d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Ladder Slasher Damage Calculator V1
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,888.88
May 25 2022 08:29pm
Hey, I have to love this Damage Calculator even more when testing more things like adding 100% enhanced effect to the Base item and the stats when it comes to higher level playing Ladder Slasher... thanks so much, and it is a great resource for the community to actually use as a whole and for introducing new players to use.

Thanks.
Jun 1 2022 08:32pm
Adding the Damage Calculator to this page so people can access what is current:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDkoYfhQSyWW0KNRYTAWZRLxVfeYGgj-nwqOwtgtSOs/edit#gid=0
Jun 2 2022 01:19am
Actually, can the Damage Calculator be revised based on character class and their restricted item(s) and starting stats? ... as for additional stats allotment is based on the starting base points and maybe including additional stat allocation from objectives etc?

Hey, I am just looking at the character class including base starting stats and the +10 stat point allocation, also including the Master Quest based on that character class Pass/Fail rate of starting stats (+10 / 20 max) build and also including the additional stat addition from Objectives? Where do you place your Level +1 stat point (+1 stat per level) that benefits the build that a user desires?

tl;dr... Class starting Stat(s) + base 10 starting stat(s) [excluding MQ runs Fail/Pass] combining the additional +stat items you currently use in conjunction with Enhanced Effect / Prof Ranking and also combining the Physical & Magical Defense of the armor type that they are using during their climb and posting the results of Damage received/delivered with the actions as well.

Fuck that was really long winded right? Okay I need to adjust this with step by step mentality.

New character with base stats dependent on that character class as a newcomer to Ladder Slasher decides they use a Barbarian.

So, we take the Barbarian base starting stats:

Str: 60
Dex: 25
Int: 5
Vit: 60

And you have +10 Additional Stats to ALLOCATE based on your preference (and core you play). Now... if you FAIL your first Master Quest, you start with Barbarian again... BUT... this time you have +11 Additional Stats to ALLOCATE. Okay... IF YOU FAIL 10 times in a row, you start with the MAXIMUM of 20 Additional Stats to Allocate... but (BUT) if you PASS during the first 10 climbs, and WANT to reach the MAXIMUM of +20 Additional Stats, you will have to FAIL 20 times BEFORE passing to Paladin... then 30 times before passing to Monk (reference to KEEPING the ADDITIONAL +20 starting stats) and so forth.

Basically for those that want TO HUNT... hope to NOT Pass as Paladin to Monk+ with LESS EFFECTIVE defensive gear and so forth... look at base stats, additional stats and character class and item(s) they use with other things... over your head... some will get, 99% won't, but then... Faster kill speed is paramount.

EDIT: REVISION of above.

Damage Calculator is awesome, especially for US older players that understand the game... so... can you implement "Character Class"?, can you implement "Starting Stat points like +10 Feeder"? Can you implement Master Quest Fail/Pass the "Additional starting stats"? ... yup, this is basically pointless information for US that know the game, but then, as a Newbie, they could just use the calculator to answer their basic questions... as long as when they choose "Class" and "Class item availability" and the base starting stats and allocate the "additional" starting +10 stat points... could help them to move forward without asking basic questions... just my opinion... the Dmg Calc is great.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 2 2022 01:27am
Gold: 13,425.19
Jun 2 2022 06:07am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 2 2022 08:19am)
Can you add character class and extra stats from MQ.

so in short can i add character class?
this isn't an a bad idea although i think it may add confusion that maybe some classes do more than others, which isn't the case. Although theoretically they could have different crit chances so maybe they do but currently do not calculate crit anyway.
For the MQ additional stats bit, thats more confusing than it's worth.

Honestly i dont think anyone is really using this and would be even more surprised if beginners were regularly using it.

It's probably time to start looking at crit again though, i doubt armor pierce/mind numb will ever get done.
Jun 2 2022 07:51am
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jun 3 2022 12:07am)
so in short can i "add character class?"
This isn't an a bad idea. although i think it may add confusion that maybe, some classes do more than others... which isn't the case. Although theoretically they could have different critical hit chances so maybe they do. but currently do not calculate critical hit chance anyway.
For the MQ additional stats bit, that's more confusing than it's worth.

Honestly i don't think anyone is really using this, and would be even more surprised if beginners were regularly using it.

It's probably time to start looking at critical hit chance again though, i doub't armor pierce/mind numb will ever get done.

I edited your quote above to my interpretation of where you were explaining things in red.

Yes, you are 100% correct in your perception, HOWEVER, neither I or you can perceive how a New player takes in the information and USING the damage calculator... let us be honest here, as knowledgeable as WE (you, me and others that have played Ladder Slasher during the updates, can tell a new player this and that FOR their own benefit?) Thus, the Damage calculator YOU designed 100% accurately can benefit the basics and beyond for new players for like another 2-10 years depending on the updates (this is how it has been happening for the last 10+ years... even before your time).

Up to you, this is your baby (damage calculator), You decide how it evolves, I am only pointing out the basic fundamentals FOR a new player and THEIR play style.

EDIT: btw... using Heavy Weapons with EE and like level 10 armor / main charm with Magic Luck, can still have an equal killspeed to builds using Stat armor & Charm. Note: excluding EE defense etc.

#2 EDIT
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jun 3 2022 01:54am)
lmao did you really check my punctuation? :rofl:

So you only post about me editing your punctuation because I did NOT want you to think I had misread your post in my reply and laugh about it. Hmm, guess you are just like the rest and did not read my reply. Like I say, who is laughing at whom here???

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 2 2022 08:00am
Jun 2 2022 07:54am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 2 2022 02:51pm)
I edited your quote above to my interpretation of where you were explaining things in red.

Yes, you are 100% correct in your perception, HOWEVER, neither I or you can perceive how a New player takes in the information and USING the damage calculator... let us be honest here, as knowledgeable as WE (you, me and others that have played Ladder Slasher during the updates, can tell a new player this and that FOR their own benefit?) Thus, the Damage calculator YOU designed 100% accurately can benefit the basics and beyond for new players for like another 2-10 years depending on the updates (this is how it has been happening for the last 10+ years... even before your time).

Up to you, this is your baby (damage calculator), You decide how it evolves, I am only pointing out the basic fundamentals FOR a new player and THEIR play style.

Gold: 77,335.18
Jun 2 2022 08:16am
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jun 2 2022 03:54pm)

😁😁😁

I still must say I love how Rex thinks ... because it is oit of box and it is logical to me ...
Jun 8 2022 10:47am
Quote (Popi @ Jun 3 2022 02:16am)
😁😁😁

I still must say I love how Rex thinks ... because it is oit of box and it is logical to me ...

Thanks... I hate Google Chrome. Anyway... the damage calculator for this game can be more involved for Ladder Slasher as it is now.

Around 1990 I played a game called Rolemaster (basically a dice game [DnD] with a GM and character builds, luck were based on a dice roll).

Anyway, the Excel spreadsheet created would let a person add in their dice rolls for their stat allocation and character class they chose, also, the corresponding skills / attributes relating to that class & stat allocation were presented... now, when choosing the Abilities &/or skills (fishing, cooking etc), the appropriate stat modifier was applied, thus, you can create a level 1 character and their own skills to your preference. (still way more advanced than this game since Paul holds a shit load of information that reduces player base)

Anyway... releasing some of the game mechanics like formulae to certain things to IMPROVE a player(s) game speed, or, a player(s) Magic Luck to finding better equipment ACTUALLY helps with the PLAYERBASE.

Sorry... got off topic, but Paul should think about the Player Base instead of Personal values to be more successful or whatever he wants etc.
Jul 24 2022 09:38pm
Other than this being a "bump" post, I have to ask about "Ratio(s)" of the weapon type and the "Stat" allocation.

I use a Longsword;

75 / 25 Ratio or Strength & Dexterity, now, I am currently level 67 as a Samurai with the "Stat Ratio being the same...";

152 (Strength)
058 (Dexterity)

Damage output range Minumum / Maximum using a Level 40 Longsword with 126% Enhanced Effect shows the damage on the character screen (tool-tip to my understanding) as;

129 to 1295 = Avg of 1434 / 2 = 717;

Okay, now I gained one(1) level and added the +1 Stat point to Strength and the results are the same;

Now, Critical Hit Chance (ChC) is coded into the Weapon(s) Ratio, so since my "Damage / Average etc" did NOT increase... would that one(1) stat point have been better spent on Dexterity to increase the Weapon(s) ChC?

Just a question, nothing more.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jul 24 2022 09:38pm
Jul 27 2022 05:59am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 25 2022 04:38am)
Other than this being a "bump" post, I have to ask about "Ratio(s)" of the weapon type and the "Stat" allocation.

I use a Longsword;

75 / 25 Ratio or Strength & Dexterity, now, I am currently level 67 as a Samurai with the "Stat Ratio being the same...";

152 (Strength)
058 (Dexterity)

Damage output range Minumum / Maximum using a Level 40 Longsword with 126% Enhanced Effect shows the damage on the character screen (tool-tip to my understanding) as;

Okay, now I gained one(1) level and added the +1 Stat point to Strength and the results are the same;

Now, Critical Hit Chance (ChC) is coded into the Weapon(s) Ratio, so since my "Damage / Average etc" did NOT increase... would that one(1) stat point have been better spent on Dexterity to increase the Weapon(s) ChC?

Just a question, nothing more.

arguably yes, but think of it this way, if you did that for 60 points in a row, would that be beneficial?
seeing the calc gives you an average damage, you can see the difference between 4 points into strength and 4 points into dex.

Also the Crit chance is unfortunately hugely wonky for swords/staffs/axes and their heavy counterparts as i don't have the data. It seemed to work quite well for some ratios but some are way off.
By comparison i have over 40,000 hits collected by me and BWConformity on just daggers and clubs, even those crit numbers are a bit iffy, however they generally fall within 1-2%.
I am hopefully collecting sword data soon, which should help a lot in narrowing it down.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll