d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Pre-built / Build New / Retro Current
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 199,490.60
Jan 13 2022 11:41am
Hello,

Currently playing D2 Resurrected, and have been starting to stream it with pretty good success. I've noticed that the game clips when loading around town/river maps, and others haven't experienced that. I get ~80 fps max with and without streaming, seems kind of low and I assume the frames drop a lot when stuttering. I have a 144hz monitor and since my fps doesn't reach 144, kinda useless ya?

Clip of my map not loading properly/buffering: https://clips.twitch.tv/SuspiciousMoistStarFUNgineer-LEnK284zDN8-YvPB

Anyways - I had this forums help back in 2018 to help me build a PC, parts list is here: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/J7DzMZ

3 Options
1 - Retrofit if even possible with new components
2 - Buy a prebuilt (noticing a trend of suggestion here that buying prebuilt is likely cheaper than building own?) - and sell old pc
3 - Build new and sell old.

Budget: ~2500 CAD
Maximum you will spend? - 3k - any idea what my old PC is worth? if I could resell for 1k that'd help of course.
Will you complete mail in rebates? - if possible sure
If so, may we go over-budget if rebates bring you within budget? - idk, suggest and ill see
Do you need Windows Operation System within budget? - if windows 11 isnt free, yes
Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard within budget? - no

Basic Info:
Specific Uses (Programs, game titles etc.) - d2 resurrected, fort, cod randomly - any other newer games that will coe out
Country? - Canada
Will you travel to NCIX (canada) or Microcenter (USA) for parts? (Null if unsure) - no

How much hard drive space do you want or need? - 256/500 SSD and 1 TB HDD
Will you use wireless or wired internet? - Wired
Will you overclock CPU and/or GPU? - No
Any special requests or useful things to tell us? (Specific case, need lots of storage, audio etc.) - not picky/ocd :)
Gold: 5,004.69
Jan 13 2022 12:04pm
Reason for hitching is the video card, 1060. Your old PC is worth a few hundred maybe if you're lucky.

The thing that would improve your experience the most is a stronger CPU/GPU, because loading, streaming etc all have a reliance on CPU/GPU.

You can get a prebuilt for around $2200 that'd do what you're looking for, unfortunately it's a prebuilt so it's not the cheapest but it's a reliable way to get a newer GPU without constantly F5'ing websites.
Gold: 199,490.60
Jan 14 2022 02:31am
Quote (dihy @ Jan 13 2022 01:04pm)
Reason for hitching is the video card, 1060. Your old PC is worth a few hundred maybe if you're lucky.

The thing that would improve your experience the most is a stronger CPU/GPU, because loading, streaming etc all have a reliance on CPU/GPU.

You can get a prebuilt for around $2200 that'd do what you're looking for, unfortunately it's a prebuilt so it's not the cheapest but it's a reliable way to get a newer GPU without constantly F5'ing websites.

Thanks.

Is 3070 worth the price jump over the 3060 in your opinion? Cheapest 1100kf with a 3700 is $2900 with tax here..

This post was edited by Underz on Jan 14 2022 02:35am
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll