d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Ladder Slasher Damage Calculator V1
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,892.68
Jan 17 2022 06:10pm
I have tested QD before and a total of 24+%.

Since I was using Heavy Weapons I chose NOT to go above 20% while having "Auto Click" enabled since a QD attack can interrupt clicking the Door to exit catacomb. I am guessing that this will also happen with Auto Click off, or it will cancel out continuous QDs.

QD if I remember correctly; increases your attack speed by 50%, example of the old 2 sec delay for heavy weapons, it would be 1 sec delay (this was before 1.8 delay update to Heavy weapons).

Basically each successful hit check will let your next attack be faster (i.e. 0.5 sec delay [normal] & 0.9 sec delay [heavy], sometimes you can get up to 10 hit checks in a row, you are best to test this out vs Sneaky and having your "Auto Click" enabled. You can also watch Pulfagore doing multiple QD attacks on you while healing yourself.

I have done this before... there is no real magic formula other than a successful hit check, it is random.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 17 2022 06:13pm
Gold: 16,168.48
Jan 17 2022 06:36pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 18 2022 12:10am)
I have tested QD before and a total of 24+%.

Since I was using Heavy Weapons I chose NOT to go above 20% while having "Auto Click" enabled since a QD attack can interrupt clicking the Door to exit catacomb. I am guessing that this will also happen with Auto Click off, or it will cancel out continuous QDs.

QD if I remember correctly; increases your attack speed by 50%, example of the old 2 sec delay for heavy weapons, it would be 1 sec delay (this was before 1.8 delay update to Heavy weapons).

Basically each successful hit check will let your next attack be faster (i.e. 0.5 sec delay [normal] & 0.9 sec delay [heavy], sometimes you can get up to 10 hit checks in a row, you are best to test this out vs Sneaky and having your "Auto Click" enabled. You can also watch Pulfagore doing multiple QD attacks on you while healing yourself.

I have done this before... there is no real magic formula other than a successful hit check, it is random.

I already linked the topic earlier in the topic which showed the 1.8 sec update as well as QD increasing attack speed by 75% instead of 50%: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79246498&f=272
You also only confirmed what others have said about chaining QD's being possible. I have all the information i need on QD for the moment.
Jan 18 2022 04:55pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 18 2022 01:36pm)
I already linked the topic earlier in the topic which showed the 1.8 sec update as well as QD increasing attack speed by 75% instead of 50%: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79246498&f=272
You also only confirmed what others have said about chaining QD's being possible. I have all the information i need on QD for the moment.

Well then, you better make sure you include the fact that 20% + Quick Draw while "Auto Click (Action)" is enabled, it can interfere with Exiting catacomb, basically you have to switch from Melee to Heal or cast charm to cancel it out and spam the door. This is important for Hardcore players especially.

EDIT: oh btw, I tested this out before the 75% increase to heavy weapon speed using QD, so it maybe more of a nuisance.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 18 2022 05:00pm
Jan 19 2022 04:58pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 14 2022 03:38am)
Coming much later:
Damage per second calculations, ideally including critical strike/mind numb/quickdraw/power shot
Not enough data exists for the critical strike calculation and no testing at all has been done on mind numb as far as i'm aware.

Would you be working on "Average" damage per second based on weapon type (including the stats/ee/ranks etc)?
How would you add in QD with damage per second? (just trying to get an understanding other than X% QD could be 0.5 sec)

I believe you have a good basis to work out Critical Hit checks based on stats alone, as for items with Critical Strike, I think Meridius has a basis to his previous testing with items or BWComformity.
Jan 19 2022 05:43pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 19 2022 10:58pm)
Would you be working on "Average" damage per second based on weapon type (including the stats/ee/ranks etc)?
How would you add in QD with damage per second? (just trying to get an understanding other than X% QD could be 0.5 sec)

I believe you have a good basis to work out Critical Hit checks based on stats alone, as for items with Critical Strike, I think Meridius has a basis to his previous testing with items or BWComformity.

Spoken with Brad, there's not really been any real attempt to figure out how it's calculated.
But yes, basically it's a case of putting everyones tests into a spreadsheet and attempting to figure out similarities, my guess is the damage ratio's are again significant as well as the amount of stats.

The main issue with my quickdraw calculation is it presumes you use the quickdraw every time it triggers, so 100% quickdraw would be attacking 4 times as fast and therefore 4 times as much damage. In reality this isn't going to be the case as you can't change mob at the precise timings needed, thinking about it i'm not 100% sure if you can chain it from one mob from another, from memory i think you can but could be wrong.
However all damage per second calculations are based off of perfect actions and this is never going to happen except for bots and in that case you'd be banned ^^ But i can't really input a number of how inefficient each person is. So makes sense to just state the theoretical maximum numbers

Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 18 2022 10:55pm)
Well then, you better make sure you include the fact that 20% + Quick Draw while "Auto Click (Action)" is enabled, it can interfere with Exiting catacomb, basically you have to switch from Melee to Heal or cast charm to cancel it out and spam the door. This is important for Hardcore players especially.

EDIT: oh btw, I tested this out before the 75% increase to heavy weapon speed using QD, so it maybe more of a nuisance.

I have no reason to include anything about interfering with exiting catacomb, this is a damage calc not a guide on how to use QD.
Jan 19 2022 06:28pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 20 2022 12:43pm)
Spoken with Brad, there's not really been any real attempt to figure out how it's calculated.
But yes, basically it's a case of putting everyones tests into a spreadsheet and attempting to figure out similarities, my guess is the damage ratio's are again significant as well as the amount of stats.

Guessing this paragraph is in relation to Critical Strike. Early in the Crit Strike thread, there was mention to Critical Strike having a similar effect as X number of Stats (Dex for example using Sword / Staff / Long Sword & Polearms), there will be a difference with Daggers / Clubs / Spear & Warhammers since during the tests there was speculation that Critical Hit checks were less noticeable, as for Axe / Battleaxe, it may change again, maybe based on how high one of the stats are. Let me know if you have a "Testing Criteria" (method) to test further.

The main issue with my quickdraw calculation is it presumes you use the quickdraw every time it triggers, so 100% quickdraw would be attacking 4 times as fast and therefore 4 times as much damage. In reality this isn't going to be the case as you can't change mob at the precise timings needed, thinking about it i'm not 100% sure if you can chain it from one mob from another, from memory i think you can but could be wrong.
However all damage per second calculations are based off of perfect actions and this is never going to happen except for bots and in that case you'd be banned ^^ But i can't really input a number of how inefficient each person is. So makes sense to just state the theoretical maximum numbers

You can chain it from one mob to another, I have seen this done using Heavy Weapons only, and when QD was only 50% increased speed. You would most likely get more information using Heavy weapons with QD, and you can test with "Auto Action" enabled & disabled. Not sure how effective "spam" clicking will get you though. :D

I have no reason to include anything about interfering with exiting catacomb, this is a damage calc not a guide on how to use QD.

Correct on damage calculator and it may seem trivial or not needed, but, for those players that solo (either core) and USE your calculator, should be informed (maybe just a note). And yes I am aware that there aren't many great items that also have high QD%. Note... just a thought for you to either think on it more, or disregard it completely.
Gold: 30,363.04
Jan 23 2022 07:06am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 16 Jan 2022 19:11)
Much thanks to derDrops for the following:

Hadn't expected to be able to chain quickdraws, seems too good, guess i'll find out when i chuck that into the calculations. In theory lets suggest we used a 20% weapon,armor,charm and glyph. get to 80% QD which should deal roughly 3 times as much damage (100% qd would be 4 times as much, seeing attack time reduced from 1 sec to 0.25 secs on normal wep and 1.8 to 0.45 secs on heavy)

Struggling to figure out the equation tonight, tried 2 different methods which made sense in my head but wrong on paper.
Shouldnt be that bad, will probably come to me at some point

i guess i have to correct here. QD is cutting the delay between attacks into half just once. so QD hits always have the same speed and don't multiply the effect. So aQD hit can't reduce the attack speed from a previous QD hit again.
Jan 23 2022 07:18am
Quote (derDrops @ Jan 23 2022 01:06pm)
i guess i have to correct here. QD is cutting the delay between attacks into half just once. so QD hits always have the same speed and don't multiply the effect. So aQD hit can't reduce the attack speed from a previous QD hit again.

yes i'm aware. the 1 sec to .25 secs is a standard weapon, suppose i could have made it clearer, anyway at the moment i've lost a bit of interest in this mostly due to critical strike being the next stage and that's going to be a nightmare.
Thanks again for your assistance.

Quote (derDrops @ Jan 23 2022 01:06pm)
QD is cutting the delay between attacks into half

Would like clarification here, this link specifically states it's reduced by 75% which is the value i'm using: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79246498&f=272
Code
Quick Draw now decreases the next attack time by 75% (from 50%)

I have no reason to believe this value got updated back to 50% however if enough testing is done to suggest the value is 50% again i can change the formulas.

At this precise moment i'm not in the mood to modify the first posts link, so this is the current sheet which includes:
3 separate Damage calculations - Done
EE cap - Done
proficiency - Done
Damage per second calculations: in progress. Need CS/Mind numb/AP etc to get final numbers.
Power shot - Done
Quick Draw - More testing needed, the testers who've used it seem to agree the formula is working correctly, i've not simplified the formula yet as i think it's not ideal in it's current format.

Critical Strike - Not started.
Mind Numb - Not started.
Armor Pierce - Not started.

link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDkoYfhQSyWW0KNRYTAWZRLxVfeYGgj-nwqOwtgtSOs/edit#gid=0

Quote (derDrops @ Jan 23 2022 01:33pm)
I wasn't aware of the change...

not a problem, thanks for letting me know, will continue presuming 75% reduction is correct

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Jan 23 2022 07:42am
Gold: 30,363.04
Jan 23 2022 07:33am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 23 Jan 2022 14:18)
yes i'm aware. the 1 sec to .25 secs is a standard weapon, suppose i could have made it clearer, anyway at the moment i've lost a bit of interest in this mostly due to critical strike being the next stage and that's going to be a nightmare.
Thanks again for your assistance.

Would like clarification here, this link specifically states it's reduced by 75% which is the value i'm using: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79246498&f=272
Code
Quick Draw now decreases the next attack time by 75% (from 50%)

I have no reason to believe this value got updated back to 50% however if enough testing is done to suggest the value is 50% again i can change the formulas.

At this precise moment i'm not in the mood to modify the first posts link, so this is the current sheet which includes:
3 separate Damage calculations - Done
EE cap - Done
proficiency - Done
Damage per second calculations: in progress. Need CS/Mind numb/AP etc to get final numbers.
Power shot - Done
Quick Draw - More testing needed, the testers who've used it seem to agree the formula is working correctly, i've not simplified the formula yet as i think it's not ideal in it's current format.

Critical Strike - Not started.
Mind Numb - Not started.
Armor Pierce - Not started.

link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDkoYfhQSyWW0KNRYTAWZRLxVfeYGgj-nwqOwtgtSOs/edit#gid=0

I wasn't aware of the change...
Jan 29 2022 06:42am
Critical Strike:

Following is just speculation, Critical Strike (CS) increases your chance to deal double damage. Charms & Weapons benefit from this Mod.

Charm damage is only based on one(1) stat: Intelligence. This stat increases damage.
Weapon damage is based on two(2) stat(s): Strength or Dexterity, and the consensus is that Critical Hit chance is based on OFF of the lower stat ratio (75/25... 25/75... 90/10... 10/90... etc) from previous testing, and also the # of CS = X amount of so-n-so stat.

I think for testing, it is better to just use charms and the mod CS to give you more of a decisive answer.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll