get sick, that's not being vaccinated based on established medical science, is it?

Because everyone is vaccinated against those things so they don't spread through the population so you've never come into contact with a mumps infected person. The mumps vaccine is as effective as the covid vaccines at preventing mumps (~90%).
Jan 22 2022 03:51pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 22 2022 04:41pm)
The clinical trial ran for the length of time most clinical trials run. It was thoroughly tested and has since been tested in real world conditions hundreds of millions of times and been found to be safe and effective.

Because that isn't how it works? You've never gotten ebola either but that doesn't mean you're naturally immune to it.

Because everyone is vaccinated against those things so they don't spread through the population so you've never come into contact with a mumps infected person. The mumps vaccine is as effective as the covid vaccines at preventing mumps (~90%).

"The clinical trial ran for the length of time most clinical trials run. It was thoroughly tested and has since been tested in real world conditions hundreds of millions of times and been found to be safe and effective. "

--- I'd have to say I am not so sure about that. There are people dying simply from the vaccine as well.

--- It also factually did not stand the test of time in clinical trials, as the average turnaround time for those, I believe, is 3-5 years before under normal circumstances, the FDA will consider approval. This trial lasted less than a year.

"Because that isn't how it works? You've never gotten ebola either but that doesn't mean you're naturally immune to it. "

--- Not sure honestly - I don't consider myself to be super human but I never caught Ebola either. It does never cease to amaze me, though, that these each of these viruses became a thing during some sort of politically convenient period:

--- H1N1 (2009-2010 origin) -- Obama was heading into a rough midterm for abusing his supermajority to force through Obamacare. Amazing timing :)

--- Ebola (2014 origin) -- Obamas second rough midterm hurdle for overuse of Executive orders with the loss of the senate (I've got a phone, and I've got a pen). Amazing timing :)

--- COVID-19 (2019-2020 origin) -- Our economy and GDP had doubled to the level Obama stated was impossible without a magic wand. We were booming, unemployment was hitting record lows and America was #1 again. Amazing timing :)

"Because everyone is vaccinated against those things so they don't spread through the population so you've never come into contact with a mumps infected person. The mumps vaccine is as effective as the covid vaccines at preventing mumps (~90%)."

--- I thought most liberal establishments claim a 99%+ vaccination rate? They keep to themselves, wear their masks and remain vaccinated and boosted and still get COVID. I honestly don't understand this last piece but you're welcome to clarify.

I welcome your thoughts :)
___

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jan 22 2022 04:53pm)
Oh look Cyrus is preaching instead of listening again.

Nope - just asking questions in hopes for fruitful conversation with clear explanation :)

This post was edited by CyrusTheGreat on Jan 22 2022 03:57pm
Gold: 260.11
Jan 22 2022 03:53pm
Oh look Cyrus is preaching instead of listening again.
Jan 22 2022 04:05pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 22 2022 01:51pm)
"The clinical trial ran for the length of time most clinical trials run. It was thoroughly tested and has since been tested in real world conditions hundreds of millions of times and been found to be safe and effective. "

--- I'd have to say I am not so sure about that. There are people dying simply from the vaccine as well.

--- It also factually did not stand the test of time in clinical trials, as the average turnaround time for those, I believe, is 3-5 years before under normal circumstances, the FDA will consider approval. This trial lasted less than a year.

Because they ran everything in parallel instead of sequential the way drug development normally works. The actual trials themselves never last very long.

Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 22 2022 01:51pm)
"Because that isn't how it works? You've never gotten ebola either but that doesn't mean you're naturally immune to it. "

--- Not sure honestly - I don't consider myself to be super human but I never caught Ebola either. It does never cease to amaze me, though, that these each of these viruses became a thing during some sort of politically convenient period:

--- H1N1 (2009-2010 origin) -- Obama was heading into a rough midterm for abusing his supermajority to force through Obamacare. Amazing timing :)

--- Ebola (2014 origin) -- Obamas second rough midterm hurdle for overuse of Executive orders with the loss of the senate (I've got a phone, and I've got a pen). Amazing timing :)

--- COVID-19 (2019-2020 origin) -- Our economy and GDP had doubled to the level Obama stated was impossible without a magic wand. We were booming, unemployment was hitting record lows and America was #1 again. Amazing timing :)

"Because everyone is vaccinated against those things so they don't spread through the population so you've never come into contact with a mumps infected person. The mumps vaccine is as effective as the covid vaccines at preventing mumps (~90%)."

--- I thought most liberal establishments claim a 99%+ vaccination rate? They keep to themselves, wear their masks and remain vaccinated and boosted and still get COVID. I honestly don't understand this last piece but you're welcome to clarify.

I welcome your thoughts :)
___

Nope - just asking questions in hopes for fruitful conversation with clear explanation :)

I see now you're a conspiracy theorist not asking questions in good faith :)
Gold: 260.11
Jan 22 2022 04:07pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 22 2022 04:05pm)
Because they ran everything in parallel instead of sequential the way drug development normally works. The actual trials themselves never last very long.

Cyrus does not really discuss. He is only interested in preaching and never changes his mind or acknowledges your points or sources.

He just likes to play the whole "I'm a humble person just asking questions" even though he always contradicts your answers.
Jan 22 2022 04:09pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 22 2022 05:05pm)

"Because they ran everything in parallel instead of sequential the way drug development normally works. The actual trials themselves never last very long."

So this virus allowed them to circumvent all established practice (as you have admitted above that this is not how it normally works) with a 99% survival rate. That sounds like medical science to you? Sincere question.

If your takeaway is that I am a conspiracy theorist, no problem, but, not the point I was conveying.

If the dates don't match up, you're always welcome to explain otherwise, but, they line up perfectly based on my research.

Lastly, liberal establishments are truly the ones boasting those vaccine rates -- and they're still getting sick (Whoopie was horrified she caught the virus -- "I did everything right!").

From a scientific perspective, I do not believe any of my questions were truly answered, so, with that I will have to leave this debate with this:

- Claiming someone to be a conspiracy theorist because their questions are too difficult to answer does not actually make them a conspiracy theorist. It's alright to ask questions in a Capitalist society -- whether any government official with personal vested interest dislikes it or not. It's one of the great benefits of living in a Capitalist Constitutional Republic and I think the majority of America has forgotten that they work for us -- not the other way around.

Have a great rest of the weekend :)

This post was edited by CyrusTheGreat on Jan 22 2022 05:11pm
Jan 22 2022 04:17pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 22 2022 02:09pm)
Lastly, liberal establishments are truly the ones boasting those vaccine rates -- and they're still getting sick (Whoopie was horrified she caught the virus -- "I did everything right!").

And yet

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll